Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Doubt it.

It's because hardy anyone would want to swap places with her because I'd imagine her life isn't exactly a barrel of laughs - it's certainly a lot ****tier than my life.

You should ask yourself if you're kicking up or kicking down.

Of course you wouldn't be be able to harvest as many 'thanks' from those kinds of considerations , so, rabble, rabble ,rabble, etc.

If her life is such a struggle why did she continue to have children.
    She's being struggling to find accommodation with years but she/her children was suffering so much she continued to have children.
    I have seen people go down the same road as her(have lots of children and never work) and they never seem to care.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Its really hard to find the balance

I know a single mother with 2 kids renting an apartment from the council. She is on the breadline and when her youngest turns 7 she is down to €50 less a week to live off

And then there is this Cash one. Completely taking the p!ss . However it seems like the goverments main priority is get travellers into houses

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Doubt it.

It's because hardy anyone would want to swap places with her because I'd imagine her life isn't exactly a barrel of laughs - it's certainly a lot ****tier than my life.

Of course you wouldn't be be able to harvest as many 'thanks' from those kinds of considerations , so, rabble, rabble ,rabble, etc.

Where have you been, she has sh1te loads of cash and has quite a life, partying, splashing out on stuff people would only dream of, cash for cars, cash for a caravan, has plenty of time to be out while others are stealing from those that make her living possible, steals for the craic, husband is a criminal also and beats the elderly and yet you seem to think she doesn't have an easy life.

I'm actually lost for words.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

If her life is such a struggle why did she continue to have children.
    She's being struggling to find accommodation with years but she/her children was suffering so much she continued to have children.
    I have seen people go down the same road as her(have lots of children and never work) and they never seem to care.

Because it's her culture and she knows no better. And she's foisting that future on her kids too.

• Advertisement

What do we call a traveller in a house????

They no longer travel and to be honest with you when did cash ever travel???? Apart from the stunt with the caravan to get her back into a house.

She didn't pay her part of the hap so is a very very cute pup..... She will no longer have to contribute the already free money she gets handed each week, month and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Its really hard to find the balance

I know a single mother with 2 kids renting an apartment from the council. She is on the breadline and when her youngest turns 7 she is down to €50 less a week to live off

And then there is this Cash one. Completely taking the p!ss . However it seems like the goverments main priority is get travellers into houses

Nothing wrong with welfare being paid to those who need it (no matter what your ethnicity is) but like you said, there are those who take the p*ss and get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Doubt it.

No different to Margaret harvesting 'likes' on Facebook from similar minded people who thinks she deserves a house for simply being on a waiting list. Like minded people tend to agree with each other. Shock horror!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Doubt it.

Kicking up.

Margaret decided to take up her career as a Margaret when she was 16. I was doing things like boxing, collecting my JC results, trying to get my Swiss roll, drinking cans in fields.

Doing a Margaret wouldn't have been a viable option given my own circumstances. It wouldn't have crossed my mind anyway. I had other things on.

At this stage of my life I've other commitments which would render any such a career change unviable.

Anyway I'm not the correct gender for that career. Although in this day and age anything is possible.

It's not so much a career as a much a vocation. Is the old Margareting for a living. You've to be determined and committed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

What do we call a traveller in a house????

They no longer travel and to be honest with you when did cash ever travel???? Apart from the stunt with the caravan to get her back into a house.

She didn't pay her part of the hap so is a very very cute pup..... She will no longer have to contribute the already free money she gets handed each week, month and so on.
    I think she grew up in a caravan with her aunt. She would have been on rent allowance. HAP is different because the government finally admitted that people were taking rent allowance and keeping it. With HAP, the government portion is paid directly to the landlord and the tenant's portion is taken from their social welfare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭ShaneC93

Hopefully there won't be anything to pity.
    Hopefully she realises what she's been given.
    Hopefully the kids will be well behaved neighbours.

Hopefully it will be reported without bias in the media if not.

It's not the kids I'd be worried about as a neighbour but her and her husband with them both having a combined 50+ convictions for theft, assault etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

You know what this country's a ****in kip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

In September 2015 it was in the papers that she was soon to be evicted from her house as the landlord was selling. She claims to not have found alternative accommodation as rent prices were too high to be covered by HAP. At that stage she was on the housing list for 6 years.

http://www.echo.ie/tallaght/article/no-solution-in-sight-with-ongoing-homeless-crisis

She's clearly taking the piss but loads of people on here are just throwing out "facts" with no proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

tuxy wrote: »
    In September 2015 it was in the papers that she was soon to be evicted from her house as the landlord was selling. She claims to not have found alternative accommodation as rent prices were too high to be covered by HAP. At that stage she was on the housing list for 6 years.

http://www.echo.ie/tallaght/article/no-solution-in-sight-with-ongoing-homeless-crisis

She's clearly taking the piss but loads of people on here are just throwing out "facts" with no proof.

Do what thousands of others on HAP do - cover the difference yourself !

Beggars can't be choosers but it seems if you're a traveller you can do what you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

ShaneC93 wrote: »
    It's not the kids I'd be worried about as a neighbour but her and her husband with them both having a combined 50+ convictions for theft, assault etc.

True, I kinda buried the lead there. Can't imagine he will be around all that much though.

Do what thousands of others on HAP do - cover the difference yourself !

You still have to find a house within rent limits so she would need a 4 bed house in south Dublin for €1,300 or less a month.

tuxy wrote: »
    You still have to find a house within rent limits so she would need a 4 bed house in south Dublin for €1,300 or less a month.

Suppose when she moves in rents must have to come down as with the house prices too.

It can be flexible in some cases and the limit can be raised by up to 20% or €1560 for someone with 3+ children

Beggars can't be choosers but it seems if you're a traveller you can do what you like.

If you were a landlord with a 2 bed house in south Dublin for €1500 a month would you let herself and the 7 children move in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I'll be surprised if Margaret doesn't have her good news all over the papers over the next few days

“Yeah I’m delighted to be out of the B&B in Drumcondra and in a house in Tallaght however it’s not a forever home”

The gubbermint still hasn’t given me anything

I still need a forever home for my angles"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Kicking up.

Margaret decided to take up her career as a Margaret when she was 16. I was doing things like boxing, collecting my JC results, trying to get my Swiss roll, drinking cans in fields.

Doing a Margaret wouldn't have been a viable option given my own circumstances. It wouldn't have crossed my mind anyway. I had other things on.

At this stage of my life I've other commitments which would render any such a career change unviable.

Anyway I'm not the correct gender for that career. Although in this day and age anything is possible.

It's not so much a career as a much a vocation. Is the old Margareting for a living. You've to be determined and committed.

The Husband is on to a good thing too in fairness, he has a laying hen in more ways than one. He'll be living in this house too once released from prison.

They've been rewarded for making all the bad choices in life. While mugs like us are up early every morning trying to do things the right way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

AFAIK I know he is out of prison but not "living with the family" after doing the dirt on poor old margaret

Homeless Mum Margaret Cash reveals husband John McCarthy no longer living with family in Drumcondra B&B
    John McCarthy had rejoined the family after being released from Cloverhill Prison on bail

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/homeless-mum-margaret-cash-reveals-15132047

460652.png

Then again it's entirely possible he is still around just that it's an easier sell for Margaret as a 'single' mother

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭normanoffside

John Says that Carricmines is racist murder

https://twitter.com/johnconnors1990/status/1088122898009731072

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    AFAIK I know he is out of prison but not "living with the family" after doing the dirt on poor old margaret

Homeless Mum Margaret Cash reveals husband John McCarthy no longer living with family in Drumcondra B&B
    John McCarthy had rejoined the family after being released from Cloverhill Prison on bail

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/homeless-mum-margaret-cash-reveals-15132047

460652.png

Then again it's entirely possible he is still around just that it's an easier sell for Margaret as a 'single' mother

He must be an absolute God in the sack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

John Says that Carricmines is racist murder

https://twitter.com/johnconnors1990/status/1088122898009731072
    Fat brainless cnut.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,034 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

How is it that Connors is taken seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,490 ✭✭✭Killinator

NIMAN wrote: »

I don't know which is worse, him or the sycophants who praise everything he says to appear right on!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Fat brainless cnut.

I despise that fat wobble faced idiot

I read his posts on fb as we have a mutual friend

The daft **** that comes out of his pea brain is staggering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,211 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

NIMAN wrote: »

He is taken seriously by his followers on Twitter.
    Any body who disagrees with him is a troll.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement