Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolfenstein TNC/Doom

Options
  • 22-01-2019 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

I know Doom Eternal is coming out this year and the next Wolfenstein should be next year but was wondering if there are any other Single Player games of the same ilk that anyone can recommend?

Cheers

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,225 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

As in out now or to be expected in 2019?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭micosavo

Either would be great! Have replayed both and pretty much maxed out all achievements (except Mein Leben of course!) so am looking for a game to play.

I usually play some World of Warcraft in between good single player games but this latest expansion doesn't do anything for me

Cheers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,134 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’d strongly recommend Dusk on PC. Beautifully designed old-school shooter with just the right amount of modern polish. Don’t let the 90s graphics put you off - it’s loaded with atmosphere, fast-moving gameplay, secret-filled levels and many evil cultists blocking your way to the exit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

You'll need to go back a bit to get much of a list but these would be my recommendations for something even close to the experience...

Shadow Warrior / Shadow Warrior 2
    Hard Reset
    Painkiller
    Serious Sam 3
    Rise of the Triad
    Bulletstorm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Might be worth checking out the Metro Redux collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,841 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I just finished Titanfall 2 after hearing how great the single player campaign was. It is really good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Titanfall for me was super. There is Prey aswell.

Its hard to beat Wolfenstein and Doom though. Some of the best FPS single player games in 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Found Prey to be really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

I can vouch for Prey too, great adventure shooter game!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

If we're going back Borderlands 2 deserves a mention. It can be ludicrously funny first time around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

gimli2112 wrote: »
    If we're going back Borderlands 2 deserves a mention. It can be ludicrously funny first time around.

+1 for this. I absolutely loved Borderlands.

It's old but Crysis Two was a great game.

Also agree with the suggestions above.

Call of Duty remastered isnt bad either.

And I thought Bio shock Infinite was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think these would be some of the better FPS campaigns of the past 5 or so odd years, apart from the ones you've already mentioned.

Bioshock Infinite + Burial At Sea DLC
    Titanfall 2
    COD: Infinite Warfare
    Prey
    Far Cry 5
    Shadow Warrior + Shadow Warrior 2
    Dishonored
    Alien Isolation (more survival horror though)

You'd probably get some mileage out of the campaigns in Battlefield 1, Battlefield Hardline and Battlefield V as well I would imagine, they're not terrible, as well as some of the other COD games like COD: WW2, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Deus Ex, etc.

Some older titles as well like Bioshock 1 + 2 (both have remastered editions now), Rage, Modern Warfare 2/3, Black Ops + Black Ops 2, Advanced Warfare, etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,862 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just going to chime in that Bioshock Infinite is a load of poo.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just going to chime in that Bioshock Infinite is a load of poo.

giphy.gif

:pac::pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,862 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I heard good things about Project Warlock on steam as well.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/893680/Project_Warlock/

Looks like the antithesis to Bioshock Infinite, in that it's actually fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭micosavo

Prey (2006) was awesome for me, I really liked it. Still waiting on a sequel. Can the 2017 reboot be called that?

I just got started on COD:WWII yesterday, am still getting my ass kicked on the beach. :D

Incredible game. Chose the PS4 version so still trying to get used to the controller again.

I did Far Cry, so will give Far Cry 5 a shot. Hopefully the PC can handle it.

Thanks for all the suggestions, will give them a shot

2017 game has nothing to do with it. It's more a spiritual system shock 2 sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 12,320 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

another fun fps I liked is The Darkness II

surprised at the price on Steam though considering it's 6 years old now and can be picked up for 0.60c on other sites

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

One game I forgot about, probably because it doesn't have a release date yet, is Prodeus...

The two guys making it are pretty experienced and have some ace games under their belts so definitely looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement