Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Azealia Banks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Wibbs wrote: »
    +1.
    Jesus yer wan is in the colloquial; a bit of a munter.
    And clearly a mental case with apparent amnesia,
    about taking her pills going on her previous.
    The only one who should put any store, or care about what she "thinks" is her shrink.
    Wibbs wrote: »
    They're pretty founded G.
    Though I get your point about the looks thing.
    Though to be fair the irony of her rants,
    is bloody delicious.

I don't know why, but as I read that, I rapped it all in my head, to the rhythm of 212.

Help.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭fiveleavesleft

She's a nutter, got a few great tunes though & she used to be a cutie!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAmaaW4d5n0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

You have to laugh at the lads saying she's ugly while they live at home with mammy crying about their virginity while **** into a crusty sock.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

magma69 wrote: »
    From my phone. Popped into after hours for a peek. Seems to be populated mostly by angry, bitter men with nothing positive to say about anything. Probably bullied at school and have a chip on their shoulder. It's very sad.

Nice bit of victim blaming there. I don't know how you came to that conclusion. Obviously never bullied yourself.

Imagine the consternation if a man said to some women, "Ah, ye were probably raped when ye were teenagers." He'd be banned from Boards for life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

She hasn't been the same since the Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air ended.

c48553a6-c576-4cc7-a3d1-1cc55c182752-4b27dd26684c72265e76502863e2cb46-tatyana-ali-perfect-eyelashes.jpg?w=970&h=546&fit=crop&crop=faces&auto=format&q=70

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

sligojoek wrote: »
    Nice bit of victim blaming there. I don't know how you came to that conclusion. Obviously never bullied yourself.

Imagine the consternation if a man said to some women, "Ah, ye were probably raped when ye were teenagers." He'd be banned from Boards for life.

'victim blaming'?

woah there lad, calm down a bit...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Calm down??

How did the OP come to the conclusion that AH is mostly populated by angry bitter men who were probably bullied at school.

And you're telling me to calm down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

sligojoek wrote: »
    Calm down??

How did the OP come to the conclusion that AH is mostly populated by angry bitter men who were probably bullied at school.

And you're telling me to calm down.

I'd say he's read some of the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,694 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

There's a meme in the story somewhere
    "flies to country to do gig.
    Insults people of the country at the airport.
    Wonders why nobody shows up to gig"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I've met some right c*nts of staff on Aer Lingus so I don't think she's entirely to blame. The headline is ridiculous she's clearly not saying Irish women are ugly she's saying the staff's behavior was ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I've met some right c*nts of staff on Aer Lingus so I don't think she's entirely to blame. The headline is ridiculous she's clearly not saying Irish women are ugly she's saying the staff's behavior was ugly.

She is, she's slagging off our rose of tralee now calling her ugly.
    She's trying to offend us all as a country, so she can get attention and stay relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

"I've worked too hard in my life to be cornered by some ugly Irish b***h. They are ugly Irish women here"

Sure Dan, sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

GingerLily wrote: »
    She's trying to offend us all as a country, so she can get attention and stay relevant.

How dare she slag off our Rose of Tralee, that's the last straw.

Can't see any trace of her doing that, seems unlikely (or stupid) as she is in Dublin now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Can't see any trace of her doing that, seems unlikely (or stupid) as she is in Dublin now
    Read her Instagram stories.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    "I've worked too hard in my life to be cornered by some ugly Irish b***h. They are ugly Irish women here"

Sure Dan, sure.

All I'm saying Bob is that you can be ugly in more than one sense, and saying "They are ugly Irish women here" does not necessarily equal "All Irish women are ugly" and is a clickbait headline.

I think it much more likely she's saying "There are Irish women in my vicinity with unredeeming personality traits", but she didn't quite articulate that at the time :D

But also, I don't give AF :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Another traveler bashing thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

She has that one class song, where if the clean version is played it effectively mutes about 92% of the words!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

razorblunt wrote: »
    She has that one class song, where if the clean version is played it effectively mutes about 92% of the words!

Great tune all right but so strangely aggressive for one so young. She had a comfortable upbringing by her own admission - why such hostility.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Elon Musk must have shares in Aer Lingus

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Great tune all right but so strangely aggressive for one so young. She had a comfortable upbringing by her own admission - why such hostility.
    It sells? The whole "teenage angst and anger" always has and its made for some great music.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It's art dahling.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

Her brother Carlton and sister Ashley are always nice .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The holy hack of this poxy horror, looks like a sock full of yogurt.
    That's just loopy. Of course she doesn't.

She is a rude obnoxious weapon but making unfounded claims about her looks is just stooping to her level.

She's at best pretty (likely very pretty when tarted up), at worst unremarkable looking.
    i get your point, maybe I should have not be so abrupt in the way she was.

Well I liked your comment because the linguistics in your description was positively fantastic, whether true or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭blackbox

hope she enjoys Ryanair...

She might end up taking the ferry...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

blackbox wrote: »
    She might end up taking the ferry...

Said on radio this morning that she took the ferry to Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,790 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I've never had trouble with any airline staff including aer lingus because guess what, I sit down and behave myself on a flight.

If in the rare event that anyone is a bit snippy, just do a Frozen and 'let it go', it's not that hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,790 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Another traveler bashing thread?

Travelling from point a to point b and a sense of entitlement.

Yeah, guess so.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

This is all over the phrase "sort you out"
    In Ireland, it means take care of you.
    In the USA it means murder you.

She's the biggest drama queen ever and no doubt will be on some big radio show in New York claiming that she has been racially abused etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

In December 2014 she called for over $100 trillion to be paid to African Americans as financial reparations for the enslavement of their ancestors.

Why is it when Azelia and Sinéad O'Connor make crazy statements it makes the headline news? Attention-seeking is all they're at.