Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tank leaking and burning mouth?

Options
  • 20-01-2019 9:01pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey

Hoping someone here can advise. I've an eleaf battery with a tank I don't know the name of which I've started using this past week.

I use it on and off as i find that it seems that some of the liquid escapes from the tank and I get a burning feeling on my mouth/lips which is very uncomfortable.

When I inhale I also find I cough a lot after.

Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

It has to be either the coil or the tank, either of which could simply be not very good.

Other possibilities,
    If the battery power can be adjusted, have you it set too high?
    Could be flooding the coil. Does it gurgle when you vape?
    Have you just started vaping?
    Have you just started vaping sub-ohm?

That's all I got with the limited info.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It has to be either the coil or the tank, either of which could simply be not very good.

Other possibilities,
    If the battery power can be adjusted, have you it set too high?
    Could be flooding the coil. Does it gurgle when you vape?
    Have you just started vaping?
    Have you just started vaping sub-ohm?

That's all I got with the limited info.

I set the battery power at 15 which the shop recommended.
    My tank is an aspire k1 I think.
    When I vape it makes a crackling noise
    Yes I've just started full stop

Stheno wrote: »
    I set the battery power at 15 which the shop recommended.
    My tank is an aspire k1 I think.
    When I vape it makes a crackling noise
    Yes I've just started full stop

That setup should be a decent starter kit.The crackling is nothing to be concerned about. The spitback is unfortunate, but most likely inherent with that tank. You can buy anti spit-back drip tips that would easily and cheaply solve the burning issue.

Regarding the cough. My guess is you are just new to vaping. I remember my first e-cig, similar to what you are using. That thing used to tear my throat up, but only for a few days. Your throat will adapt to it quickly.

Also check what strength juice you are using. Dropping to lower nic juice will be softer on the throat.

Just to clarify,

Are you actually being burned by tiny drops of the vapor on your tongue, or you are getting a burning taste?

If it is the former then follow the post above, if it is the latter then it is most likely the coil not getting enough liquid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

One reason for a coil spitting juice is that it's actually not hot enough, the juice is being heated but not getting vaporized. Have you tried upping the wattage a bit? It may sound counter-intuitive, but give it a try.

|It could very well be that the coil is flooding also, as OS1RIS suggested, next time the tank is empty open it up and check is the coil securely screwed in - if it's loose or not threaded in correctly this can cause leaking and gurgling

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Thanks all I got it checked the coil was flooded

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Oliviageorge

just get rid of it

Advertisement