Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Antlers, Sugar Club

• 18-01-2019 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

30th of April, playing an intimate show for the 10th anniversary reissue of Hospice

Who's going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭MattD

This guy! One of my favourite albums ever. Haven't been to the Sugar Club for a gig before though, I hope it can get the atmosphere right.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

It's good if you get in early for a table, and crap if you have to stand on the steps

Had forgotten about this, just went on to Ticketmaster and got a ticket. :) Saw them at the Olympia back in 2014 but wasn't feeling too well on the night and had to leave before it finished, so hopefully I'll make it to the end this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

It's good if you get in early for a table, and crap if you have to stand on the steps

The true downfall of the sugar club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Loved this!

Who else was there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 CoffeeCrap

I was there, thought the performance was great but the crowd was unfortunate, was sat in middle rows of sugar club and could hear non-stop chatter from behind, especially during quieter songs.

With the type of music they play, you would need an almost silent venue which is obviously never going to happen either though.

Still, enjoyed the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 camanstar

Great show, we were near the back and the noise was shocking at times. Hospice was excellent, really worked well live. Great vocals and music, really enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Damn, can't believe I only saw this now. Love that album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

I didn't notice any talkers where I was, I was on the 5th row

Madness that people would go to a live performance of that album and talk through it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I was standing at the back so had to put up with a lot of talkers, my own fault for arriving late!

Venue was way too hot, a girl in front of me fainted and had to be carried out the back. She made a return not too long after thankfully.

I was surprised so many people left after they finished Hospice... putting the dog to sleep was amazing to finish on.

All in all, I thought it was fantastic but probably would have preferred a full band show... maybe a half and half approach might have worked.

I’m not sure the status of the band but the way they were talking hopefully there’s some new stuff in the pipeline.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

People spoke through their gig at the Olympia too a few years back and ruined it for many.

Forgot about this one unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

Was sitting at the front. Could only hear talking between songs. I recorded the audio of the concert in .flac format and will uploaded it somewhere later. The quality is incredible considering it was just recorded on my phone.

Thoroughly enjoyed the gig

Edit: If anyone wants access to the .flac itself I can share it on drive, however it's 3.7Gb in size...

adam240610 wrote: »
    Was sitting at the front. Could only hear talking between songs. I recorded the audio of the concert in .flac format and will uploaded it somewhere later. The quality is incredible considering it was just recorded on my phone.

Thoroughly enjoyed the gig

Edit: If anyone wants access to the .flac itself I can share it on drive, however it's 3.7Gb in size...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP_zsioB1Ho&feature=youtu.be

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Good man. I enjoyed it a lot, seen them in Brooklyn on the original tour when the album came out first and a few times since. It's one of my favourites and with Peter's hearing problems I thought I'd never see him play again.

I guess he can't play with a full band anymore but the acoustic set worked well for it

YouTube removed it for being too long. Pm me if you want it as a .flac or MP3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

YouTube removed it for being too long. Pm me if you want it as a .flac or MP3

Sending a pm now

Advertisement