Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2019 Mod warning #1682

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

How quickly can you work up the pay scale in a job like this?

Starting salary isn't great but would be a comfortable job I would imagine?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

beardo81 wrote: »
    How quickly can you work up the pay scale in a job like this?

Starting salary isn't great but would be a comfortable job I would imagine?

Yearly increments based on receiving satisfactory rating in performance rating

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

fergald wrote: »
    Hi,

My sister was going to apply but was unsure if she met the requirements. She had a diploma in computer science from carlow 3 years full time, it was Ncea, does anyone know or understand what fetac level this would be. She has tons of management experience etc etc etc.

Any help
    Thanks Fergald

3 years would normally be a level 7. She could look up the course prospectus now and see what it is, or just contact the college. Or see if the QQI website had any info.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭336699

Hi,

My sister was going to apply but was unsure if she met the requirements. She had a diploma in computer science from carlow 3 years full time, it was Ncea, does anyone know or understand what fetac level this would be. She has tons of management experience etc etc etc.

Any help
    Thanks Fergald

Would her Leaving Cert results not meet the requirements? You don’t a 3rd level education to apply for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Is there anywhere that gives a comprehensive list of departments and agencies? Knowing this will guide my choice for what counties i choose in my application. The roles could presumably be very different depending on the choices made.
    Google is your friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 livetelevision

Google is your friend

What was the point of this post exactly? There is nowhere to my knowledge that lists government departments and agencies according to geographical location. It was not beyond the realms of possibility that someone else was privy to such information.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Google is your friend

What was the point of this post exactly? There is nowhere to my knowledge that lists government departments and agencies according to geographical location. It was not beyond the realms of possibility that someone else was privy to such information.

You can get the map on the dper hr website under mobility. If you had googled it, you might have found it.

P.S: I took the liberty to google it for you.

https://dper.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=83eb12efc9c7478a982d39a89f759663

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Google is your friend

You can get the map on the dper hr website under mobility. If you had googled it, you might have found it.

P.S: I took the liberty to google it for you.

https://dper.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=83eb12efc9c7478a982d39a89f759663

You can also get a list of organisations and agencies by zone at https://hr.per.gov.ie/civil-service-mobility/

Last thing the civil service needs is junior managers that can't or won't do basic research. Tristan Obnoxious Leakage wasn't joking, Google is your friend.

You can also get a list of organisations and agencies by zone at https://hr.per.gov.ie/civil-service-mobility/

Last thing the civil service needs is junior managers that can't or won't do basic research. tatranska wasn't joking, Google is your friend.

Agreed, a big part of my current role is detective work. You won't get far without some initiative. It's s decision making role.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

I think the requirement is to have 5 honors in 5 higher level subjects. She have 4 honors in honors subjects and a pass in 1 honor subject.

Found this on wikipedia so should be ok.

The National Diploma has been replaced by the Ordinary Bachelor's Degree under the National Framework of Qualifications. This was decided by the National Qualifications Authority of Ireland recently. The National Diploma has not been awarded since June 2006, however holders of a National Diploma can claim equivalence to the newer award, the Ordinary Bachelor's Degree.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Diploma_(Ireland)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭myate

This is correct...old NCEA Diploma, usually a one year follow on from a national certificate, is now classed as an ordinary bachelors degree - it's what I have also. Classified as Level 7, so you can apply for the EO panel with it.

I think the requirement is to have 5 honors in 5 higher level subjects. She have 4 honors in honors subjects and a pass in 1 honor subject.

Found this on wikipedia so should be ok.

The National Diploma has been replaced by the Ordinary Bachelor's Degree under the National Framework of Qualifications. This was decided by the National Qualifications Authority of Ireland recently. The National Diploma has not been awarded since June 2006, however holders of a National Diploma can claim equivalence to the newer award, the Ordinary Bachelor's Degree.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Diploma_(Ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

perfect myate thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭lateron

Has anyone done the online test yet. Do you know if they are using Cut-e or SHL tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭finla

Just wondering if anyone here would know if a level 5 cert would be enough to apply for this comp? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭eroc79

lateron wrote: »
    Has anyone done the online test yet. Do you know if they are using Cut-e or SHL tests?
    Test part isn't out yet. It's just filling out previous work experience at the mo

finla wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone here would know if a level 5 cert would be enough to apply for this comp? Thanks.

You can apply with a leaving cert. Read the application form!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭finla

You can apply with a leaving cert. Read the application form!

I'm aware of that, what if you don't have the leaving cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭lateron

eroc79 wrote: »
    Test part isn't out yet. It's just filling out previous work experience at the mo

Thanks. Good luck with it

finla wrote: »
    I'm aware of that, what if you don't have the leaving cert?

Contact PAS

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,768 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Contact PAS

Regarding this, I contacted PAS as I have A-Levels and GCSEs. I got a helpful response back...
    Please note that, given the volume of applications, PAS is not in a position to consider or offer advice on the qualifications/eligibility of individuals unless they come under consideration. The onus is on the candidate to ensure they fulfil the eligibility requirements set out in the information booklet.

Qualifications/eligibility may not be confirmed until the final stage of the process, therefore, those candidates who do not possess the essential requirements, on the date specified in the booklet, and proceed with their application are putting themselves to unnecessary effort/expense and will not be offered a position from this competition.

PAS reserves the right to deem an applicant ineligible at any stage if it is apparent that the candidate does not hold the required eligibility/qualifications e.g. from the submitted application form. Candidates who come under consideration following the final selection stage will be required to provide documentary evidence of their eligibility, including qualifications.

Candidates who are unable to show that they hold the required qualifications may be withdrawn from the competition at any stage. An invitation to tests, interview or any element of the selection process is not acceptance of eligibility.

There's no mention of what PAS consider to be equivalent so I've no idea if my ALevels and GCSEs suffice. I have 2 years of an undergrad finished so I think that covers but it's not clear either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

I’m an existing CO in the Civil service I have two years service but only two honors at leaving very level, this this mean I am ineligible to apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭CandyCane_81

Does anyone have an idea of the numbers hired for Cork/Limerick, for the last campaign?

I’m an existing CO in the Civil service I have two years service but only two honors at leaving very level, this this mean I am ineligible to apply?
    If you have a leaving cert you can apply for open competition. Also with 2 years in the service you can apply for interdepartmental.
    I'm 2 weeks short of 2 years:(

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

If you have a leaving cert you can apply for open competition. Also with 2 years in the service you can apply for interdepartmental.
    I'm 2 weeks short of 2 years:(
    Competition closing in 2 weeks. So you are good to apply 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

Does anyone have an idea of the numbers hired for Cork/Limerick, for the last campaign?

I don’t know about Limerick but I selected Cork as one of my preferred locations. I didn’t make it to stage 2. I rang PAC last summer and they told me that very few were called for stage 2 in Cork. Hopefully this time around it will be different

busymammy wrote: »
    Competition closing in 2 weeks. So you are good to apply 😊

Can't. It's 2 years at closing date. I am 2 years mid Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

irish_goat wrote: »
    Regarding this, I contacted PAS as I have A-Levels and GCSEs. I got a helpful response back...

There's no mention of what PAS consider to be equivalent so I've no idea if my ALevels and GCSEs suffice. I have 2 years of an undergrad finished so I think that covers but it's not clear either.

You need to contact the NQAI and they will determine what the equivalency of your English A levels to that of the Irish Leaving Cert.

They will provide documentation which in turn will be accepted by PAS as proof of eligibility

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Samjd

That’s how I understand it, I know Tatranska is saying you can apply with Leaving Cert but I read it that you need 3 HL C’s with your two years service....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Can't. It's 2 years at closing date. I am 2 years mid Feb.

Surely you can apply for the open though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Gra11

“be serving as a Civil Servant with at least two years service and have obtained at least five subjects in the Established Leaving Certificate Examination (including Mathematics and Irish or English), three of which should be minimum Grade C (or post 2017 Leaving Certificate H4 grade) at Higher level, the others should be at a minimum Grade D (or post 2017 Leaving Certificate O6 grade) at Ordinary level; or have passed an examination(s) which would be acceptable to the Public Appointments Service as being of at least an equivalent standard to the Established Leaving Certificate.”

I think the 2 years alone counts for internal competitions

Advertisement