Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Hands

Options
  • 17-01-2019 12:35pm

The cold weather is making my hands very cold to the point they sting and thermal gloves don’t work at all.

Can anyone recommended a decent pair thay will keep my hands warm as I was out exercising this morning and it was unbearable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Stop exercising, stay in home and get fat.

Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,200 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Put your hands between your arse cheeks - they're nature's pockets, don't ya know (according to Futurama anyways)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

The cold weather ...

What cold weather? It's been ridiculously mild so far this winter.

Cold hands, warm heart

El Weirdo wrote: »
    What cold weather? It's been ridiculously mild so far this winter.

Well maybe I’ve just poor circulation then lol

• Advertisement

The cold weather is making my hands very cold to the point they sting and thermal gloves don’t work at all.

Can anyone recommended a decent pair thay will keep my hands warm as I was out exercising this morning and it was unbearable.

Would it be correct to assume you have quite dry skin on your hands? The stinging might be from the cold penetrating into tiny cracks in dry, chapped skin.

Get some white cotton gloves online, and before you put them on rub a nice thick hand cream into your hands to soften them and 'fill in' the cracks, then put your regular gloves over the cotton ones. Your hands will be warm and beautiful in no time, and the cream will help insulate them too. Long distance sea swimmers use waxy body creams to keep their skin from shrivelling in the water and drying up.

Even if you don't fancy the cotton gloves, use a cream and let it absorb before you put on your gloves - and make sure they're of breathable material - and it should still make a substantial difference, again assuming your skin is dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Our P.E teacher had this problem solved 20 years ago.

We were doing laps of the pitch in 2degrees weather in shorts and t-shirts, freezing.

He had his hands down the front of his tracksuit bottoms - cupping his bollocks. (Not in a pervy way) on the sidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Get two of these

crush-gripper.jpg?ts=1511903508

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Layers my friend. In the same way that wearing 3 light jerseys is warmer than 1 thick jumper, wearing a thin glove under your normal glove will make you much warmer. I introduce, Liner Gloves.

This works because it traps the heat under several consecutive layers. So even if the wind penetrates the first layer, the second layer doesn't lose any heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Liam28

Well maybe I’ve just poor circulation then lol

Maybe you have https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud_syndrome
    Do your hands change colour? You could be one of the 4%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

seamus wrote: »
    Layers my friend. In the same way that wearing 3 light jerseys is warmer than 1 thick jumper, wearing a thin glove under your normal glove will make you much warmer. I introduce, Liner Gloves.

This works because it traps the heat under several consecutive layers. So even if the wind penetrates the first layer, the second layer doesn't lose any heat.

Lloyd knows the craic Seamus.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

Maybe its not for everyone, but as a mucker, I usually run a cold tap outside on a frosty morning, wash my hands underneath and dry them off with that industrial blue paper you get in a big roll.

Afterwards my hands warm up quite quickly.

I'd never have a cold shower, as it increases the white blood cells, that's not good...

Hands are ok though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

1 spoonful of cement, twice a day. Hopefully it'll harden you the fcuk up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Muckka wrote: »
    Maybe its not for everyone, but as a mucker, I usually run a cold tap outside on a frosty morning, wash my hands underneath and dry them off with that industrial blue paper you get in a big roll.

Afterwards my hands warm up quite quickly.

I'd never have a cold shower, as it increases the white blood cells, that's not good...

Hands are ok though

Would the tap not be frozen?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Put on a hat.

It's not rocket science :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

People with cold hands tend to be lazy arses, get walking, running, gardening, whatever.

People with cold hands tend to be lazy arses, get walking, running, gardening, whatever.

Not true I exercise 2 hours a day except for Sunday’s

Advertisement