Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Skelet0n

Did they call you?

I just cancelled there as the deals they offered were shocking.
    The new customer deals are great though so I'm just planning to open a new account in my missus name.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

In the same boat, cancellation kicks in Friday, their offer was derisory. Vodafone broadband with Sky TV will save me over 300 compared to their offer. How long do you have to wait to start up a new contract in other halfs name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

you don't have to wait you just sign up up on line. It will consist of new equipment which can be a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I was offered almost nothing.

Be nice to try some other service at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

I gave my 30 days cancellation notice. 60 per month is just too much. Not sure who to change over to? But seems like half the price per month can be achieved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

i will definitely cancel and sign back up as a new customer since they are offering 49 for tv broadband now same as sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Deffo looks like the offers from Virgin & Sky are getting worse.
    I had to add an extra mobile (which will be cancelled when the free period finishes) to get a 9 months half price Broadband offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

Virgin not offering much in the way of discounts anymore! My broadband is going up from €44 to €59.

Rang them and best they could offer was
    €49 for 9 months, then €59 - €618 for the year.

As a new customer, you can get
    €35 for 6 months, then €59 - €564 for the year.

Think I will have to cancel and set up someone else living in the house as a new customer...hassle.

eir are offering €34.99 for 12 months + €29.99 to activate - €449.87 for the year
    Sky definitely seems to be the best deal around at €30 a month for 12 months - €360 for the year

Had signed up for SIRO with Vodafone for €20 for 6 months, then €50 for 6 months - €420 for the year but lots of neighbours reporting issues with SIRO so not sure what to do. Have a friend working in Sky and he says they get no calls to support for SIRO issues so he seems to think it must be reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

fletch wrote: »
    Had signed up for SIRO with Vodafone for €20 for 6 months, then €50 for 6 months - €420 for the year but lots of neighbours reporting issues with SIRO so not sure what to do. Have a friend working in Sky and he says they get no calls to support for SIRO issues so he seems to think it must be reliable

I left Virgin before Christmas and got in Vodafone SIRO.
    I'm very happy with the Broadband & its faster than Virgin's 360.
    You won't get anything close to the 1gb speed unless your connected with an Ethernet cable but I'm getting over 300mb speed with their 5GHz Wifi signal so I'm happy with that.
    The 5GHz is not as strong on the 3rd floor of my house but I can switch to the 2.4GHz signal then which has a longer range.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

fletch wrote: »
    Virgin not offering much in the way of discounts anymore! My broadband is going up from €44 to €59.

Rang them and best they could offer was
    €49 for 9 months, then €59 - €618 for the year.

As a new customer, you can get
    €35 for 6 months, then €59 - €564 for the year.

Think I will have to cancel and set up someone else living in the house as a new customer...hassle.

eir are offering €34.99 for 12 months + €29.99 to activate - €449.87 for the year
    Sky definitely seems to be the best deal around at €30 a month for 12 months - €360 for the year

In the end, they offered me €44 for 9 months and then €59 for the final 3 months to stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭JoeCat

I also gave my cancellation notice last weekend. I've been a customer so many years, tired of such a rip off prices. This is absolutely ridiculous. Moving to competitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

I'm going to give them another year. Got 30 quid 6 months 60 quid 60 months for phone and BB. Have heard so many bad reports of Eir billing inconsistencies and poor customer service that i'm reluctant to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭tomfoolery60

Skelet0n wrote: »
    Did they call you?

I just cancelled there as the deals they offered were shocking.
    The new customer deals are great though so I'm just planning to open a new account in my missus name.

No call!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

I'm going to give them another year. Got 30 quid 6 months 60 quid 60 months for phone and BB. Have heard so many bad reports of Eir billing inconsistencies and poor customer service that i'm reluctant to move.

In another year Eir's customer service investment will have paid off and they'll be a viable alternative.

My Last year with virgin. Took the 6 months half price deal.

cancalled today, wont give me lower than 57.50 for 9 months and full price for 3 months for TV,broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭JoeCat

4real wrote: »
    cancalled today, wont give me lower than 57.50 for 9 months and full price for 3 months for TV,broadband.

Now there are many more cheaper options. Best thing to do is to cancel and go with competitors. If it doesn't work out well, offers for new customers are far better than loyal customers!

JoeCat wrote: »
    Now there are many more cheaper options. Best thing to do is to cancel and go with competitors. If it doesn't work out well, offers for new customers are far better than loyal customers!

i cant get Sky in the apartment, Eir's speeds are way too low.
    I will let it cancel and then sign up as new customer. its a hassle but worth every penny saved.

They didn't contact during the thirty days after I cancelled so I let it go and got my OH to sign up instead. We will save well over 200 this year as a result, their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

I'm due a price increase and have upto next week to cancel. Will be moving out of apartment at end of April and wondering will I incur a cancellation fee if I stay with them until then or am I best to get out now. Would need to get a dongle or mobile broadband of some sort to power my IPTV for next 3 months then.

mjp wrote: »
    I'm due a price increase and have upto next week to cancel. Will be moving out of apartment at end of April and wondering will I incur a cancellation fee if I stay with them until then or am I best to get out now. Would need to get a dongle or mobile broadband of some sort to power my IPTV for next 3 months then.
    If you do nothing your contract will be up but you'll remain a customer, you'll be able to cancel for free then in April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭CFC1969

All other deals on SWITCHER seem to require a phone landline,

does anyone know the cost of getting phone connection into house?, do EIRCOM do it?

Used to have one, but got rid of phone years ago.

Will try to get 1/2 price deal from VM, as mine is up soon ... will report back with update

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Anyone know can you cancel & sign back up in the same name?

Anyone know can you cancel & sign back up in the same name?

Why don,t you ring and cancel, they will ffer you a deal presently

I got offered pretty much no discount. But to be honest the horizon box is so bad I wanted rid of it anyway.

Beauf

Ring again, recently got offered 6 mon 1/2 price on BB.

1908 / Cancel / "because of price" were options I used when phoning

I got a deal last minute on BB only but literally in the last few minutes of my 30 days notice. If all the alternatives weren't so bad id have switched that too. They weren't significantly cheaper than the deal I got.

I've suffered the Horizon box for way too long though. On the 2nd version of that and it's only getting worse. Time to cut the cord on that for good.

Beauf

Did they ring you, or did you ring them?

What type of deal for BB ?

Got offered of 6 m 1/2 pr on BB/PH ....

cancelled on the 11th, got a call today offering me 49.50 a month for 12 months on tv(basic) broadband (240mb)
    couldnt argue with that so just accepted it.
    anyone waiting for a call just wait they will definitely ring you back. my cancellation date was 2nd Feb.

CFC1969 wrote: »
    Beauf

Did they ring you, or did you ring them?

What type of deal for BB ?

Got offered of 6 m 1/2 pr on BB/PH ....

Rang them, chat and email. They never ever rang me. They did the last time. They didn't this time.

Best I could get elsewhere is 30 BB only for 12 months. I wouldn't be sure of the quality of connection with other services.

My offer was 44*9 then 59*3. Wouldn't give me any better on BB. best I was offered on TV & BB was 20 off for 3 months. No other others. Paid full price last year, previous year was half price. So I dropped TV and dropped from 109 to 44. I'd have kept TV if it was offered for 50. But it never was. Still 60 is significant saving. Theres 14 days cooling off. I still might try Sky for 30. But I know the speeds will be a lot less then 70mb advertised.

TBH I want to try freetoair for while. We watch very little TV. The Horizon box is just dire. Hopefully next year we'll have 1GB Fibre as an option which is currently 40.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Looking at how bad virgin are getting at giveing out discounts.

I do wonder how they gave me sky sports free for 12 months at times?.

And 45 a month for TV phone and 240 Internet for 9 months

Advertisement