Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW23 Captain?

• 16-01-2019 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭

Can't see too many differentials this weekend.

On Salah (C), Pogba (VC)

Who you on?

GW23 Captain? 126 votes

Salah (CRY)
    62% 79 votes
    Firmino (CRY)
    29% 37 votes
    Pogba (BRI)
    0% 1 vote
    Rashford (BRI)
    1% 2 votes
    Aguero (hud)
    0% 1 vote
    Sane (hud)
    0% 1 vote
    Sterling (hud)
    1% 2 votes
    Aubameyang (CHE)
    1% 2 votes
    Hazard (ars)
    0% 0 votes
    Other (please mention in thread)
    0% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Flyer29

Going over to Anfield on Saturday so I’ll go with Salah to give me something extra to cheer for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Kane - The man is absolutely unstoppable at the moment, so what could possibly go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Kane - The man is absolutely unstoppable at the moment, so what could possibly go wrong.

TAA vc just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Kun - Pogba vc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Considering an almighty punt with lorente

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Salah (AC) (Copy and paste for the next 15 weeks)

Pogba (VC)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pissartist wrote: »

Accurate username

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

May as well triple captain him sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Would it be daft to go Sterling over Salah?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Green&Red wrote: »
    Would it be daft to go Sterling over Salah?

no.

the only worry we always have is Pep roulette. but he and Sane both came off early against Wolves. Surely logic dictates he must start at the weekend again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Sane.. Salah (vc)

Beam me up Scotty.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

SlickRic wrote: »
    no.

the only worry we always have is Pep roulette. but he and Sane both came off early against Wolves. Surely logic dictates he must start at the weekend again.

Sterling played 90 against Wolves

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Sterling played 90 against Wolves

whoops.

i didn't see the game, but i swore that I saw that he had come off.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

SlickRic wrote: »
    whoops.

i didn't see the game, but i swore that I saw that he had come off.

D.Silva off for KDB at 62 mins
    Sane off for Gundogan at 74
    Jesus off for Aguerro at 76

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Was going to be Aguero but with Jesus in contention now. It's a Salah for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Giving it to Salah after finally getting him back in

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've been seriously contemplating giving it to Troy Deeney at home to Burnley. He got a goal and assist in the reverse fixture earlier this season and has a good record against them at Vicarage Road having scored against them in 2017, 2014 and 2013. Also weirdly I had a dream a few days ago where he smashed in a screamer. Was it a sign?!

It's so hard to go against Salah though as all logic screams to go for him. Palace aren't so good away from home, he's in form, he got an assist in the reverse fixture and was a real handful. I'll probably end up going with Salah.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Tempted by Pogba but after his injury scare he might not last the 90. Probably gonna go with Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Dele Ali if I was brave enough

Will probably stick with Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I've been seriously contemplating giving it to Troy Deeney at home to Burnley. He got a goal and assist in the reverse fixture earlier this season and has a good record against them at Vicarage Road having scored against them in 2017, 2014 and 2013. Also weirdly I had a dream a few days ago where he smashed in a screamer. Was it a sign?!

It's so hard to go against Salah though as all logic screams to go for him. Palace aren't so good away from home, he's in form, he got an assist in the reverse fixture and was a real handful. I'll probably end up going with Salah.

Salah is the obvious choice this week, if he clicks and you go deeney who doesn’t, who knows how far you could be behind. Deeney may have been a shout if there was other obvious choices, Kane, Aguero, Sterling, Auba, etc but Salah really stands out. Deeney isn’t worth it this wee IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Salah.

Pogba was under consideration, as was Rashford, but this is a case of not overthinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Go for it!

https://youtu.be/-4YrCFz0Kfc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

I don't have the stones for this so went with Salah to be safe,
    would have liked aguero or sterling who i also have but Pep could ruin a possible good week after the wc

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mo. Sterling vice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Mo (TC) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Mo (TC) :eek:

Sound :cool:

Advertisement