Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do/see in Killarney in Jan

Options
  • 15-01-2019 4:40am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I’m down in Killarney with a good friend for a couple of days. Given that it’s January and the tourism offering is very seasonal, apart from driving the Ring of Kerry what could we see or do whilst we are here?

Any helpful suggestions from the natives most welcome! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Hi there,

I’m down in Killarney with a good friend for a couple of days. Given that it’s January and the tourism offering is very seasonal, apart from driving the Ring of Kerry what could we see or do whilst we are here?

Any helpful suggestions from the natives most welcome! :)

Head out to Mucross house and have a walk around the lovely grounds. I don't know if its open for visitors, but there is also a gift shop and café there.

There's also Torc waterfall, or the Killarney lakes to go and see.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Head out to Mucross house and have a walk around the lovely grounds. I don't know if its open for visitors, but there is also a gift shop and café there.

There's also Torc waterfall, or the Killarney lakes to go and see.

Cheers - we did all that today. :) Torc waterfall, Rosse Castle and Mucross House (fascinating place).

We’ll do the full Ring of Kerry tomorrow. Maybe Dingle on Thurs.

Advertisement