Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Nice.. The Patriot way
    One persons (unthanked) opinion becomes the Patriot way? How nice of you. No surprise to see you've been thanked by another person with a grudge against the Pats.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

One persons (unthanked) opinion becomes the Patriot way? How nice of you. No surprise to see you've been thanked by another person with a grudge against the Pats.

People get very worked up about a few throw away comments ...any excuse to have a pop at the Pats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    People get very worked up about a few throw away comments ...any excuse to have a pop at the Pats.

You wan test a man's knees, you mean you want someone to hurt another human on puirpose. Not nice.

You wan test a man's knees, you mean you want someone to hurt another human on puirpose. Not nice.
    I don't want to see them target anyones knee; but legally hitting him hard and see if he's physically up to the challenge, yeah that's ok.

Bit like in the Chargers thread where someone (who of course thinks one person throwaway comment is the Patriot way) wants to see Bosa and Ingram getting after Brady (and it will be a joy). You can see that as wanting to hurt another human and take joy from it (I guess that now equates to the Chargers way), but I'm guessing that it's a case of wanting to legally hit him and try upset his game; but haven't seen you post about it there.

You're blowing up a nothing comment ... hits are part of the game - i'm not advocating murder, just to go out and give him a good rattle and see how he fares... I take it you've never played sport yourself?

• Advertisement

I don't want to see them target anyones knee; but legally hitting him hard and see if he's physically up to the challenge, yeah that's ok.

Bit like in the Chargers thread where someone (who of course thinks one person throwaway comment is the Patriot way) wants to see Bosa and Ingram getting after Brady (and it will be a joy). You can see that as wanting to hurt another human and take joy from it (I guess that now equates to the Chargers way), but I'm guessing that it's a case of wanting to legally hit him and try upset his game; but haven't seen you post about it there.

The double standards are bizarre ... You might even say, you couldn't make it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Ooo dear.. Very uptight in here.

Says the uptight person to begin it all.
    Deals it out, but can't take it. What's new.

Looks like your knee just buckled.

Says the uptight person to begin it all.
    Deals it out, but can't take it. What's new.

What's new...?

Course I'm uptight.. We've the better team yet everyone beleives the wonderful Tom Brady is going to go 3-0 against Rivers in the playoffs.. Sad times indeed.

• Advertisement

What's new...?

Course I'm uptight.. We've the better team yet everyone beleives the wonderful Tom Brady is going to go 3-0 against Rivers in the playoffs.. Sad times indeed.

Would you stop --- all the commentary (pundits) is that the Chargers win.

You'd be best served logging off the internet for a few days or you might do yourself some harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Would you stop --- all the commentary (pundits) is that the Chargers win.

Where are you seeing all these pundits? Most don't make their picks until the weekend.

All the bookies have Patriots around a 4 point favourite

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Where are you seeing all these pundits? Most don't make their picks until the weekend.

All the bookies have Patriots around a 4 point favourite

On TV - I watch a lot of American tv (youtube) ... all the chatter is that the Chargers win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Temperatures are gonna be well below freezing on Sunday.
    I wonder how the Chargers will react to this.
    I'm sure the pats have been practicing outside all week.

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=42.10;-71.67;8&l=temperature-2m&t=20190113/2100

What's new...?

The Chargers have won in Seattle, at Pittsburgh, at KC and at Baltimore. Those are good wins. We need to be close to our best.

And you clearly haven't been reading the playoff thread, with a number of people picking the Chargers. To call it sad times cause people favor the Pats, after almost 2 decades of ridiculous success, playing with home adv, Bill still scheming things, and with the greatest QB still at the helm? KC had the better team, but still left Foxboro with a L.

The Pats are not the powerhouse they once were, and they've looked very fragile this season, esp on the road. The reason we have optimism is because of the wonderful Tom Brady, even at 41. We're hopeful that he can do enough with Gronk/Edelman looking past their best, with maybe the running backs adding something as well.

The Pats are at home, with a great record there. They have the edge due to that, but I doubt anyone will be greatly surprised if the Chargers win.

And you clearly haven't been reading the playoff thread, with a number of people picking the Chargers. To call it sad times cause people favor the Pats, after almost 2 decades of ridiculous success, playing with home adv, Bill still scheming things, and with the greatest QB still at the helm? KC had the better team, but still left Foxboro with a L.

The Pats are not the powerhouse they once were, and they've looked very fragile this season, esp on the road. The reason we have optimism is because of the wonderful Tom Brady, even at 41. We're hopeful that he can do enough with Gronk/Edelman looking past their best, with maybe the running backs adding something as well.

The Pats are at home, with a great record there. They have the edge due to that, but I doubt anyone will be greatly surprised if the Chargers win.

I'm being sarcastic...I wish you the best of luck.. Just not enough luck.. Enjoy the game.

On a side note, can any of you lads find a weather report that predicts snow?

I'm being sarcastic...I wish you the best of luck.. Just not enough luck.. Enjoy the game.
    Then I may need to work on my sarcasm detector, cause you said you were uptight cause despite you believing that you're the better team, everyone else is picking the Pats. I don't see the sarcasm :confused:

It sucked last year to lose the SB, but seeing a team win it for the first time (cause I remember ours) eased some of the pain. The same would apply to the Chargers, esp as I still think of them as the SD Chargers (and San Diego is one of the best places I've ever visited). So I also wish you luck, if ye win, on a successful run.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,859 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

On a side note, can any of you lads find a weather report that predicts snow?

Snow expected today in Foxboro and most of Mass. If you ever lived there you'd know that it's not very often that you get snow for only one day. The weather is going to be cold enough for snow all weekend and it's very likely that it happens even though it's only predicted to be cloudy on Sunday at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

1. If it snows I fancy our chances a lot more.

2. We haven't lost in Foxboro all season, while the Chargers haven't lost outside of LA.

This is one of those few games (in any sport) where I just can't call the winner. The Chargers have, easily, the better team, but the Patriots have Beilicheck, Brady, Foxboro and a bye week.
    I fancied the Chargers earlier in the week, but the more I hear of this weather forecast the more I like the Patriots for the win. Really excited for it, roll on Sunday.

I have this feeling that we are going to shock everybody and win the whole thing this year.
    We've complained about every part of this team at some stage this season from the receivers and Brady to the OL and the DL and at one stage the secondary. Each of these parts of the team seem to have had downtime and you'd have to wonder in hindsight if this was maybe purposeful in an attempt to get us to the postseason in good shape.

There is no doubt that we haven't looked like Superbowl winners this season but we are still the no.2 seeds in the AFC coming off a bye week to face a team who had a rough game in Baltimore last weekend.

I just have this feeling in my gut that we are going to see a Patriots team looking like what we expected to see in the regular season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

But that's making the assumption that Brady is human?

---

Ye are going to win on Sunday because that, depressingly and inevitably is the Patriots way.

As the man says above, why are you getting so uptight with a noob launching in here making comments.

That might be the Patriots' Way...

The man who wanted them to target a players knee is backtracking like politican. Is hilarious.

The man who wanted them to target a players knee is backtracking like politican. Is hilarious.

Test his knees .... 'test'

If you think it's not going to happen then I think you haven't been watching football very long.

eagle eye wrote: »
    If you think it's not going to happen then I think you haven't been watching football very long.

That has nothing to do with what I say. Haha.

Going into arrowhead untested is going to be tough. Shame yesterday's game wasn't tougher but not the Pat's fault they had to play against garbage - you can only beat what's put in front of you.... Big ask to win on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Game was over by halftime. Delighted with the W.
    I'm at unprecedented levels of concern against the chiefs. I've never been as doubtful of NE facing KC, or of NE in the championship game before! It will be a close one, don't think we'll see a repeat of the regular season shootout but am hoping for an NE win!

I love all the doubt surrounding the team because it's pumping Brady up and in turn he is pumping the rest of the team up with this stuff.

I have been saying for a while that I have this feeling we are going to win it all this season. I think we've seen every part of the team not look good at some stage and I just have this feeling that it's been planned to have a certain section on downtime for a couple of weeks.

I predicted we would see a big performance on Sunday and we did. I'm predicting we are going into Kansas and whooping the Chiefs.

Don't forget how good Belichick is at seeing the flaws in the opposition and putting a plan together to use that weakness to win games. Mahomes for me isn't very good when the pocket breaks down. Against other teams he has gotten away with a lot of things rolling out of the pocket. Belichick will analyse everything, he will see what way he normally goes when he rolls out of the pocket and he'll have somebody told to get there as fast as possible in order to at least rush or pressure his pass.

Our defense looked like a serious playoff defense for the first time this season yesterday. I don't think it's an accident that everything came together on both sides of the ball in the playoffs.

I'm looking forward and confident at this point. I realise how good the Chiefs have looked and that we only beat them by three points in Gillette. Thing is you have to ask yourself who got the most out of that game and I say to you that it was Bill Belichick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,887 ✭✭✭Christy42

I think a strength of Mahomes is that you have someone watching for the rollout. It frees up receivers or slows down the rush. Given teams have been playing against Wilson and the like for a few years I reckon they have tried it. Generally he seems to side arm it to the open man when they go to close him down.

The offense will have to put up another good performance. The holes are there in the Chiefs defense but Mahomes will punish you if you don't take full advantage.

• Advertisement

Christy42 wrote: »
    I think a strength of Mahomes is that you have someone watching for the rollout. It frees up receivers or slows down the rush. Given teams have been playing against Wilson and the like for a few years I reckon they have tried it. Generally he seems to side arm it to the open man when they go to close him down.

The offense will have to put up another good performance. The holes are there in the Chiefs defense but Mahomes will punish you if you don't take full advantage.
    You talk about the strength of Mahomes, Belichick will find the weaknesses and prey on them.

Advertisement