Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving licence wait time

Options
  • 03-01-2019 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. I’ll keep this one brief:

Family member passed his theory test at the beginning of December. Got his eyesight report form off the opticians the same day, and submitted the lot at the NDLS centre. After a week they sent back the application because of some issue with the eyesight form, they didn’t specify what, just that it was missing/incorrect.

He got a new one done somewhere else, and sent that in. Hasn’t heard a thing since.

Earlier today he called up only to be told that even though all documents are now present and correct, because there was a discrepancy during the application process, the 6-8 working days time doesn’t apply and it could take up to a month.

Seems a bit odd. Anybody got any experience/shed more light on the situation?

He’s been given driving lesson gift vouchers for Christmas so naturally he’s anxious to get going.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Moved to Learning to Drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Hi guys. I’ll keep this one brief:

Family member passed his theory test at the beginning of December. Got his eyesight report form off the opticians the same day, and submitted the lot at the NDLS centre. After a week they sent back the application because of some issue with the eyesight form, they didn’t specify what, just that it was missing/incorrect.

He got a new one done somewhere else, and sent that in. Hasn’t heard a thing since.

Earlier today he called up only to be told that even though all documents are now present and correct, because there was a discrepancy during the application process, the 6-8 working days time doesn’t apply and it could take up to a month.

Seems a bit odd. Anybody got any experience/shed more light on the situation?

He’s been given driving lesson gift vouchers for Christmas so naturally he’s anxious to get going.

Was only with the NDLS earlier this week, the waiting time is 7-10 days to receive licence/permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Was only with the NDLS earlier this week, the waiting time is 7-10 days to receive licence/permit.

I got mine in 5 working days, depends on the week and the postal service, might be a slight surge after Christmas with the processing of new licenses.

I got mine in 5 working days, depends on the week and the postal service, might be a slight surge after Christmas with the processing of new licenses.

Was the 5 working days including or excluding the day you were in the NDLS? Tomorrow is the 5th working day since i was there if i include the day of visit itself.

Did you get a text from them to say it was on its way?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Was the 5 working days including or excluding the day you were in the NDLS? Tomorrow is the 5th working day since i was there if i include the day of visit itself.

Did you get a text from them to say it was on its way?

Not including the day I was in there. I was in there early that morning, but it was 5 working days afterwards before I got it in the post.

I got a text saying my license was dispatched and would arrive in 3 - 5 business days. That was 2 days before I got it.

• Advertisement

Not including the day I was in there. I was in there early that morning, but it was 5 working days afterwards before I got it in the post.

I got a text saying my license was dispatched and would arrive in 3 - 5 business days. That was 2 days before I got it.

Hopefully i'll get the text tomorrow then, it was early last Tuesday morning i was in there, the lady who processed my application had several envelopes in front of her with applications already, so i can only imagine how many they have to process on a daily basis.

I got mine in 6 working days, not including the day I applied.

Just got the text from the NDLS to say the licence has been dispatched, should be with me in 3-5 business days.

Advertisement