Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Wolf Game Thread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Boromir – The Cursed. Should Boromir be targeted for a kill by Team Saruman or a conversion by Sauron, he will either become a wolf or a Nazgul.

If Team Sauron try to convert Boromir to their cult, he will be fully converted instead

If Team Saruman try to kill him, he will be converted to their team instead

Rule 9 states that conversions will not be announced on-thread, but that seems to apply specifically to the Cult, right? So we might be notified if he's converted to Team Saruman

(Why oh why did JRR have to give the two main baddies such similar names?)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Eva WW wrote: »

Try reading the Silmarillion and dealing with: Finwe, Feanor, Findis, Fingolfin, Finarfin, Finrod, and Finduilas. That was fun.

Greetings!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    So this conversion mechanic.

Each evening a player is marked as a cult member, but they don't know it and it only becomes apparent when cult members outnumber other teams? Have I got that right? How is such a mechanic combated?

The cult win if all players are converted or if the wolf team and sk are dead and the cult conversions gain party with the village

The only way to combat is is to kill the recruiters it looks like

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Can anyone on Sauron's team convert, or just Sauron himself? ie, if we kill him do we stop more conversions? What happens if Sauron, the WK and Nazgul are dead, do anyone who was converted return to their old team for parity purposes?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

So this conversion mechanic.

Each evening a player is marked as a cult member, but they don't know it and it only becomes apparent when cult members outnumber other teams? Have I got that right? How is such a mechanic combated?

I'm not sure it can be, really? At least, not purposefully.

The counter mechanic is likely the fact said cult members can still be killed off (via munch and lynch and whatever else is thrown at us), plus it's only 1 a night. So presuming no one who is "converted" is killed, it's still going to take a while for the number balance to switch, right?

• Advertisement

10 Rolled Goodies

Sauron and the Witch King

Saruman

The Balrog

That leaves us with 11 unknowns, spread out between Uruk-Hai and unnamed villagers

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

If Team Sauron try to convert Boromir to their cult, he will be fully converted instead

If Team Saruman try to kill him, he will be converted to their team instead

Rule 9 states that conversions will not be announced on-thread, but that seems to apply specifically to the Cult, right? So we might be notified if he's converted to Team Saruman

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werewolf_(Middle-earth)

Is a Nazgul the same as a cult member or something different?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Rules make it sound like nazgul are sleepers. Not all converts become nazgul?

Desmond WW wrote: »

Sauron creates the Wolves so they must know they are created and they will be part of the wolf pack.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

So there are two different types of converts and at a guess only the Nazgul will know they were converted and hopefully without a cult leader to follow those that don't know should revert back to being villagers.

As he isn't in the OP I am totally expecting Gollum to show up and start asking riddles at some stage.

Sauron creates the Wolves so they must know they are created and they will be part of the wolf pack.

No, they don't

9. Cult Rules: Sauron’s convert at night does not change any powers a player may or may not have, they will continue as the same alignment and will not be informed of the conversion, unless they become a Nazgul. Night time conversions will not be announced on thread.

My reading is that Nazgul's are full converts to Team Sauron, the wolf mentioned in relation to Boromir would be a full conversion to Team Saruman, and all other conversions are cult ones to Team Sauron

Mary WW wrote: »
    As he isn't in the OP I am totally expecting Gollum to show up and start asking riddles at some stage.

Gives us that, Mary me love - it's me birfday!

rs_600x600-130816115432-600.seyfried.ls.81513_copy.jpg

No, they don't

9. Cult Rules: Sauron’s convert at night does not change any powers a player may or may not have, they will continue as the same alignment and will not be informed of the conversion, unless they become a Nazgul. Night time conversions will not be announced on thread.

My reading is that Nazgul's are full converts to Team Sauron, the wolf mentioned in relation to Boromir would be a full conversion to Team Saruman, and all other conversions are cult ones to Team Sauron

So how would the ring go to team Sauron?

If Sauron finds Frodo - the only other character where Nazgul get a mention, I think.

Yeah, I missed that Frodo could become a Nazgul as well. So Frodo and Boromir would become full conversions, while all others would be cult conversions, unaware of their status

IMO

their search has already begun

DeafeningExaltedBubblefish-size_restricted.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Middle Earth is nice time of year, been looking forward to this for a while.

So there's Nazguls which are full converts who are presumably aware of their status and then converts who are in effect sleepers who don't know they are converts?

The levels of paranoia should be interesting with that in place especially with no announcements of conversions :(

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Yeah, I missed that Frodo could become a Nazgul as well. So Frodo and Boromir would become full conversions, while all others would be cult conversions, unaware of their status

This makes the most logical sense to me

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

Gonna be hard going with two kills and active conversions in play. Boromir looks like an especially big liability.

Gonna be hard going with two kills and active conversions in play. Boromir looks like an especially big liability.

It's potentally more than two kills a day, right?

You've got...
    Sauruman gets 1 kill a day (munch)
    Balrog gets a kill each day (at any time)
    Sauron gets a potential kill via his poison each day
    Also gets an extra kill if they get the Ring.
    AND a conversion attempt each day.

So that's two guaranteed kills a day, one possible kill and a forth possible kill as the game goes on.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    It's potentally more than two kills a day, right?

You've got...
    Sauruman gets 1 kill a day (munch)
    Balrog gets a kill each day (at any time)
    Sauron gets a potential kill via his poison each day
    Also gets an extra kill if they get the Ring.
    AND a conversion attempt each day.

So that's two guaranteed kills a day, one possible kill and a forth possible kill as the game goes on.

Seems quite excessive given its only 25 players, hopefully the good side have some hidden roles

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Seems quite excessive given its only 25 players, hopefully the good side have some hidden roles

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

giphy.gif

liketony.PNG?mtime=20170320185202

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Afternoon all, pretty straight forward op.

Vernon WW wrote: »

Throw in Legolas shooting someone everyday too hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

If Sauron finds Frodo - the only other character where Nazgul get a mention, I think.
    Clodagh WW wrote: »
    This makes the most logical sense to me

So, if i am following this line of thought, Sauron has a power to be able to find Frodo, maybe gets to use it one a day, like Romeo trying to find his Juliet, but I don't think Frodo is actively looking for Sauron, so only one half of the Romeo/Juliet mechanic, but if Frodo uses the ring, it makes it easier for Sauron to find him, probably gets extra search attempts.

Advertisement