Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Enterprise film

Options
  • 07-01-2019 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,562 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

So I seen this recently that with everything else CBS is doing maybe there might be an Enterprise film in the works too.
    Who here would be interested in it?

I think if they done it sometime between ''Terra Prime'' and ''These Are the Voyages'' maybe during the Romulan war as this is what we all really wanted to see and maybe with the refitted NX-01 in it too and it could be a straight to Netfliks, TV movie if it would be to costly to go to the cinema or the demand for it would not be there for it in cinema's

If it was good enough maybe they could get two or three films out of it.

I wonder would all the actors be up for it?

Would love to see it happen as Enterprise never got the ending it deserved.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Muckka

For some strange reason the old startrek is popping up on my YouTube feed a lot lately....

I'd love to see an enterprise movie, but you can't beat the fashion and hair designer of the first startrek.

Those women with the 60's hairdos and modette look was very tidy.....

If only I had a time machine...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

If the actors were up for it, and they had a meaningful story to tell, I'd be ok with it. No faffing about with time travel, parallel universes, and so forth...the Enterprise crew (with Trip back, because he didn't die in the opening scripts for season 5), on the NX-01, with a decent story...I'd be ok with that as a Netflix jobbie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Love to see it happen. Actually must start to watch the series back one of these days soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

AMKC wrote: »
    So I seen this recently that with everything else CBS is doing maybe there might be an Enterprise film in the works too.
    what you basis for saying this?

what you basis for saying this?

I read it as just them wondering if there might be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

I dunno, Enterprise did improve on quality massively in the fourth season, and I thought the final episode was a cop out, but I'd go for a DS9 film before an Enterprise film. The return of The Sisko, Captain Nog, Ambassador Worf, more Garak! It'll never happen, and it would never have mass appeal outside DS9 fans, but it would be great to see the Defiant in HD on the big screen with the station in the background!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,562 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I dunno, Enterprise did improve on quality massively in the fourth season, and I thought the final episode was a cop out, but I'd go for a DS9 film before an Enterprise film. The return of The Sisko, Captain Nog, Ambassador Worf, more Garak! It'll never happen, and it would never have mass appeal outside DS9 fans, but it would be great to see the Defiant in HD on the big screen with the station in the background!

I thought the final episode was a cop out.

Tell me about it. I was so disappointing when it aired and it was only an hour long and the way it had been done. I remember all the hype and being excited about it. I was like there must be another episode but no that was it. I watched it again recently and while some parts of it are good for first 20 to 30 minutes its just a TNG episode. If they had of showed us the holodeck at the end with Riker walking out of it then it might have been ok. I think the writers . producers and maybe the director all maybe had a bigger idea maybe to do two or three episodes but in the end they just tried to cram too much into one episode and thought that maybe it would work this way.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

One main stumbling block is that bar Scott Bakula & Conor Trinnear, none of the cast have had any meaningful acting career. And there's a very simple reason for that; they were all bloody terrible. The idea of Ensign Mayweather - whose actor I'm still convinced to this day was simply a shop mannequin someone left on set as a joke - on the silver screen, is a bit ridiculous to imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 60,290 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

John Billingsley is a very fine actor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

DS9 all the way. If I had to choose

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

I wouldn't say no to it, but it'd need to be pretty low budget- I don't see it finding a wide audience.

Don't see it happening, tbh.

reading AMKC saying
    "there might be an Enterprise film in the works too" led to me to believe "there might be an Enterprise film in the works too".

reading AMKC saying
    "there might be an Enterprise film in the works too" led to me to believe "there might be an Enterprise film in the works too".

Maybe. You left off the word maybe.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Maybe. You left off the word maybe.
    might and maybe basically mean the same thing don't they

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'd watch it. Give that series that send off it deserved. Not the crap that we got instead.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

A Tv movie or mini-series sure. But a theatrical release? When pigs fly.

The likes of Chris Pine, Karl Urban, Zoe Saldana, and Leonard Nimoy HIMSELF couldn't give the studio the type of financial return they wanted. It's why the next Star Trek film is still up in the air.

If they known quantities and stars like them couldn't do it, can you honestly seeing any execs greenlighting this?? The cast of Enterprise and DS9 wouldn't have a hope. Most of them are ancient and haven't worked in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I don’t think it’s worth doing if I’m honest. I think they’ve reimagined Star Trek now with Discovery and if they want to bring Jolene Blalock back as T’Pol (she’d still be alive right?) then that’d be a cool link but otherwise I don’t see it happening.

Edit... just read she’d be around 160 at the time of Discovery so even by Vulcan standards she’d be older than her real life age. She also isn’t interested in Trek anymore apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Netflix movie possibly (And even that is a reach). Cinema movie? Not a chance. It was the blandest of the series by a long shot: As much as I disliked Voyager, at least it generated an interest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Time was I'd have suggested the likeliest path would be a fan film, getting some of the original cast to come back; but from what I understand of the whole 'Axanar' debacle, there's probably little chance of that happening anymore to any great degree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Acosta

Worf can't of lasted too long as an ambassador as he was back in the Enterprise E as security chief for Nemesis. Didn't even get the first officer gig after Riker finally took up his own command.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Evade

Acosta wrote: »
    Worf can't of lasted too long as an ambassador as he was back in the Enterprise E as security chief for Nemesis. Didn't even get the first officer gig after Riker finally took up his own command.
    Because of the events in Change of Heart where Worf rescued Dax instead of completing his mission of extracting a Cardassian defector Worf's rank is most likely the highest he'll ever attain in Starfleet.

It seems unlikely there'll be an proper conclusion to Enterprise but than again CBS All Access have a lot of time to fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭eskerman

Its a bit like the old Mission Impossible TV programs with the original cast - and whilst I think Tom Cruse did a great job on all the modern Mission Impossible films - there is something about the early 1970s episodes that have appeal. Star Trek original versions have the same appeal IMO

Ms

pixelburp wrote: »
    Time was I'd have suggested the likeliest path would be a fan film, getting some of the original cast to come back; but from what I understand of the whole 'Axanar' debacle, there's probably little chance of that happening anymore to any great degree.

I am sure I seen something about that been back on. It was on facebook do so could be fake. Its a pity it looked great.
    GSPfan wrote: »
    I don’t think it’s worth doing if I’m honest. I think they’ve reimagined Star Trek now with Discovery and if they want to bring Jolene Blalock back as T’Pol (she’d still be alive right?) then that’d be a cool link but otherwise I don’t see it happening.

Edit... just read she’d be around 160 at the time of Discovery so even by Vulcan standards she’d be older than her real life age. She also isn’t interested in Trek anymore apparently.

if they want to bring Jolene Blalock back as T’Pol (she’d still be alive right?) then that’d be a cool link but otherwise I don’t see it happening.

That would be a good way to link them alright. They could get someone else to play T'Pol if she is not interested if they ever decide to do that. 160 is young for a Vulcan sure wasn't Tuvok around that age. Vulcans can live twice as long as humans.
    Netflix movie possibly (And even that is a reach). Cinema movie? Not a chance. It was the blandest of the series by a long shot: As much as I disliked Voyager, at least it generated an interest.

I agree the way Archer was done was terrible. Such a pity as he could have been done better and with get a glimpse of the Captain Archer we should have got from season 4 on. I agree it was the blandest series but at least it was in the Prime Universe and we got proper Star Trek ships and none of this silly magic stuff that's in Discovery.
    Acosta wrote: »

Sure he got to command the Defiant.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I am sure I seen something about that been back on. It was on facebook do so could be fake. Its a pity it looked great.

It looked great, shame it was that help from tradespeople that sunk the production & opened the whole, sorry can of worms in the first place. Such a bungled farce from both sides of the fence IMO, and ultimately hurt the Trek community.

Ms

pixelburp wrote: »
    It looked great, shame it was that help from tradespeople that sunk the production & opened the whole, sorry can of worms in the first place. Such a bungled farce from both sides of the fence IMO, and ultimately hurt the Trek community.

I agree it was a shame and agree that it did not help there either.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement