Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STI Clinic Waterford

Options
  • 10-01-2019 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    I'm new to Boards so forgive me if I make a mistake/am not posting correctly.

I'm looking ot know what people's experience has been like accessing the STI services in Waterford.

I'm a freelance journalist looking to wrote an article promotong sexual health. I have heard one or two of my peers describe their experience of attending the clinic in UHW as "uncomfortable" or "unprofessional" and express a desire not to go back.

Has anyone had the same kind of experience? Or did you even know that there was an STI clinic here with free testing available?
    Mank Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭jimbojazz

Best of luck with this

All I do know is that the dental clinic and the STI clinic are or were located near each other, make what you want of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I would expect a journalist to proof read his post ...... but apparently not .... or at least make corrections after posting.

No, I had no idea there was a free sti clinic in UHW ...... but then I never had need for the information so never sought it out!
    Hi all,

I'm looking ot know what people's experience has been like accessing the STI services in Waterford.

I'm a freelance journalist looking to wrote an article promotong sexual health. I have heard one or two of my peers describe their experience of attending the clinic in UHW as "uncomfortable" or "unprofessional" and express a desire not to go back.

Has anyone had the same kind of experience? Or did you even know that there was an STI clinic here with free testing available?
    Mank Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Iv gone out there and iv never had any bad experience out there. Staff have always been really nice and professional. As mentioned above it is beside the dentist which is a strange place for it :D

Id encourage anybody to use the service if they happen to have random casual sex with a stranger. Better to be safe then sorry. No excuses especially when it is free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

alta stare wrote: »
    Iv gone out there and iv never had any bad experience out there. Staff have always been really nice and professional. As mentioned above it is beside the dentist which is a strange place for it :D

Id encourage anybody to use the service if they happen to have random casual sex with a stranger. Better to be safe then sorry. No excuses especially when it is free.

A visit to the dentist might also be needed after riding some of the ones around the town!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

A visit to the dentist might also be needed after riding some of the ones around the town!

Or a therapist :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

This "journo" has posted the same question in the Womens health thread, but they didn't meantion being a "freelance journalist " in that thread, just that they are writing about sexual health ...... :/ ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dk1982

Hi all,

Mank Thanks

you'll be fine chief. Just go and get yourself sorted, no need to be embarrassed about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Just tell em you were hoovering naked when you accidentally fell and landed in a hooker.

They'll have you back in the saddle in no time hoss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Completely dodgy, me thinks someones wife is fishing!!! ha ha

Advertisement