Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orlando run routes

Options
  • 09-01-2019 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭

Long shot, obviously.

Anyone here know of some nice routes to run in the vicinity of Universal? Any tips at all would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

You could try searching map my run for some routes.
    I found a huge convention centre (Orange County centre) close to our hotel which had loads of paths around it with plenty of shade, from google it's about 6 mile away from Universal studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

Where are you staying? There's a pedestrian path along the lake which goes from Volcano Bay to Universal studios which was great for running. Its not very long though, maybe 2km so I did a few loops. I also ran along Hollywood way and Turkey lake road which have nice wide paths but not very scenic.
    Enjoy, it's an amazing place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

On the off chance you're there on 18th January, there's a race on at Kennedy space centre! The Space Race! I think Singer did it last year. https://runsignup.com/Race/FL/KennedySpaceCenter/SpaceRace2Mile4Miler

• Registered Users Posts: 10,426 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

How could a place called Turkey Lake Road not be scenic?

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

chickey2 wrote: »
    Where are you staying? There's a pedestrian path along the lake which goes from Volcano Bay to Universal studios which was great for running. Its not very long though, maybe 2km so I did a few loops. I also ran along Hollywood way and Turkey lake road which have nice wide paths but not very scenic.
    Enjoy, it's an amazing place!

We're in that vicinity, according to Google Maps :D
    chickey2 wrote: »
    On the off chance you're there on 18th January, there's a race on at Kennedy space centre! The Space Race! I think Singer did it last year. https://runsignup.com/Race/FL/KennedySpaceCenter/SpaceRace2Mile4Miler

Just miss that one, unfortunately. I remember reading Singer's report. Pity, might have been a bit of craic.
    Murph_D wrote: »
    How could a place called Turkey Lake Road not be scenic?

Enjoy!

Looking forward to it! Warm weather training camp coming soon #CanWWNailTheNats :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement