Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whats a good 2-battery mod?

Options
  • 09-01-2019 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭

Have a Cuboid Joytech 150w, and a Nautilus 2. For whatever reason, today I got an "atomizer short", which is annoying. Has happened before, with the Nautilus 1 after a few months of usage. Have been using the Nautilus 2 for about 3 months.

Because of this, looking for a two (18650) battery mod. I need to be able to replace the batteries on the go, as I'm not always near a charging point.

Any recommendations? Would like it to have a 510 fit, as that's what all my other fittings are. Have a one-battery mod, but find i prefer a 2-battery mod.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

There's tonnes of very good dual batt mods out there these days, hard to narrow it down specifically. I had the Smoant Cylon for over a year before I had any issues with it, it's a bit on the large side - about the same as your Cuboid. I have the Smok Alien for 2 years, and it's still working away, the latest dual batt mod I got was the Smok Species - basically the follow up to the Alien. Very nice, tidy little mod, very comfy to hold and use, god battery life and a simple touch screen menu. Not sure where you can get it over here but loads of UK vendors sell either the mod alone or the kit that includes a sub ohm tank. If the Nautilus is more you're thing I'd suggest the mod alone.

https://vaping101.co.uk/products/smok-species-230w-touch-screen-box-mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

I got the Innokin Proton recently and am very happy with it so far. I don't have much to compare it with though as it is my first two battery mod.

Just to add I was using the Nautilus 2 before this. I found through the coils didn't last very long (I think this may be down to the juice I use being very thick) coupled with the messy refill method for the tank it was all a bit of a nightmare. I did really like the MTL vape though and still use it at times.

I have though been using the Scion II which came with the kit a lot and am enjoying the vape after I got it set up to how I like it. It came with two different coils of which I much preferred the Four Core coil. They last forever. I am still getting great flavour after well over a month and the top fill is much better. It does eat juice though.

Here is a review of the kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

the_syco wrote: »
    Have a Cuboid Joytech 150w, and a Nautilus 2. For whatever reason, today I got an "atomizer short", which is annoying. Has happened before, with the Nautilus 1 after a few months of usage. Have been using the Nautilus 2 for about 3 months.

Because of this, looking for a two (18650) battery mod. I need to be able to replace the batteries on the go, as I'm not always near a charging point.

Any recommendations? Would like it to have a 510 fit, as that's what all my other fittings are. Have a one-battery mod, but find i prefer a 2-battery mod.

Voo poo drag is a great mod it's a little bit heavy but very sturdy and has a great chipset.

Tickityboo wrote: »
    Voo poo drag is a great mod it's a little bit heavy but very sturdy and has a great chipset.

Nt the greatest time to be buying Voopoo, they're in the s**t yet again after their latest balls up. Check out Vaping with Vic's video from last week on it, and Vapingwithtwisted420 put one up yesterday over the Ben Phillips fiasco.

Their mods however, are fine, they're just not very popular right now

My missus has the Proton, she does like it but the paint is peeling like mad from hers and it's a bit rattly. The reviewers don't show this as they of course do not use the one mod 24/7, Mike Vapes hails it as mod of last year and is often showing off his still near perfect one. But that guy has a different mod in hand every 2 minutes. She may well have just gotten one from a bad batch - this happened me on the original Alien I got, the paint started peeling after just a couple weeks, I sent it back and the replacement still has not peeled 2 year later.

• Advertisement

My missus has the Proton, she does like it but the paint is peeling like mad from hers and it's a bit rattly. The reviewers don't show this as they of course do not use the one mod 24/7, Mike Vapes hails it as mod of last year and is often showing off his still near perfect one. But that guy has a different mod in hand every 2 minutes. She may well have just gotten one from a bad batch - this happened me on the original Alien I got, the paint started peeling after just a couple weeks, I sent it back and the replacement still has not peeled 2 year later.

How long when this started happening? I am using it every day for two months and it still looks pristine without any rattling issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Eleaf Invoke. They are the smallest dual battery mod going. Light too and just works. I've had one for about a year and never skipped a beat. I use it for MTL vaping and batteries easily last day+. Does TC and all that but I just use it wattage mode. The onboard charging runs at 2amps as well which is a plus. Coincidentally, I just took delivery this morning of a 2nd one from fasttech. Relatively cheap.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9381503

Highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

TinCool wrote: »
    Eleaf Invoke. They are the smallest dual battery mod going. Light too and just works. I've had one for about a year and never skipped a beat. I use it for MTL vaping and batteries easily last day+. Does TC and all that but I just use it wattage mode. The onboard charging runs at 2amps as well which is a plus. Coincidentally, I just took delivery this morning of a 2nd one from fasttech. Relatively cheap.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9381503

Highly recommend it.

+1 on the Invoke.

It has been hugely successful and I really hope they make a new slightly higher end version. Similar to what they did with the Pico resin etc.

How long when this started happening? I am using it every day for two months and it still looks pristine without any rattling issues.

She didn't have it very long before it began. The mod itself is still working away perfectly and the screen is still minty, the rattle was there from the off and the peeling started maybe after a few weeks.

I do believe there is a lot of inconsistency regarding QC from many of these companies. I've had more than a few mods over the years fall apart in some way or other after a very short time. I think it's the first run of them that are more prone to defects. I remember the Eleaf iStick 50w just came out and I'd been waiting - screen failed completely after less than 2 weeks - replacement was fine. Similar with the Smok Alien, got it just after it came on the scene, paint started to peel - also rattly fire bar - after just a couple of weeks, again, replacement was fine - in fact I still use it as a spare, only issue is the battery door needs some duct tape on to keep it shut :D The paint near just fell of the IPVmini2 I had a few years back, Smoant Battlestar had an iffy battery connector on one side and would only work with one set of batteries I owned etc ... many more over time that had issues. At least if it happens in the first month you have a good shot at a replacement, beyond that vendors tend to try put the blame on you

Advertisement