Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A/R Awards 2018 - Results

Options
  • 04-01-2019 10:03pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello folks and Happy 2019. The votes have been...ummm...counted.

Thanks for your nominations and votes and onwards to 2019.

Most improved Boardsie
    With 18 votes Skyblue46 the winner by 6 votes

A/R Awards Post of the Year 2018
    With only 3 votes between Oonegatives opening post in the Mental health thread and Singer's fake Kipchoge post/elk1984's Berlin race report

00negative takes it with 19 votes

A/R Poster of the year
    Testosterscone and Skyblue46 caught in a tie with 18 votes each.

Performance of the Year: Road/Trail/Mountains/Ultra
    Zico takes this one for his superb Dublin marathon performance (17 votes)

A/R Performance of the Year: Track & Field & XC 2018
    Only two nominees for this, possibly time to merge these two back together but Duanington takes this one for his super impressive Senior XC performance

A/R Race of the Year
    Given so many Boardsies run it, hardly surprising DCM always gets nominated and piles in the votes, the winner this year with 14 votes, Donadea 50K impressively as still a relatively small even in comparison, ran it close and held the lead for most of the voting.

A/R Training Log of the Year 2018
    No contest in this one (soz everyone else :P ) Swashbuckler - The day that never comes the hands down winner with 19 of the 38 votes.

A/R Race Report of the Year 2018
    The closest run contest of the lot, Applegirl26 wins by 2 votes with 15 votes, MurphD a close second with 13 votes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Cheers again RQ for taking the time out to do this & huge thanks for the win on Post of the Year folks. First time I think to win any of these awards in my time on A/R.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Thanks again RQ, and well done everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Duanington

ah Jaysus - didn't expect to see this but fair play to everyone. Thanks for organising RQ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Sweet Jesus that's a surprise! If I was to pick an award I might have won/shared it wouldn't have been either of those. Some more deserving folk missed out. Thanks to RQ for organising and to everyone who voted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Well done all - some superb stuff in there, and thanks RQ for organizing this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Cheers RQ for organizing this. And thanks everyone for the nominations. Humbled.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Bah. Foiled again! ;)

Congrats to the winners.

What happened to Thread of the Year? Seems odd for an old-school BBS site to drop a basic category like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 elk1984

I guess I'll have to run sub-2 next year so :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Thanks for organising, RQ and thanks to everybody who voted for me. It's a nice endorsement for a dark sider. I'm afraid it's back to triathlon for me next year, so you can't have the award back until 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Applegirl26

Gosh, wow... I didn't even know about these awards. I am truly humbled.
    Thank you so much and well done to everyone nominated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

A/R Poster of the year
    Testosterscone and Skyblue46 caught in a tie with 18 votes each.

Knew I shouldn't have voted for you P :P

Fair play to everyone this year. definitely one of the better ones in recent memory and great to see the new guard making the place there own and really driving things forward/

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Rocky Seven

Damn u Dcm...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Damn u Dcm...

You beat DCM one year. Was half tempted to ban DCM from being nominated as it's up there every year (but so is Donadea).

You beat DCM one year. Was half tempted to ban DCM from being nominated as it's up there every year (but so is Donadea).

Sure why don’t we ban the Dubs from the All Ireland while we’re at it. ;)

Advertisement