Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video gamers association

Options
  • 07-01-2019 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there any association set up for video gamers in Ireland, one that organises events, sells merchandise etc. I looked online and I see there is any association for video game developers, and another for card games and dungeons and dragons etc, but is there one for video gamers specifically? Couldn't see any reference to one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Why would video gamers (consumers) need an association? :confused:

Yeah it's called boards.ie gaming forum :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Why would video gamers (consumers) need an association? :confused:

It's called a hobby, many people with a common interest form them

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Yeah it's called boards.ie gaming forum :-p

I just find it interesting if there isn't one, I thought there may be seeing as competitive or even professional gaming is now a big thing.

By the way I'm just a casual gamer I'm not trying to set one up lads!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There's a pretty solid Fighting Games community that's sprung up out of Boards and they have weekly events and have their major event as a part of the various pro-tours - http://celticthrowdown.com/

The country is a bit too small to have much else - there's no real LAN support for games anymore anyway from a PC pov and the only other majorly competitive game that doesn't seem to be represented is FIFA - I can't for the life of me understand why it doesn't have a similar scene to the fighting game guys (or maybe it does and I'm completely oblivious, but I'd like to think I'd have heard of it if it was a thing).

• Advertisement
Advertisement