Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Brilliant Friend (HBO / Sky Atlantic)

• 05-12-2018 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭

its a long time since i have watched anything as good and original as this on tv. the scenery is spectacular and the acting superb. just makes me want to go to Ischia Island (which i never heard of before). and season 2 has been confirmed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I was surprised there wasn't a thread on this when I went looking recently. Hadn't realised it was already out until I stumbled across a few reviews.

Everyone seems to be very impressed with the adaptation which says a lot as the books are held in such high regard.

Really looking forward to it.

Edit: adding HBO / Sky Atlantic to the title will get the thread a bit more traffic too I'd say :) I'm surprised with the lack of buzz around this release given the acclaim of the source material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Watched the first 5 episodes last weekend. Excellent stuff. Wish I had all the episodes available. Think I read to that a 2nd season commissioned already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭cozar

2 more episodes next Monday and Tuesday night and that's the end of it for the moment.

Wasn't mad about the ending. Felt like a mid season episode ending.

The composer is the same person who did The leftovers. It occurred to me during the episode it sounded familiar and looked it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Unearthly wrote: »
    Wasn't mad about the ending. Felt like a mid season episode ending.

The composer is the same person who did The leftovers. It occurred to me during the episode it sounded familiar and looked it up.

The second book starts at the wedding so that’s why it felt mid season. I loved, loved, loved every minute of this. Second book is good but not as good as the first. TV series was excellent.

• Advertisement

S2 starting next Friday sky atlantic��

Great news :)

Wonderful season 2. Binged it over 2 days. Between this and Gomorrah I'm really impressed with the standard of Italian tv

Wonderful season 2. Binged it over 2 days. Between this and Gomorrah I'm really impressed with the standard of Italian tv

Agree two of my favorite series, my top 3 - Spiral, Gomorrah and my brilliant friend.

Pity seasons 3 & 4 are on hold due to COVID, I read the books so know what happens, but would love to see them !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

If you're looking for another great Italian series, and haven't seen it, The Mafia Only Kills in Summer is also excellent.
    2 seasons are available on the Channel 4 app

S3 tonight 9pm Sky Atlantic. :)

I recorded it last night as I couldn’t wait until 9pm 😁😁 delighted it’s back !!!!

Advertisement