Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

24567348

Comments



  • So Brandi Rhodes has been named in the Stephanie McMahon role in AEW. Let's hope she doesn't fall into the trap of claiming to have created women's wrestling from scratch.




  • Their Double Or Nothing event next Tuesday is being streamed online.

    49472207_303732963611491_1430390646924902400_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub4-1.fna&oh=a29869ab4f9003a63bd5412dd1016ec8&oe=5C8DA4A4




  • Also they need to have a vince McMahon person in the company and they need to be be able to say no to clearly stupid ideas. For all of the bad things about vince McMahon he was the head chef in the kitchen, and he stopped the stupid crap that Russo had.




  • Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Also they need to have a vince McMahon person in the company and they need to be be able to say no to clearly stupid ideas. For all of the bad things about vince McMahon he was the head chef in the kitchen, and he stopped the stupid crap that Russo had.

    Totally agree hopefully Khan will that guy for them cause it will benefit them having ideas coming from other people other than the core group especially when it comes to a weekly tv show

    I see conrad retweeting a lot of the stuff wonder if he's involved after doing starrcast at all in




  • Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So Brandi Rhodes has been named in the Stephanie McMahon role in AEW. Let's hope she doesn't fall into the trap of claiming to have created women's wrestling from scratch.

    And that her and Cody don't play on air heel authority figures :D

    Supposedly JR will sign once his WWE contract expires in April. Hopefully a backstage role and he's not on commentary.


  • Advertisement


  • Could they bring in Eric Bischoff for the Vince McMahon role ??

    Or did they see the Hogan/Bischoff led TNA a few years ago and see how much of a **** up that was

    AEW could be WCW part 2 if they play there cards right. They have enough money




  • sky88 wrote: »
    I just really hope they don't go down the tna route and mention wwe all the time

    The Young Bucks will be asking Levesque and Hickenbottom to meet them at the Alamo within a few episodes.




  • And that her and Cody don't play on air heel authority figures :D

    Supposedly JR will sign once his WWE contract expires in April. Hopefully a backstage role and he's not on commentary.

    Christ yeah. That was my point on the previous page. They have the advantage of seeing stuff that isn't working/ hasn't worked and should avoid it. There is a place for an on air authority figure or matchmaker(in old money) but it should be like jack Tunney but with a personality.




  • PTH2009 wrote: »
    Could they bring in Eric Bischoff for the Vince McMahon role ??

    Or did they see the Hogan/Bischoff led TNA a few years ago and see how much of a **** up that was

    AEW could be WCW part 2 if they play there cards right. They have enough money

    Well yeah if it's 1993 era Bischoff where he helps with the money and spending it wisely and not late nineties where WCW was spending money like sailors on shore leave then no.




  • PTH2009 wrote:
    Could they bring in Eric Bischoff for the Vince McMahon role ??

    If you want to be anything fresh in 2019 the likes of Russo, Bischoff and Hogan shouldn't be even mentioned on your product.
    Jim Ross on commentary is a big fat NO for me too. It's not the 1990's anymore. People are well sick of authority figures now.


  • Advertisement


  • Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Their Double Or Nothing event next Tuesday is being streamed online.

    Smackdown is being held a 5 minute walk away.


    Will they try something?




  • Smackdown is being held a 5 minute walk away.


    Will they try something?

    I'd love another "invasion" bit..




  • ERG89 wrote: »
    If you want to be anything fresh in 2019 the likes of Russo, Bischoff and Hogan shouldn't be even mentioned on your product.
    Jim Ross on commentary is a big fat NO for me too. It's not the 1990's anymore. People are well sick of authority figures now.

    Yeah attitude era Jim Ross yes, this current version(yes he's had a rough couple of years) but no he shouldn't be commentating on wrestling.




  • Will follow this and see where it leads but as the 3 are on air talents and calling the shots behind the scenes I’m pessimistic to say the least




  • sky88 wrote: »
    Totally agree hopefully Khan will that guy for them cause it will benefit them having ideas coming from other people other than the core group especially when it comes to a weekly tv show

    I see conrad retweeting a lot of the stuff wonder if he's involved after doing starrcast at all in

    Conrad is in Japan for wrestlekingdom I'm now fully convinced he's involved with this




  • MrMac84 wrote: »
    Will follow this and see where it leads but as the 3 are on air talents and calling the shots behind the scenes I’m pessimistic to say the least

    I think, The Bucks & Cody are on air talent until the company is up and running, and they've assembled a roster, then they could possibly transition to whatever their respective new roles will be behind the scenes.




  • sky88 wrote: »
    Conrad is in Japan for wrestlekingdom I'm now fully convinced he's involved with this

    A lot of people are there. Not sure what he'd offer them. As far as Bruce Prichard goes I remember post WWE him being in Impact Wresting for one reason. That was only because someone on Live Audio Wrestling said that he dressed and looked like a messy slob for someone who was (then) an on screen character :pac: :pac: :pac:




  • Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I think, The Bucks & Cody are on air talent until the company is up and running, and they've assembled a roster, then they could possibly transition to whatever their respective new roles will be behind the scenes.

    Meh you hear stars all the time talk about the pop of walking through the curtain etc! They won’t stay away from the limelight too long. I hope I’m wrong




  • Has any wrestlers who become bookers not put themselves on top




  • sky88 wrote: »
    Has any wrestlers who become bookers not put themselves on top

    Not many no. It seems to have been the wise move to go to a territory that you were friends with the booker as you'd get a push. Many of the owners did appear on TV in some capacity but famously vince mcmahon Sr didn't bar one time that I know of which was the Patterson vs slaughter street fight when he is at ringside. I also think I spotted him before a backlund vs Stan Hansen(I think) cage match at the garden I've seen on the network. I say think because backlund is stalling getting in the ring and the hard camera zooms into the entrance way in the garden and the curtain is opened and I'm sure I can see vince sr standing on the right and what looks like gorilla monsoon in all purple standing on the left behind the curtain.


  • Advertisement


  • Kenny McIntosh of Inside The Ropes retweeted this on Twitter from Ryan Satin, how true it is though, remains to be seen.

    https://twitter.com/KennyMc1985/status/1081333025449877504




  • I know they have money but wonder if they have a tv deal lined up since I'm sure they would like an income of offering good money. Though didn't WCW offer good money? And that's a big part of what ruined TNA




  • They definitely have money no doubting that but im taking all this news with pinches of salt so far till theres concrete news on signings or shows




  • CastorTroy wrote:
    I know they have money but wonder if they have a tv deal lined up since I'm sure they would like an income of offering good money. Though didn't WCW offer good money? And that's a big part of what ruined TNA

    They definitely have several TV offers, I'd believe that too.
    Good money is good for talent who could leverage an increase in pay, specifically in WWE where they are taking in a lot more money now. Plus they have over well 200 wrestlers on the books which even with good creative is far too much to use effectively.
    I think I could write a thesis on what ruined TNA but large contracts wouldn't be too high on that list of what killed them. It would be below bad management, creative, losing Spike & failing to get on an even remotely equivalently sized network since, email attachments, choice of the individuals hired, losing top talent, going live vs Raw years too soon, touring then without sufficient advertising and the key one developing a bad reputation for making basic errors due to not learning from past mistakes.




  • CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know they have money but wonder if they have a tv deal lined up since I'm sure they would like an income of offering good money. Though didn't WCW offer good money? And that's a big part of what ruined TNA

    WCW ? WCW closed because Turner when they merged with AOL TIME warner merger decided to not want wrestling on their TV. WCW could have kept going but Bischoffs takeover bid would have had a TV deal.




  • Itssoeasy wrote: »
    WCW ? WCW closed because Turner when they merged with AOL TIME warner merger decided to not want wrestling on their TV. WCW could have kept going but Bischoffs takeover bid would have had a TV deal.

    What made WCW a success was money put into hiring nearly whoever they wanted up until 1998.
    Luchadors, ECW guys, technical wrestlers, most WWF guys & a working arangement with New Japan.
    They were going down the toilet tho. They made 30 million in 98 just 2 years later they lost twice that. Ratings and PPV's sunk.
    As much as Bischoff likes to talk about the reboot Big Bang PPV & the monthly tapings it wouldn't have been a success again. The name was tarnished & Turner wouldn't be there to sign anyone they felt they needed.




  • ERG89 wrote: »
    What made WCW a success was money put into hiring nearly whoever they wanted up until 1998.
    Luchadors, ECW guys, technical wrestlers, most WWF guys & a working arangement with New Japan.
    They were going down the toilet tho. They made 30 million in 98 just 2 years later they lost twice that. Ratings and PPV's sunk.
    As much as Bischoff likes to talk about the reboot Big Bang PPV & the monthly tapings it wouldn't have been a success again. The name was tarnished & Turner wouldn't be there to sign anyone they felt they needed.

    I never said WCW wasn't successful, I'm talking about the WCW TV Deal that they lost. The reason that's relevant is because AEW might be the best thing since the sliced pan of wrestling since the 1950's have relied on TV coverage. Many wrestling territories survived because of it.




  • Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I never said WCW wasn't successful, I'm talking about the WCW TV Deal that they lost. The reason that's relevant is because AEW might be the best thing since the sliced pan of wrestling since the 1950's have relied on TV coverage. Many wrestling territories survived because of it.

    It depends on if you can fund it without TV. Probably not in the long run but possibly for a short while with a millionaire backer. If they get up and running successfully, getting good crowds, they’ll be an even more attractive proposition for TV. Though, playing devil’s advocate, I’m not sure there’s a big audience for wrestling on TV any more. WWE appear to get their deals due to the volume of content they provide but can AEW match that? I suspect not.




  • According to Dave Meltzer, All Elite Wrestling (AEW), ROH, and NJPW officials will be meeting later today (Saturday, January 5th) to discuss how they can all work together.

    With that being that, potential issues could arise with both ROH and AEW looking to sign some of the same wrestling talent to exclusive deals in the United States.

    We’ll keep you posted as we hear more.

    source: https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/report-aew-officials-reportedly-meeting-with-roh-and-njpw-this-weekend

    If true potential might be the understatement of the century in this context


  • Advertisement


  • Any word on taping plans? Like are we talking weekly shows like WWE, whether live or recorded or block recordings like RoH and Impact. Maybe live PPV like early TNA.


Advertisement