Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018/2019 recruitment?????

• 27-02-2018 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24 janedoe8

Hi guys
    I wasn't in a position to apply for this year's campaign and I wanted to see what you guys think about when the psni will recruit again? I know it's the last thing a lot of you guys want to think about especially some of you guys who have been waiting so long!!!

Don't lynch me!!! Lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭jwhdkl5736

There are plenty of Boardies who didn't make it past the IST. Luck of the draw really. There is talk of one later this year but next year at the latest I would suspect. After that last assessment centre, I'll more than likely be joining you on that campaign! Best wishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 janedoe8

Maxi515 wrote: »
    There are plenty of Boardies who didn't make it past the IST. Luck of the draw really. There is talk of one later this year but next year at the latest I would suspect. After that last assessment centre, I'll more than likely be joining you on that campaign! Best wishes.

Thanks maxi515. Fingers crossed for you all! X

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

My guess is same time next year, at least! I was one of the many who did not make it past the IST and can’t wait for another campaign to get another crack at it but my guess is very end of 2018 or further into 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Eire_1600

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any tips for applying/aptitude tests? I'm thinking of applying during the next campaign, I'm still trying to decide between the Gardaí and PSNI but after doing lots of research I'm definitely thinking PSNI.

Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Eire_1600 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Does anyone have any tips for applying/aptitude tests? I'm thinking of applying during the next campaign, I'm still trying to decide between the Gardaí and PSNI but after doing lots of research I'm definitely thinking PSNI.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, you can find loads of material relevant to the aptitude test (IST) online. Just search for true false cannot tell style tests and situational judgment questions to get an idea of what they are like.

As well as that I would recommend reading boring complex material/articles quickly and train your mind (insert morpheus reference) to take it all in and understand text without re reading.

Also general puzzles etc to keep the mind active.

Lastly, if you are keen for it I would start preparing NOW.

Hopefully this helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Guys , I’m currently from Dublin. Applied for the guards last June got to stage 3, failed by 4 points sadly I was out. Apparently, they are recruiting soon, so I’ll be applying.. however, I’d also like to give the PSNI a go as I’m so dedicated to become an officer! Anyone any ideas how , where or when I apply for the PSNI? Your help would be so appreciated!

Kind regards
    Cian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭BlueCop8790

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Guys , I’m currently from Dublin. Applied for the guards last June got to stage 3, failed by 4 points sadly I was out. Apparently, they are recruiting soon, so I’ll be applying.. however, I’d also like to give the PSNI a go as I’m so dedicated to become an officer! Anyone any ideas how , where or when I apply for the PSNI? Your help would be so appreciated!
    Kind regards
    Cian
    Recruitment is currently closed however I'm guessing a new campaign will commence again towards the end of the year. Check https://www.joinpsni.co.uk, you can get updates their and that's where you can apply when it reopens again, best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 nornirnman

Does anyone know, if a candidate was successful in the 2018-19 campaign, what the latest date would be that they could defer starting until? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46623152

Good news for those waiting for new recruitment. According to the bbc, PSNI set to get extra funding for Brexit to recruit 308 extra officers by April 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

I’m really glad to see this, unfortunately failed the IST this year but it was a wake up call and now I can’t wait to have another crack at it. I wonder when they will start another campaign?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

blueboat wrote: »
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-46623152

Good news for those waiting for new recruitment. According to the bbc, PSNI set to get extra funding for Brexit to recruit 308 extra officers by April 2020.

I would of thought the money will be spent on the recruitment campaigns they have already started. To use the money to start a new campaign and have to pay Deloitte a large sum would seem like a waste. Who knows though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cloudydust

What do you think folks, will we see a new recruitment campaign sometime in 2019?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Tom_90

cloudydust wrote: »
    What do you think folks, will we see a new recruitment campaign sometime in 2019?
    I would doubt it. There is two live campaigns with plenty of people to pick from at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

cloudydust wrote: »

They have run campaigns in 14, 15, 17 and 18. It’s hard to say if they will run another campaign so soon to a previous campaign, however I believe there is hope as more funding was granted for more officers towards April 2020.

I guess only time will tell...

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭sazxox

i have asked a few connections i have in there, and also rang public jobs and they are seeming to say May 2019

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

sazxox wrote: »
    i have asked a few connections i have in there, and also rang public jobs and they are seeming to say May 2019

May 2019 for a new campaign?

Sorry - for the guards I mean, not the PSNI if I was confusing there! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

sazxox wrote: »
    Sorry - for the guards I mean, not the PSNI if I was confusing there! :)

Ah ok lol. Think they mean the psni on this thread.

Oops sorry all :)

• Any advice for the AC? Please PM me ������ Mine is on Tuesday and I’m quite nervous for it lol!

• Advertisement
Advertisement