Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nvidia Shield - Tips & tricks [Read post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,660 ✭✭✭corks finest

Limerick myself ah well , I'd rather buy it and have a warranty etc anyway
    Same warranty,loaded mine etc, dealing with him for year's , honest

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Just had a look much dearer than Amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

At that price I hope you havent been buying from him.

jayo26 wrote: »

Say those prices haven't been updated,I've mine a year AFAIK

jayo26 wrote: »

Say those prices haven't been updated,I've mine a year AFAIK
    That was e30 above the price elsewhere when purchased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭54and56

I'm having terrible trouble connecting/mounting my ZyXel 2TB NAS NSA310 to my Shield as network storage. After I mount it it stays connected for a few minutes (I can access and run content from it via Plex Media Server on the shield) but shortly afterwards the content stops running, I get an error basically saying the file is not accessible and when I check the Shield settings it's no longer mounted as network storage.

I can see the NAS via File Explorer on the home network no problem and access and play content from it via my Win 10 Laptop over WiFi. The Shield is connected to it via Ethernet it's not a WiFi issue.

Anyone had this problem and have a solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

OmegaGene wrote:
    €270 is madness

For what a Shield can and cannot do that's taking the piss.
    The game controller doesn't even turn off properly half the time you so I put it back in the box a week after buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Can anyone who is good at meeting up emulators to play retro games mainly n65/ps1/ps2 pm me with how to set up etc. I got retroarch but believe you need the rooms to use them but I don't have or don't know how to get them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

ERG89 wrote: »
    For what a Shield can and cannot do that's taking the piss.
    The game controller doesn't even turn off properly half the time you so I put it back in the box a week after buying it.

Turn off game controller??? Is this even possible? Why would you want to turn it off?

Turn off game controller??? Is this even possible? Why would you want to turn it off?

If your watching something and just using the remote which is about 1000x more useful.
    Apparently you hold the Nvidia button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    If you check your accessories menu it displays 'Not Connected' but it quickly returns to 'Connected' even if you don't press anything.
    OmegaGene wrote:
    What are you hoping to achieve by turning it off

Save the battery, it's not exactly needed if you are doing anything else but playing a game.

• Advertisement

If your watching something and just using the remote which is about 1000x more useful.
    Apparently you hold the Nvidia button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    If you check your accessories menu it displays 'Not Connected' but it quickly returns to 'Connected' even if you don't press anything.

Save the battery

I bet you have active mic enabled. It's listening for you to say "ok Google"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Can anyone who is good at meeting up emulators to play retro games mainly n65/ps1/ps2 pm me with how to set up etc. I got retroarch but believe you need the rooms to use them but I don't have or don't know how to get them

Download retrox, that's all you'll ever need.

Loads of YouTube video available, unsure if it would be breaking any rules embedding them here, but a quick search will have you sorted in minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Has anyone else had a hard time getting atmos to work, plex running on a decent Windows 10 server....

Dts x works fine but plex on Windows seems to think the atmos files are true hd....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Guys,

is Amazon Prime Video borked since the latest update (7.2.1) for anyone else?

"We are unable to play your video at this time"

It is set to UK and plays on my phone so i assume it is an issue.

Just want to confirm before i get onto nVidia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Just checked it there on mine,Playing fine
    No mention of it either in the Geoforce forum over the last few days

https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/159/shield-tv/

Just checked it there on mine,Playing fine

Cheers for replying clinton.

Are you on 7.2.1? (Shield SW)

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Cheers for replying clinton.

Are you on 7.2.1? (Shield SW)

Indeed I am ,7.2.2 is available through the forum though
    Try clearing the App cache or then a reinstall of the app
    link now above to forum

Indeed I am ,7.2.2 is available through the forum though
    link now above to forum

I saw someone else mention it on the Geforce forums. Not sure what the issue is.

Will update and then look into troubleshooting if need be.

Cheers man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Guys, straight of the back of the mega drive thread on after hours, I've had a sudden impulse to revisit a load of retro multiplayer games.

Only problem is that I have only one shield controller, though I have a few Xbox 360 controllers lying around.

Am I right in thinking that all I need to get these to pair with the shield are usb wireless adapters?

The likes of this for example?

Edit, I have a dongle in the press from an air mouse I use to use, would this do the same job I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Guys, straight of the back of the mega drive thread on after hours, I've had a sudden impulse to revisit a load of retro multiplayer games.

Only problem is that I have only one shield controller, though I have a few Xbox 360 controllers lying around.

Am I right in thinking that all I need to get these to pair with the shield are usb wireless adapters?

The likes of this for example?

Edit, I have a dongle in the press from an air mouse I use to use, would this do the same job I wonder?

As far as I understand bluetooth controllers work the best no matter what android box/phone/tablet your using.

I have tried using various old controllers I have with dongles on android platforms that I used to use on Windows PC's but I find although the android system will recognize them to a degree i.e some buttons will work to highlight stuff and go back they don't generally work fully enough for games, alas.

I read that the newer xbox bluetooth controllers work very well but they are quite pricey. I chanced my arm with a cheap Asus bluetooth android controller and it works perfectly. So I *think* any modern bluetooth controller will work and is the way to go. I could be wrong but that's my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

just tried pairing some old sony playstation controllers with the shield over the holidays, and they worked! Playing Beach Buggy using the original shield controller and 2 PS controllers works a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Shield arrived today, have to say I'm impressed, quite snappy comparing it to the old WeTek Play 2
    Surprised how small it is, will fit nicely behide the screen.

What must have apps would you recommend? (free or paid)
    I'm an Amazon Prime member so I see I get Prime Video (never used it before)
    Will have media on a NAS so either Kodi or Plex I guess. (Never used Plex)

Wil install Smart YouTube app later.

Very happy with it so far.

On the gaming side get RetroX for games emulation (not free but worth every cent). Not in the play store, you'll have to side load.
    http://www.retrox.tv/
    RetroX

Also check out the different gaming options in the Nvidia app. You have native Android games, GeforceNow included (these are all free), GeforceNow featured (play Steam and Uplay pc games) and Gamestream to stream from your PC if you have a Nvidia gpu

On the app side get Puffin TV as your browser and the xplore app as your file manager.
    Also Kodi is worth installing, it would probably deserve it's own thread, endless possibilities and a wealth of knowledge available if you Google

Anyone ever use/install the yalp store??

Anyone ever use/install the yalp store??

Never used it no,I use Aptoide,APK Mirror and APKpure for anything I need

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Hi guys is there a fix for the sound issue on the shield. I use the slider to control volume but when u change channel volume goes back down again. Thanks

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Turn off the slider

Where in settings is that thanks

Where in settings is that thanks

Settings > display and sound > advanced > turn fixed volume on

• Advertisement

Settings > display and sound > advanced > turn fixed volume on

Thanks will try now

Advertisement