Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 PDC World Darts Championship (inc. schedule of play in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

But Wayne Mardle says it's been a 'wonderful tournament' and surely he would know?
    There trying to say it was a good final, Smith pushed him all the way etc. Absolute bs not a good final at all. Call it as it is.

Yeah Sky would love that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

A worthy winner anyway. Best in the world by a distance. Strolled that despite being miles from his best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Worst world championships in recent times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

well done mvg well done a awesum dart player and on hes A game no one comes near.
    i had smith at 14/1 3 weeks ago,but mvg truly deserved win.BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

2 more now to equal Barney,his admitted target,switch to bdo for 2 years and it's a done deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Angliru wrote: »
    I certainly won't miss hearing Mardle a few times a week that's for sure. Absolute hack.

I think Rod Studd is worse and he's commentating on all the matches while Mardle is on about half.

3 World titles before he’s 30.

Never thought we’d see dominance like Taylor again but he’s won a hell of a lot of tournaments in the last 6 years.

With Anderson getting older and Lewis not the player he was I can see him finding it easier in the coming years.

A more consistent Cross the only player near his level at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

So it's dancing with the stars and operation transformation now that the darts are over for January:(

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Dingaan

NDWC wrote: »
    These trophy presentations always come across so rushed and low rent

Agreed, they could at least wait a few minutes and give it some buildup. It just seems like they're in a hurry to get it over and done with.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Smith is incredibly talented. He needs to work on mental strength. In fairness to him to he looked to be giving up a few times, but he never did. He will win this one day. Could be the same final next year...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Of the three finals MvG has won, Smith had the worst average that MvG has faced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Also they kept saying "mvg is struggling under the pressure" type comments .. big loud statements.. and very quietly when he reasserted himself and Smith couldn't cope there was no big loud statements of Smith not coping with it.. so blatant.

Dingaan wrote: »
    Agreed, they could at least wait a few minutes and give it some buildup. It just seems like they're in a hurry to get it over and done with.

The place was half empty by the time MvG lifted the trophy.
    No atmosphere tonight until Smith pulled a set back.

barney and wade in premier league i be you...............................................................

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭millhouse

Bdo starts saturday. Always starts with 26's , 45's and mid 80 averages but the standard does improve as the week progresses . Can see this being the last bdo worlds at lakeside and possibly as we know it. Struggled to agree a deal with Bob potter this year at the lakeside and the tv deal is with Quest and Eurosport so thats scraping the barrel. Durrant going for 3 in a row ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

A worthy winner anyway. Best in the world by a distance. Strolled that despite being miles from his best.

That sums it up really. Would he have found an extra gear if he needed to?

Also they kept saying "mvg is struggling under the pressure" type comments .. big loud statements.. and very quietly when he reasserted himself and Smith couldn't cope there was no big loud statements of Smith not coping with it.. so blatant.

At 3-0 they said Smith had almost the same darts at double as MvG.
    That may be true but if you throw 10 darts to hit two doubles and MvG throws 12 to hit 7 or 8 it's not quite the same.

bassy wrote: »
    barney and wade in premier league i be you...............................................................

Bit if an ahole but Wade must be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,310 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

bassy wrote: »

Wade should be there, he won tv ranking tournaments which is the whole point.

She is seriously HOT.

• Advertisement

Wade should be there, he won tv ranking tournaments which is the whole point.

and barney?.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Meh line-up tbh for the PL

Whitlock really has no excuses for missing out

Chisnall prob unlucky too miss out

The filth and dirt i’d do to Laura Woods

Barney has a massive fan base.

Will always get a wildcard.

Must make a lot of the players sick alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

That sums it up really. Would he have found an extra gear if he needed to?

He has it but doesn’t always find it. If you stick with him for a few sets he can be easily rattled, he puts so much pressure on himself. It’s sticking with him for a few sets that’s the problem :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,878 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Andrew00 wrote: »
    The filth and dirt i’d do to Laura Woods

I'd say she would get a lot of attention at the after party which I imagine the drink would be following hard

Is she married to an English rugby player ?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I'd say she would get a lot of attention at the after party which I imagine the drink would be following hard

Think so. The last few years she’d interview all the dart players after the games bar Phil Taylor. She’d interview his opponent but didn’t want to interview Taylor. Probably because he’s a known rapist/creep among the darting community haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

PTH2009 wrote: »

Rumour has it John Henderson is giving her one but it's only a rumour:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

hawkwing wrote:
    Rumour has it John Henderson is giving her one but it's only a rumour

Come on!!!

She's alright looking, but Henderson is way out of her league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

mdwexford wrote: »
    Barney has a massive fan base.

Will always get a wildcard.

Must make a lot of the players sick alright.

Hearn at pains to point out it was a "sky pick" :pac:

Advertisement