Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Colts Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

kmart6 wrote: »
    NRG Stadium no?

Face palm 😂... Who plays well there?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Jesus, straight over my head :o, think it's cause I'm over here at the minute and was like there is no Hilton Stadium:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭letowski

kmart6 wrote:
    Jesus, straight over my head , think it's cause I'm over here at the minute and was like there is no Hilton Stadium

Happens to all of us lol.

That said, Hilton is injured, there is no doubt about that. Even for that catch and run he had, he didnt look like he was running easily.

I tell you what he is one tough player though. I have massive respect for him and the leadership he has shown.

Eberflus getting HC interest, Browns have requested an interview. He might not get a HC offer this year but its only a matter of time with the results he is getting with our defense. We don't have much talent on D much Eberflus has done a great job it getting them playing at a good level.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 decolts

letowski wrote: »
    Eberflus getting HC interest, Browns have requested an interview. He might not get a HC offer this year but its only a matter of time with the results he is getting with our defense. We don't have much talent on D much Eberflus has done a great job it getting them playing at a good level.

Yeah even Sirianni is getting interest, from Browns but probably others will come. Probably a season too early for each of them tho - both definitely will be high on lists after another season under their belts.. maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part though - would hate to see them go after having such a good season!

Any thoughts on Saturday? If we can shake the silly mistakes off that have crept in over the last 2 games we should have them! Just watched a video the colts posted on instagram and it's got me super excited for it! Nice time for a game too!

• Advertisement

Ryan Kelly full participant in training....YUGE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Deco99 wrote: »
    Ryan Kelly full participant in training....YUGE!!!

If our O-Line is healthy they'll take away the Texan's biggest strength on D and I just can't see them being able to slow down our offence. :D

Here. We. Go.... 27-19 Colts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Really missed these playoff games!

Would have pissed if that was called PI. Hopkins initiated contact first

• Advertisement

Inman been great midseason addition . What happened Ryan grant

Excellent addition! Has made massive plays in recent weeks.

Grant looked promising at start of season but after injuries and drops it seems he's dropped off completely! Thought he was going to be our Wr2 this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

That's a great half. Very impressive run of form. especially good to see O line strength, after the diceyness of it at times during the Peyton Manning years.

That's a great half. Very impressive run of form. especially good to see O line strength, after the diceyness of it at times during the Peyton Manning years.

Great first half, pity Chester couldn't get out of bounds there. I think if we can prevent a TD when the Texans get the ball at the start of the 2nd half, we should have enough.

Frank Reich is calling a great game and the guys in the trenches are playing great. Very good all round team performance so far.

But we have to keep it up.

If we get next score you pull TY out game straight away. potentially Kelly by the fourth.

Marlon Mack is showing why you don't want to spend on Lev Bell right now

Woo! On we go!

Sweet! That was nice.. and we did it with little pressure on us! Bring on Kansas.. no reason why we can't go there and get a win! Here's hoping Hilton can get some training in this week!

Woeful performance on both sides. Chiefs had it easy on offence and Luck was not with it.

That really stung. In all honesty, I don't mean to exaggerate but that for me is the worst way to lose. I would prefer to be blown out or lose by a point, but just to sit there in front of the tv and watch a team find every way to f*ck it up was unbearable. Even at the end, we just drop a wide open pass, and then cant get set for 4th and goal.

Infairness, penalties aside the defense did as best they could against an outstanding offense. Being realistic, you couldn't ask for more for the players.

Like on offense, I don't really have much to say. One thing though I noticed early was their timing was all off from the start. Luck was constantly going up to the line to make audibles. Maybe Sutton called a great game on D for KC, but in that noisy environment that's not practical. The whole offense was a complete systems failure to be honest.

Look overall we did great to get here after going 1-5 to start. There were alot of positives, with Reich having a good first year, Luck being healthy and alot of young layers making the breakthough. We need alot more talent though if we want to be contenders. I think not having a premier passrusher or two and a lack of depth at WR was really exposed today, amongst other things. But Ballard knows this and I have confident in him evaluating talent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

It was a disappointing end to the season but the future is bright.

Luck is back, we've massively improved our offensive line and defense in a single season, we've got a heap of cap space to spend (to bring in new guys or keep some of our current players) and 9 draft picks (6 in the first 4 rounds).

Hopefully we can look forward to a couple of playoff games at LOS next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Think we might have overpaid a little to what he offers us going forward but since we have so much cap space, its a minor complaint.

Anybody have any favourites or predictions for tomorrow night?

In all honesty it's a tricky one to predict. We don't have a blatant need anywhere, yet because we don't have a lot of high end talent, there are quite a few positions that we could look to pick with the #26 pick. I think our biggest needs are DE, DT, WR and SS (possibly CB). The are a couple of back-up/development positions I would like to see us draft in the mid/late rounds in LB, OT and a north/south, short yardage RB.

It feels like d-line will be the pick. Most likely there will be a good DT available #26, but I get the feeling Ballard covets a DE more. I think he likes Autry with Lewis and Ward as back-ups at 3-tech and I don't see him going for a nose with a first round pick. But it's 50-50 whether a DE worth taking will be there with our first round pick.

Some of the players I like are Jerry Tillery, Jeffery Simmons, Christian Wilkins, Cody Ford (those may not be available by #26), and then Juan Thornhill, Darnell Savage, Terry McLaurin, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Rennell Wren in the 2nd/3rd round. I like Clelin Ferrell only as a left DE to replace Jabaal Sheard, not as the main right DE playing wide 9-tech rusher role. I don't like this corner back class too much, Jamel Dean and Armani Orwariye (sp) would be my favourites there.

No surprises with the trade last night - 3 picks coming tonight, and will very likely still get a player they could've taken at 26.. glad i didnt stay up for it anyway! ha.. here's hoping for a similar set of second round picks to what we got last year!

decolts wrote:
    No surprises with the trade last night - 3 picks coming tonight, and will very likely still get a player they could've taken at 26.. glad i didnt stay up for it anyway! ha.. here's hoping for a similar set of second round picks to what we got last year!

Im a little on the fence about the trade, I liked Sweat and Tillery. If Sweat turns out to be very good, that will be a knock on Ballard. Anyway, we will see what we get with those 2 picks. Some good prospects at WR and CB left. I would pick Greedy Williams with the #34 pick tbh. I know we are a zone defense team but he is the best man cover CB in the draft and we need to start playing more man if we want to improve.

I also like safeties Gardener Jr and Thornhill. Jawaan Taylor is the biggest drop, I would draft him even if he has to sit for alot of this year. I would like some more help on the right side of our oline. I dont love any d-linemen in the 2nd round.

yeah it's a risk as Sweat could have the potential to be good but Ballard was never going to risk him with the question marks around his heart / health. They have a lot of good options left for them in the secondary / wr area for the 34th pick.. tho not liking the rumours of them possibly trading out of the 34th pick! I'm hoping they are only rumours!

decolts wrote:
    yeah it's a risk as Sweat could have the potential to be good but Ballard was never going to risk him with the question marks around his heart / health. They have a lot of good options left for them in the secondary / wr area for the 34th pick.. tho not liking the rumours of them possibly trading out of the 34th pick! I'm hoping they are only rumours!

Yeah would prefer to just draft a player now at 34. The best players for us I think are Jawaan Taylor, Greedy Williams, Chauncy Gardener and AJ Brown imo. Just thinking there, next year that extra second could be really valuable in trading up in the 1st to get a top pass rusher, so it could work out well.

Colts 2019 Draft

Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple
    Ben Banogu, DE/LB, TCU
    Parris Campbell, WR, Oh St
    Bobby Okereke, LB, Stanford
    Khari Willis, S, Mich State
    Marvell Tell, S, USC
    EJ Speed, LB, Tarleton St
    Gerri Green, DE, Miss St
    Jackson Barton, LT, Utah
    Javon Patterson, C, Ole Miss

Quite an interesting weekend for us. I have to say I am amazed we didnt draft a defensive lineman in the end. I suppose we had a chance at the start with Sweat or Tillery on our board at #26, we will see how Banogu and the other second round pick next year play out. But this is a decision Ballard will be judged on.

I liked the Rock Ya-Sin, Parris Campbell and Khari Willus picks the most. The Ya-Sin pick indicates we will be playing a bit more man coverage this year which good imo. Ya-Sin is a solid CB prospect. The Willis pick I like alot because he looks a good fit to play along side Hooker in that Cover 2 defense but also has the ability to come up in the box aswell. The Campbell pick is the sexy pick of our draft, but he is a massive upgrade over Chester Rodgers and a proper playmaker. The WR corps is significantly upgraded this year with more help for Hilton. Like there's a big difference at WR2, WR3 and WR4 this year with Funchess, Campbell and Cain compared to Grant, Rodgers and Pascal.

The most intriguing pick is without a doubt Banogu. Ballard says he is a SAM lb but can line up at DE and rush, or even at the MIKE lb. The comparison is Jamie Collins, which I get because they have almost identical athletic and physical profiles. But picking a SAM in the 2nd, when we only use the position less than 30% of the time, is a strange one. I feel like they might be organising some sort of hybrid role for him. I think it will be a template similar to how Jamie Collins has been used in the NFL.

Overall it seems like we have addressed our needs in every position other than the d-line lol. But we do have a 2 young players coming through in Turay and Lewis along with the addition of Houston so we should see imporovement from the line nonetheless.

I think it was a solid draft.

• Advertisement

Must admit I was clueless about most of the draft picks when they happened, having read up on the picks now and see how others have reviewed the draft for the Colts it seems we've definitely boosted areas of need! Our 3 second round picks all have the potential to be immediate game changers.

Also - saw this info from some tweets from one of the Colts writers - some of the picks had pretty decent combines! We've definitely injected a load of speed into this team... Also managed to pick some of the best named players too! ha..

"WR Parris Campbell had a 40.0" vertical at the Combine, which was tied for 12th among all participants. One of those players he tied with was fellow Colts second-round LB Ben Banogu, who were both behind Colts fifth-round CB Marvel Tell, who was fifth (42.0").
    the broad jump, too. Tell was fourth (136.0"), Campbell was tied for fifth (135.0"), and Banogu tied for sixth (134.0")
    Tell was third in the short shuttle (4.01), and Campbell was tied for fourth (4.03)."

Advertisement