Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to buy agricultural diesel at a pump in Dublin

• 22-12-2018 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

I need to purchase 5 gallons of marked gas oil AKA Agricultural Diesel. I have a suitable container and it's for legitimate use.

Does anyone know where I can buy it from a pump near Dublin 7 or Dublin 15?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Mad Benny wrote: »
    I need to purchase 5 gallons of marked gas oil AKA Agricultural Diesel. I have a suitable container and it's for legitimate use.

Tell the truth, your filling the car

Try in clonee/Dunboyne as agri vehicles out that direction....I doubt any fuel stores in Dublin will stock....

I will be passing that direction in next hour and have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭orm0nd

if you only need 5 gallons in total it's hardly worth the trouble spending too much time sourcing it as pump prices are usually high

25 ltrs @ a saving of 50c/ltr =€12.50

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gingham1

This engine is too sophisticated to compress ignite home heating oil?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Home heating oil has no lubricant necessary for a fuel pump to stay alive. ;)

Since when has "oil" stopped being a lubricant? There are certain simple engines out there that wouldn't care about what diesely type fuel they receive.

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

Since it's "oil", not oil per se.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭ml100

I assume the above post is talking using white instead of green and not home heating oil, green and white are now basically the same thing except for the color!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mad Benny wrote: »

The garage in the ballymun road at the entrance to Northwood has a dedicated green diesel pump. You used to be able to pull up and I’ll up but seemly they ask to see your container now.

*heard from a friends ......

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

Thanks. Is it a circle k? Will check it out..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Circle K on the greenhills road near the tallaght driving test center had a green diesel pump when it was a topaz. Assuming itd still be there.

• Advertisement

joujoujou wrote: »
    Since it's "oil", not oil per se.
    It is derived from crude oil. I can go out to the shed and start an engine and it will run quite happily on home heating oil without the slightest risk of damage.

Unregistered Users

Gingham1 wrote: »
    It is derived from crude oil.
    As well as gasoline, asphalt, propane, etc.
    I can go out to the shed and start an engine and it will run quite happily on home heating oil without the slightest risk of damage.
    Feel free to do so, I don't care at all, not my problem. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Couple of litres of hydraulic in with the kero.

joujoujou wrote: »
    Home heating oil has no lubricant necessary for a fuel pump to stay alive. ;)
    So we've teased out that your condescending comment doesn't apply in that if the OP has a rudimentary diesel motor then it will be burn home heating oil without problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

ml100 wrote: »
    I assume the above post is talking using white instead of green and not home heating oil, green and white are now basically the same thing except for the color!

They are not basically the same. They are the same.

It is all imported or refined as unmarked diesel and then a dye is added by the main distributors.

How do I know this? I took a tour of the Irving refinery last year and learned it.

Another claim that was rubbished was the various suppliers the market certain types of fuel that claim to offer better milage or engine life or performance.
    When asked the question about this the guide said that all the refinery supplies all the main retailers and while they didn't/couldn't go into any detail, they stated that they didn't have different secret recipes for each supplier and that it all comes from the same plant and tanks. Basically, we were to read between the lines that all fuel is exactly the same.

Unregistered Users

So we've teased out that your condescending comment doesn't apply in that if the OP has a rudimentary diesel motor then it will be burn home heating oil without problems.
    Home heating oil lacks of lubricant added to both road and agri diesel for sole purpose of protecting engine fuel pump. Fullstop.

I don't care about speculations you're making. Do. Not. Care.

A diesel engine could run on diverse fuels. It could run on coal dust.
    Based on the information provided by the original poster home heating oil could be a solution to his problem. I brought a solution and you brought nothing to the thread. No supplier name, no alternative fuel, just a mistaken belief in your expertise of the topic in question and at 22:49 on Xmas eve you are still trying to assert you know someth.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭bs2014

I find this question funny. I'm from Monaghan and literally every filling station sells it, in fact people openly fill their cars up with it at the pumps! Whats even more interesting is if you drive through South Armagh, the big signs which lists the prices actually includes the price of agri diesel, must be the only area in the country to do this! lol Prooves the cultural divide between Dublin and rural ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭Esel

bs2014 wrote: »
    I find this question funny. I'm from Monaghan and literally every filling station sells it, in fact people openly fill their cars up with it at the pumps! Whats even more interesting is if you drive through South Armagh, the big signs which lists the prices actually includes the price of agri diesel, must be the only area in the country to do this! lol Prooves the cultural divide between Dublin and rural ireland.
    You spelt Provos wrong,

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Whocare

Esel wrote: »
    You spelt Provos wrong,

What your problem

• Advertisement

Whocare wrote: »
    What your problem
    Whoosh.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Well that escalated quick.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

The great gas unmanned station in Ballymount sells it for 99c a litre.

Truckermal wrote: »
    Well that escalated quick.....:rolleyes:
    Ninja'd :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Whocare

vandriver wrote: »
    The great gas unmanned station in Ballymount sells it for 99c a litre.

75 cent dairygold in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Whocare wrote: »
    75 cent dairygold in cork

Bit of a trek though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

bs2014 wrote: »
    Prooves the cultural divide between Dublin and rural ireland.

All I proves is that there isn’t the (legitimate) market for agricultural diesel in urban Dublin. Which, given the profound lack of agriculture practiced there, really isn’t a surprise. You’ll find the same situation in other cities and big towns too. I live in a large town in the mid-west, and while there are a few places in the town selling marked diesel, most of the traditional filling stations don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

Truckermal wrote: »
    Bit of a trek though...
    Lovely on toast though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Would off-road Dublin diesel forklifts not be running on culchie diesel?

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

Would off-road Dublin diesel forklifts not be running on culchie diesel?
    They would. As well as other off-road machinery like diggers, etc. :)

Advertisement