Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S9+ 64Gb €600 from Amazon Germany

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CollinsTara

unkel wrote: »
    A similar spec phone from Apple costs twice as much. And there are millions and millions of people paying that ;)

Exactly! New iphones are crazy priced and Samsung 9+ is a really good phone with nice camera

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Discodog wrote: »
    I paid €200 for my Xiaomi - does the same job. People are obsessed with brands

A Dacia Duster does the same job as a Ferrari too, but it really doesn't.

The best thing about it is that people have options though and can suit themselves without spending the money of people if doesn't effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭metricspaces

raxy wrote: »
    You can get the S9 on Vodafone 40/month for 49 in car phone warehouse. Would work out costing 489 for tge phone if you we're on prepay spending 20 every 28 days.

Not sure you're showing the full picture there...

Contract cost 40e x 24 months = 960
    Phone cost: 49e (only if you switch from another network!)

Total cost over sim-only @ 20e month = (960 + 49) - 480 = 529

You are limited to 100 minutes and 5G on that vodafone plan, so you'll probably end up spending more each month on your bill....and the phone will end up costing you more than 529.

In reality, you won't see a saving with this plan and you're tied into it for two years. The network are buying this phone for a lot less than 529e so really they should be offering better than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭coach22

Its a top up cost of €20 every 28 days so its 13 top ups a year = 260 per year or 520 for 2 years.

The €40 price plan with vodafone is crap though. Only 5gb of data. At least withh the top up you should not exceed the price and can use your left over credit to pay for apps

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

RasTa wrote: »
    You would want your head examined paying over 600 for a feckin phone

600 is cheap by todays standards from what I'm hearing but paying up to 1000 is nuts but hey I'm in my forties so I see things a bit differently :D

I'm using xiaomi and it's more than good enough for me though 600ish for
    the s9 is pretty good value also
    the xiaomi mi8 for around 350/400 is not to be sniffed at either in comparison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

coach22 wrote: »

The €40 price plan with vodafone is crap though. Only 5gb of data. At least withh the top up you should not exceed the price and can use your left over credit to pay for apps

It's time vodafone started doing something better than this, their plans are such poor value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭metricspaces

Its a top up cost of €20 every 28 days so its 13 top ups a year = 260 per year or 520 for 2 years.

Eir sim only is 19.99 month.
    25GB data
    Unlimited calls
    Unlimited texts

So my conclusion is the same. You'll see no real savings with this Vodafone plan. 300e off sounds AMAZING! But in reality, they get you on the plan.

If you didn't have the spondulix to buy the phone upfront, you'd probably be better off getting a personal loan and buying from Germany rather than buying a phone plan from a network in Ireland....now that says something!

600e from Credit Union over 2 years, cost you 51.21 in interest (https://www.dubco.ie/loans/personal-loans/#start ). I'm sure you could do better. Or even buy it on credit card and avail of interest free offers, jump to another card if you haven't cleared it in time before interest kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

I paid €604 for S9, 128gb with 32gb Samsung sd card, I used eglobal eu, delivered in 8 days, arrived yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭chewed

What do you think of this deal? I'm in Germany next week so may check it out. According to the page, there's a €100 deduction. I assume the phone should be OK to work in Ireland?

https://www.saturn.de/de/product/_sa...9-2391195.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Treyarch

Hey guys, saw the ad, but if I'm ordering something from EU shouldn't I pay vat, which is 23%
    So €600 + €138 = €738

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

German VAT is already applied - 19% I think. Amazon DE recalculate the price to adjust to Irish rate so (600 / 1.19) * 1.23 = 620

Are there any issues with purchasing a Galaxy s9 from a German shop? Will it still work fine in Ireland if it's unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

chewed wrote: »
    Are there any issues with purchasing a Galaxy s9 from a German shop? Will it still work fine in Ireland if it's unlocked?

No issues, all you need to do is learn German. only messing, you can change the menu language
    Charger will have a two pin plug top.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    No issues, all you need to do is learn German. only messing, you can change the menu language
    Charger will have a two pin plug top.

OK great! Vielen Dank! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,940 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Anything on offer at the moment? I have kept an eye on Amazon but have not seen the offer repeated

Saturn have the s9 at €659 and a €100 discount so €559 for the phone.

https://www.saturn.de/de/search.html?query=samsung+galaxy+s9&searchProfile=onlineshop&channel=sedede&outlet=81

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭roady rhodes

I bought my S9 from Amazon.de a few weeks ago and it works perfectly.

Just select English when setting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Saturn have the s9 at €659 and a €100 discount so €559 for the phone.

https://www.saturn.de/de/search.html?query=samsung+galaxy+s9&searchProfile=onlineshop&channel=sedede&outlet=81

Do these lads ship to Ireland?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Do these lads ship to Ireland?
    Sadly not

https://hilfe.saturn.de/app/answers/detail/a_id/1686

Great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭The Darkness

Hi all,

I'm considering buying an S9 Plus on Amazon Germany and I was wondering does anyone know what the Andere Version designation means (andere means "other", which is very non-specific, as opposed to German or Spanish or French versions etc); and does it in any way affect their ability to work here? Because those versions are a good bit cheaper - €40 to €80 on average.

Also, what's the situation with the dual sim phones - I've read conflicting reports that dual sim devices don't have an sd card slot or external memory capability as the extra sim slot is where the sd card would go; is this true?

Also, has anyone here bought a phone from Komplett or eglobalcentral.eu - and, if so, what are they like for delivery reliability & cost and customer service; should anything go wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,032 ✭✭✭✭unkel

What's the current best price on a S9+?
    Also, what's the situation with the dual sim phones - I've read conflicting reports that dual sim devices don't have an sd card slot or external memory capability as the extra sim slot is where the sd card would go; is this true?

If you want to use the second SIM, you will not be able to use the SD card at the same time. Same as on the S8+, which I found out the hard way :(

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Hi all,

I'm considering buying an S9 Plus on Amazon Germany and I was wondering does anyone know what the Andere Version designation means (andere means "other", which is very non-specific, as opposed to German or Spanish or French versions etc); and does it in any way affect their ability to work here? Because those versions are a good bit cheaper - €40 to €80 on average.

Also, has anyone here bought a phone from Komplett or eglobalcentral.eu - and, if so, what are they like for delivery reliability & cost and customer service; should anything go wrong?

As far as I am aware other version is the international version and may not work in Ireland or other European countries.

I'd go with a European one myself. I got a German one yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

U wud be grand...all models are same u just have to select english as language during first time setup...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

As far as I am aware other version is the international version and may not work in Ireland or other European countries.

I'd go with a European one myself. I got a German one yesterday.
    Got the German one too, works perfectly fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

S9 with 128gb card 455 https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07GQ6N5W8

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭inel

dan786 wrote: »

It doesn't seem to be available at this price if you try adding it to the basket though..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

inel wrote: »
    It doesn't seem to be available at this price if you try adding it to the basket though..

I posted it on Hukd as well before here and it went out of stock in 2 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

There is one on that link now for €400 from the warehouse, would that be basically brandnew?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭jgc115

byte wrote: »
    Got the German one too, works perfectly fine.

Hi Byte,

When you change to English in the setup, are all the apps that come with the phone in English? Also how long did it take to get delivered?

Thanks,

jgc115 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

jgc115 wrote:
    When you change to English in the setup, are all the apps that come with the phone in English? Also how long did it take to get delivered?

Yes.. 7 days...

Advertisement