Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S9+ 64Gb €600 from Amazon Germany

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

And what's the point of using PM if that product can be delivered by Amazon directly to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭xtal191

And what's the point of using PM if that product can be delivered by Amazon directly to Ireland?

Almost €20 cheaper using Parcel Motel/Wizard

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

How much of that will you spend increasing your insurance cover?
    Parcel Wizard is minimal insurance also.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭pajoemccracken

Because it saves you €15 due to uk vat rate being 20% and cheaper shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Because it saves you €15 due to uk vat rate being 20% and cheaper shipping
    Sure, but do you want to risk the hassle of going between PM and Amazon if something goes wrong with your parcel? I wouldn't, even if extra insured. Had the doubtful pleasure of trying to get PM to locate my missing parcel already once and would not recommend that route, certainly not for such a small saving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭freebee23

I ordered the s8 on offer and it worked out at €9 dearer shipping direct from Germany than via parcel motel. Could have used parcel motel but as mentioned earlier by another poster I would rather have the amazon insurance if something goes wrong. Basic insurance with parcel motel is capped at €100. However you can opt in for extra insurance cover.
    €500 Cover – for 14 days at a cost of €3.50
    €1000 Cover – for 14 days at a cost of €7.00
    €1500 Cover – for 14 days at a cost of €10.50

Still think that going with amazon for shipping direct to my door would be greater piece of mind. I think you have to weigh up the benefit vs cost and decide yourself.

I just did a dummy run on the s9 plus and using parcel motel the saving without added insurance is €15 and with €1000 insurance is €8. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

I presume this is unlocked? Doesn't mention it anywhere on Amazon. I presume you just choose English as the language during set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭raxy

You can get the S9 on Vodafone 40/month for 49 in car phone warehouse. Would work out costing 489 for tge phone if you we're on prepay spending 20 every 28 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,967 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

This is coming in at 502 euro with priority delivery vat free on my business account. Delivered Tuesday 25th.

My only concern is that it's a German version. What exactly does that mean to me here in Ireland? Should I be looking for an international version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

There's none of this unlocking nonsense in Germany, at least in my experience. You buy a phone and stick whatever sim card you like in it. You just set the phone up in English and away you go. Easy peasy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭raxy

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    This is coming in at 502 euro with priority delivery vat free on my business account. Delivered Tuesday 25th.

My only concern is that it's a German version. What exactly does that mean to me here in Ireland? Should I be looking for an international version?

Only difference you'll notice is a European plug socket. I got an Italian s7. When I downloaded samsung pay it was all in Italian, that's the only thing I noticed about this phone

raxy wrote:
    Only difference you'll notice is a European plug socket. I got an Italian s7. When I downloaded samsung pay it was all in Italian, that's the only thing I noticed about this phone

I don't use Samsung pay or Google pay so that wouldn't bother me. I'm really tempted now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭bromley52

It's very easy to change the firmware to your Irish carrier and doesn't void the warranty. Check out SamMobile. You will need to pay for fast download or 2-3 days for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

And gone...679 euro now !!

Edit: 710 after VAT and delivery...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

raxy wrote: »
    You can get the S9 on Vodafone 40/month for 49 in car phone warehouse. Would work out costing 489 for tge phone if you we're on prepay spending 20 every 28 days.

This offer is for the S9+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You would want your head examined paying over 600 for a feckin phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

If you're in Dublin Trade in Tech on Parnell St is the spot to go. Brand new, boxed and unlocked for 650. Possibly less.

If you're in Dublin Trade in Tech on Parnell St is the spot to go. Brand new, boxed and unlocked for 650. Possibly less.

Amazon any day...top notch customer service if anything goes wrong...

RasTa wrote: »

If you view these devices as just 'feckin phones' then you're probably correct. I well and truly get value out of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

kaizersoze wrote: »
    This offer is for the S9+

not seeing this deal on CPW. the price on the Vodafone 40 euro per month plan is 449.99 not 49.99. Maybe you can post a link as the deal above would deserve its own thread!

• Advertisement

It's not just a phone. It's a computer. I literally can't run my business without one. I can adjust my website from anywhere in the world. Process online orders. I communicate with clients via email, Facebook, WhatsApp and even boards.ie. Oh I can also send text messages & make & receive calls. I use the camera and video 6 to 8 times per day on each job I'm on. I can look up parts online from my van. It also has a sat nav. It's an all in one office

In short I get better value for money from my smartphone than almost any other thing related to my business. I didn't buy a phone in the end yesterday but if I did I could sell my 14 month old Samsung galaxy s8 64gb for up to 400 bringing the cost of the new phone to 200 .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Amazon any day...top notch customer service if anything goes wrong...

The phone is under Samsung warranty. And it's nice to get it cheaper. And I like not to go to Amazon for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,147 ✭✭✭✭unkel

A similar spec phone from Apple costs twice as much. And there are millions and millions of people paying that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭roady rhodes

Can anyone clarify if the German version Samsung phones work here in Ireland before i take the plunge?

S9 coming in at 428 euro delivered to my door.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

You could apply the same logic to anything. Could also want your head examined spending money on something like a holiday. Different people want different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Can anyone clarify if the German version Samsung phones work here in Ireland before i take the plunge?

Thanks.

Have you a link to this? All I can see is €500

Thank you

The offer is over. Have you a link to what you can see?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭roady rhodes

Sorry i should have mentioned that price was ex vat.

Yhey work fine...have been using two sammy s8 + and s9+ from amazon germany...ensure its sold and fullfilled by amazon..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,862 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

unkel wrote: »
    A similar spec phone from Apple costs twice as much. And there are millions and millions of people paying that ;)

I paid €200 for my Xiaomi - does the same job. People are obsessed with brands

Advertisement