Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ben Dunne Gym

Options
  • 17-04-2018 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what this gym is like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My brother moved from Goldstone, he's happy so far. Just felt Goldstone was behind with general maintainance and replacing damaged equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I know people who have switched and then switched back to whatever gym they were already at (Goldstone primarily)

Actually one of the lads in their promo vids is a Goldstone member :)

Opening times and levels of weights I believe have been the common issues. No first hand experience myself though.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

I wonder in General is the pay as you go thing an issue for them in terms of take up, lets be honest some people just go to the gym because the feel well i paid up for the year i have to go as appose to pay as you go

Do they not have a yearly membership too? Be unlike a business to turn down money. Most gyms have a pay as you go/pay monthly system as well as their yearly membership packages

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

On the subject of Ben Dunne Gym, apparently they are doing a special at the minute for a years membership for around 130 euro, no other hidden fees.

Going hard for Goldstone members with that one, not sure they will beat Goldstone but surely will drive down membership prices in the other gyms a little with these kind of specials

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,814 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

On the subject of Ben Dunne Gym, apparently they are doing a special at the minute for a years membership for around 130 euro, no other hidden fees.

Going hard for Goldstone members with that one, not sure they will beat Goldstone but surely will drive down membership prices in the other gyms a little with these kind of specials

this driving down prices would hardly have an effect on employee incomes?

Wanderer78 wrote: »

I doubt it would, particularly short term. As in any race to the bottom eventually once you go beyond the MSB line everything will suffer

That's capitalism :D It's great isn't it :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭obi604

Does Ben Dunne Waterford offer pay as you go?
    Can’t find the information online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

obi604 wrote: »
    Does Ben Dunne Waterford offer pay as you go?
    Can’t find the information online.

Yes they do pay as you go! think its like 20 a month

• Advertisement

Yes they do pay as you go! think its like 20 a month

I assume they mean pay as you use it, 20 a month is pretty good though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭obi604

I assume they mean pay as you use it, 20 a month is pretty good though

Yeah, I mean just turn up and use it once

obi604 wrote:
    Yeah, I mean just turn up and use it once

There's a couple gyms I know of that operate like this, crystal sports and leisure and kingfisher, I'm sure there's others

Advertisement