Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment April Intake (2019)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Fabio_1988

paddyCPW wrote: »
    Trainer in Templemore informed me there wasn't enough candidates for a January intake.

There not going to come out and say there isn't enough candidates for intakes.[/quote

Seems like a fairly elaborate cover up for something not many people care about outside of us that are waiting to start.

There’s always rumors that they’re struggling for numbers but it’s never stopped them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

PCT for 2018, will start in July.

Is this definite or is there any chance of 2018 applicants being called before this date? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 1990siobhan

Hi just found out today I passed my interview came in 500.
    So confused though. If another campaign comes out in the meantime I don't have to start the process again do i if i dont get called by then?
    How many trainees go down at one time?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 c8bv3i20ndpz7l

if you pass the medical/physical...etc you are good. You will be called eventually. You do not have to do the entire process again.
    they are due to be taking 3 groups of 200 next year(2019). This will include people from previous years. So you may be called in 2019 or 2020. There seems to be no hard and fast rule. It depends on your own individual situation. The background check can take some time.
    Im in the same/similar boat as you. There are applicants still waiting from 2016/17 it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 1990siobhan

if you pass the medical/physical...etc you are good. You will be called eventually. You do not have to do the entire process again.
    they are due to be taking 3 groups of 200 next year(2019). This will include people from previous years. So you may be called in 2019 or 2020. There seems to be no hard and fast rule. It depends on your own individual situation. The background check can take some time.
    Im in the same/similar boat as you. There are applicants still waiting from 2016/17 it seems.
    Thanks so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭wizardofdodge

Anyone know what's the story with annual leave when in Templemore?
    Was wondering if you are up there during December would the 2 weeks you get off be over Christmas or is it one week Christmas and one week at some other stage during he course.
    Think I'd go crazy I'd it was only a few days off ha

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Irishman87545

Anyone know what's the story with annual leave when in Templemore?
    Was wondering if you are up there during December would the 2 weeks you get off be over Christmas or is it one week Christmas and one week at some other stage during he course.
    Think I'd go crazy I'd it was only a few days off ha
    Yeah don't think they get any annual leave during the course to be honest ,maybe a week or two afterwards though

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭farrelly90

Forgot to mention I know people who had PCT in July and they were from June 17 and most of them got offers for October. Remember the January intake was pushed back to April because they don't have enough candidates for it to go ahead.

They didn’t have enough numbers? I thought they would have too many people going for it? I passed my interview last week so I’m presuming I’ll be called the end of next year all going to plan.

Anyone know the craic with leave during the training ,like for a weeks holiday ?was thinking it not be allowed alright but just checking to be sure thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Not a hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Mrletsdothis

Anyone know the craic with leave during the training ,like for a weeks holiday ?was thinking it not be allowed alright but just checking to be sure thanks

I have a holiday booked for August just a Thursday - Monday so it’s a fair question and I’d like to think they would be consider the time off request... if something was already booked.

I have a holiday booked for August just a Thursday - Monday so it’s a fair question and I’d like to think they would be consider the time off request... if something was already booked.

Yeah been a nightmare not knowing if I could plan anything or not because I don't know when I'll be starting at all .Just depends on how tight the college schedule is and how missing a week would affect you .

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

No time off allowed.
    Except illness or bereavement.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

There is reading weeks during the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

There is about 10 weeks till offers are out. Getting there slowly haha

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Two weeks. Given at the discretion of the powers that be.
    Everyone I believe has got them but it's not a guarantee as far as I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Smallboy

Does anyone know roughly how many are still waiting from past years? I can't imagine 400+ are still waiting from the last two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lets hope

What way will the intakes be after april,maybe june?

I am hoping for april intake but still bit of vetting still outstanding last time i rang in november.
    any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭paddyCPW

Lets hope wrote: »
    What way will the intakes be after april,maybe june?

I am hoping for april intake but still bit of vetting still outstanding last time i rang in november.
    any ideas?

What competition did you applyand what is your OOM?

Next intake I would say will be July and October.

• Advertisement

What competition did you applyand what is your OOM?

Next intake I would say will be July and October.

Im from 2017 and my oom is about 600.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 EMD1990

Im from 2017 and my oom is about 600.

Same as. Have you done your physical

EMD1990 wrote: »
    Same as. Have you done your physical

Yes medical and physical all completed a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 EMD1990

Yes medical and physical all completed a few months ago.

Still waiting on physical but medical done last May.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MU2017

Hey, I'm from June '17 and I'm still vetting outstanding, strangely enuf, I've lived in Oz and Nz and that vetting is clear but my local isn't and I was a reserve for 4 years. I'm told it's with my local super at the moment so hopefully they just weren't saying that and I'll make April. I done my medical last April, if I don't get it by then, will I have redo my medical/physical? I didn't realise that they expire?? I done my physical in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭FIVE.0

MU2017 wrote: »
    Hey, I'm from June '17 and I'm still vetting outstanding, strangely enuf, I've lived in Oz and Nz and that vetting is clear but my local isn't and I was a reserve for 4 years. I'm told it's with my local super at the moment so hopefully they just weren't saying that and I'll make April. I done my medical last April, if I don't get it by then, will I have redo my medical/physical? I didn't realise that they expire?? I done my physical in June.

I’m June 17 too. When was the last time you were in contact with them? I’ll have to repeat aswell if I don’t get April. Nightmare

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    I’m June 17 too. When was the last time you were in contact with them? I’ll have to repeat aswell if I don’t get April. Nightmare

I was in contact with them last week but I have since found out since I posted here that the medical and physical don't expire for 3 years after completion. It's frustrating now though, I done my interview 14 months ago. Here's hoping for April!

I was in contact with them last week but I have since found out since I posted here that the medical and physical don't expire for 3 years after completion. It's frustrating now though, I done my interview 14 months ago. Here's hoping for April!

Did you resign from the reserves?

FIVE.0 wrote: »
    Did you resign from the reserves?

Yea, I had to when I emigrated in 2014.

• Advertisement

Yea, I had to when I emigrated in 2014.

Well if it’s any consolation there seems to be loads waiting from 2017 in the same situation.

Advertisement