Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 19 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

km79 wrote: »
    Honestly I think people have lost the run of themselves with united players
    Hits every side
    Attacking double ups . Selling the likes of sterling to fund it .
    Buying their defenders

One attacker for me . For free. And purely as protection against the loons in my league !

United fan at work here tells me they will beat Huddersfield 4 or 5 nil and same to Bouremouth.

Thinking one player myself too. Head says Martial but drawing towards Pogba.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Snodgrass, Ings in. Fernandinho, Rondón out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Got Martial in for Pedro last night. Have another FT but think I'll leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,634 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Mahrez to Son

Did the same last night, still 1FT which I might hold or do Ricky to Lingard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Personally, I agree with KM, lads are going mad on Man Utd players. It’s one game, against a bad team. There are problems at that club that are inmproved by sacking Mourinho, but they aren’t solved.

That guy who thinks they will stick 5 past both Huddersfield and Bournemouth has been drinking the Kool Aid.

I think one player is enough, and that player is Martial. I won’t be getting him as I’m happy with my midfield, but he’s the only one I’d look at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,020 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Honestly I think people have lost the run of themselves with united players
    Hits every side
    Attacking double ups . Selling the likes of sterling to fund it .
    Buying their defenders

One attacker for me . For free. And purely as protection against the loons in my league !

precisely.

one guy in my league got Pogba in and captained him the minute Mourinho was sacked. seriously.

i'll do Ricky ----> Lingard or Alli ----> Martial for free. and that's it. and mainly because they've a lovely bunch of games. you couldn't pay me to bring in a defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RisingDamp

Which is worth the -4 hit?

Ricky to KDB
    Or
    Hazard to Salah

I'm captaining Kane either way

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Got Rashford in for Wilson as a bit of FOMO.
    For a -4 also which I think he can cover against Huddersfield

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Looks like I’m 4 points up on just about everyone at this stage !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looks like I’m 4 points up on just about everyone at this stage !

Snap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I really want to play 6 midfielders

Snod Sterling Salah Richy Fraser all feel worth keeping for a while but it's where the interesting potential is
    YEah I'm in the same boat, have a midfield of Sterling Sane F.Anderson Richarlison Son and would add a United one for a striker if I could.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Moves are done.

Sane to Salah
    Alonso to Bedabarek

Leaves me with:

Fabanski
    Digne, AWB, Bennett
    Salah, Sterling, Ricky, Snodgrass
    Kane, Auba, Jimenez
    Subs; Bednarek, Schindler, Kayal

I don’t think Mo will be leaving my team again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

.1 short of getting rashford in for Carroll. Don't want to touch my midfield or take a hit so if the .1 doesn't appear I'm going to bank

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Have to wildcard next week so going to end up on a -4 to go with my two FT.

Alonso-VVD
    Wilson-Rashford
    Rondon-Zaha

The Alonso out one wasn't needed and might end up looking silly but having the WC looming made me do it so I'm shirking my blame here :D
    Was tempted to get Tomkins or AWB but I might need another Liverpool defender if Robertson doesn't play.

Rashford is ok for a maybe one week only job. I've always liked Zaha and I think he has as good a fixture as any.

All 3 coming in have a good fixture so hoping to gain points there. Presuming they play of course!

.1 short of getting rashford in for Carroll. Don't want to touch my midfield or take a hit so if the .1 doesn't appear I'm going to bank

For who ???????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Haven’t a clue what to do. Want Salah back but have to make 2 transfers to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭COH

Hmmmm... I think I want TAA back

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any thoughts on:

Robertson -> Alexander-Arnold
    Sterling -> Salah

With 2 FT's.

I would like to get Salah back and I have City attacking coverage with Sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

COH wrote: »
    Hmmmm... I think I want TAA back

I 100% want him - he’s one of the best value picks in the game - but probably will wait to the new year now with Arsenal and City on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Don't go near TAA yet, I'm hoping he drops in price again. If he plays on Stephens Day he will likely shoot up again.

• Advertisement

I 100% want him - he’s one of the best value picks in the game - but probably will wait to the new year now with Arsenal and City on the horizon.

Same as that
    For Alonso
    Was gonna get Vvd but it think a TAA Robbie double up offers good value

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Same as that
    For Alonso
    Was gonna get Vvd but it think a TAA Robbie double up offers good value
    Same, not sure when to make the move. Might have to be very soon to free up cash for Martial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Paully D wrote: »
    Any thoughts on:

Robertson -> Alexander-Arnold
    Sterling -> Salah

With 2 FT's.

I would like to get Salah back and I have City attacking coverage with Sane.

Looking at this is it worth
    Laporte
    Sterling
    Robertson out for
    TAA
    Bednarek
    Salah In for -4?

Hamer Fabianski
    TAA AWB Bednarek Bennet Zabaletta
    Sane Salah Ricky Townsend Hojbjerg
    Kane PEA Jiminez

I’d have 1.6 itb then to upgrade Spacecraft or Hojbjerg

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I never like the look of a team with Salah, Kane and two other premium attackers. No idea if there's enough value to be had in the bottom end of the market to make up for it but it just doesn't look balanced enough for my liking.

2 FT's but again not sure if I want to do anything:

Fabianski
    Robertson Digne Kolasinac (Wan-Bissaka, Bennett)
    Sterling Sane Richarlison Fraser (Gibbs-White)
    Kane Aubameyang Wilson

I'd like to get Salah back and could go Sterling -> and Robertson -> TAA to free up the funds, but with Liverpool having Arsenal and City in two of their next three, I have a bit of fear that Salah might have his minutes managed if not rested from the off against Newcastle, whereas Sterling only played 70 against Palace so will start.

I might give Sterling the next two (Leicester and Southampton away) before deciding. Their fixtures do turn a little after that, and Liverpool's get much easier, so maybe wait and see is better and hope Sterling, Kane and Aubameyang could keep me ticking over in covering for a lack of Salah for a couple of weeks.

Kolasinac to Trippier next week also interests me if he gets a rest this week, but I'd have to forget about Salah altogether then. Shaw at that price range and with United's fixtures also a very strong consideration, again for Kolasinac.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

2 FT's but again not sure if I want to do anything:

Fabianski
    Robertson Digne Kolasinac (Wan-Bissaka, Bennett)
    Sterling Sane Richarlison Fraser (Gibbs-White)
    Kane Aubameyang Wilson

I'd like to get Salah back and could go Sterling -> and Robertson -> TAA to free up the funds, but with Liverpool having Arsenal and City in two of their next three, I have a bit of fear that Salah might have his minutes managed if not rested from the off against Newcastle, whereas Sterling only played 70 against Palace so will start.

I might give Sterling the next two (Leicester and Southampton away) before deciding. Their fixtures do turn a little after that, and Liverpool's get much easier, so maybe wait and see is better and hope Sterling, Kane and Aubameyang could keep me ticking over in covering for a lack of Salah for a couple of weeks.

Kolasinac to Trippier next week also interests me if he gets a rest this week, but I'd have to forget about Salah altogether then. Shaw at that price range and with United's fixtures also a very strong consideration, again for Kolasinac.

Similar team to myself and also want to get Salah in. Two free transfers too

Begovic hamer
    Alonso digne Kola zabaleta AWB
    Sane richarlison Anderson martial schurrle
    Kane auba Jimenez

Any advice on what to do. Looks half decent to me but languishing around 800k is well below where I normally am.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Similar team to myself and also want to get Salah in. Two free transfers too

Begovic hamer
    Alonso digne Kola zabaleta AWB
    Sane richarlison Anderson martial schurrle
    Kane auba Jimenez

Any advice on what to do. Looks half decent to me but languishing around 800k is well below where I normally am.

What do you have in the bank mate?

First thing I'd do is downgrade Schurrle to a £4.4m playing midfielder, such as Gunnarsson. You can play the 3 strikers every week then and save yourself a selection headache. That will free up £1.3m-ish.

Alonso to someone like Shaw? That gives you a total of around £3.5m or so to play around with.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

What do you have in the bank mate?

First thing I'd do is downgrade Schurrle to a £4.4m playing midfielder, such as Gunnarsson. You can play the 3 strikers every week then and save yourself a selection headache. That will free up £1.3m-ish.

Alonso to someone like Shaw? That gives you a total of around £3.5m or so to play around with.

1.5m in the bank. Alonso hasn't delivered in about 6 weeks now was thinking of offloading alright. Would mean going without sane to get Salah in and leave me with no city coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,077 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

What are people doing with Jesus .I am thinking Rashford and maybe uograde D Silva to KDB?
    Only one transfer.

• Advertisement

What are people doing with Jesus .I am thinking Rashford and maybe uograde D Silva to KDB?
    Only one transfer.

I’m celebrating his bday tomorrow evening with a few beers

Advertisement