Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

gandalf wrote: »
    FFS that's the Ex Garda's name! You really are clueless aren't you.

No I mocking the fact that you are continuing the delusion that an assault took place because it ruins the narrative you want.

I have no narrative in mind, I would like to understand what happened.You seem to get excited and make claims and then cant back it up with links. Then your language gets aggressive and you try to demean other posters because they dont agree with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

So you cant post a link, maybe you shouldn't post if you cant back it up.

Gardaí say they expect to interview up to another 15 men in the coming days, after they complete a trawl through video footage from body cameras worn by the security guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dompedro

excessive flaming on this topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,223 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Why are the Garda investigating two alleged assaults carried out during the eviction if nothing untoward happened?

Are they investigating it? A complaint was made, from the evidence we have all seen, there was no assault. I would say the investigation is already done and dusted.

In the other investigation, it seems two arrests have already been made.

Based on that, which incident do you think the Gardai are taking more seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I take that as a no then. So why is it Ok to bust the ex copper's head and not yours?
    Because he put himself in the way of getting a slap. As an ex cop he should know it's an offence to obstruct court orders

• Advertisement

As stated before, they all had body cams on. So it was recorded. It just wasn’t put up on Facebook, much the same way if a Tesco is robbed they don’t upload the footage online straight away. It’s not how professional businesses work and could be inadmissible in court if spread online before any court case.

Where is this report coming from? Are you saying that they all had body cams and all the footage has been given to the garda? I haven't seen any reports.

Just because it wasn't filmed does not mean there were no assaults. The alleged assaults on the security teams were not filmed, does that mean they did not take place? You should be consistent with your points.

They were filmed by the security teams bodycams which were handed over to the Gardai.

LOL says the lad who didn't even know the name of the Ex-Garda....

No link then. You should not claim things that you cant back up.

They were filmed by the security teams bodycams which were handed over to the Gardai.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I have no narrative in mind, I would like to understand what happened.You seem to get excited and make claims and then cant back it up with links. Then your language gets aggressive and you try to demean other posters because they dont agree with you.

No you are claiming a phantom assault mate when it is absolutely obvious that none has not occurred. Even the footage supplied by the anti-eviction "friends" of Anthony McGann (that's the defaulter btw just so you know) does not show any assault. It shows legal contractors executing a High Court order on behalf of KBC bank to take rightful ownership of a property.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I copied and pasted the relevant paragraph from the news report about 5/7 posts up. It is backed up ffs.

Do you have a link to the Gardai confirming that they are still investigating two alleged assaults? Do you have a link to a picture of the broken teeth?
    I said it was 2 alleged assaults and I said it was reported he lost teeth. I dont know what happend, is it so bad to seek answers to what happened? you seem to have made your mind up that no assaults took place.

You should not claim things that you can't back up.

Given you didn't even know the name of the poor victim you were eulogising about I'd say the facts would be wasted on you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

So you cant post a link, maybe you shouldn't post if you cant back it up.
    Does your Mammy know you are at the magic machine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

This wouldn’t happen in Fine Gaels heartlands of South Dublin but once people are outside the greater Dublin area Fine Gael couldn’t give a toss!!

Closedown Rural Ireland Vote Fine Gael !!

Edgware wrote: »
    Because he put himself in the way of getting a slap. As an ex cop he should know it's an offence to obstruct court orders

So according to you we was slapped, That I would think constitutes and assault. Have you a link to where that was reported?

hurler32 wrote: »
    This wouldn’t happen in Fine Gaels heartlands of South Dublin but once people are outside the greater Dublin area Fine Gael couldn’t give a toss!!

The most important in FG would not bother paying their debts, they can get the banks to write them off.

The most important in FG would not bother paying their debts, they can get the banks to write them off.

Have you found any links yet to back up your outlandish claims?

Given you didn't even know the name of the poor victim you were eulogising about I'd say the facts would be wasted on you ;)

How was I eulogising him? As you dont seem to be able to back up you statements with a link can i presume that you cant find one?

Link?

• Advertisement

Link?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Have you found any links yet to back up your outlandish claims?

https://www.rte.ie/news/1999/0217/578-fitzgerald/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

Just because it wasn't filmed does not mean there were no assaults. The alleged assaults on the security teams were not filmed, does that mean they did not take place? You should be consistent with your points.

Remember the filming was done by the tax dodger’s sympathizers. It showed no assault. Maybe you don’t know the expression ‘hoisted by their own petard’ but it applies here.
    The security men were assaulted - why else would they have been admitted to hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Andycap8

Didn't this happen on two separate occasions in Kiliney?

https://www.thejournal.ie/video-couple-evicted-from-killiney-home-after-anglo-repossession-order-422154-Apr2012/

By the way, they had more than 10 BTLs

Then there was the "battle for gorse hill" :rolleyes::rolleyes:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/vico-road-an-unlikely-setting-for-protest-against-eviction-1.2123687

the common thread here, is people who can't pay their debts losing the collateral securing those debts. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edgware wrote: »
    Does your Mammy know you are at the magic machine?

Is this your idea of a serious comment?

Bull**** I know of a number of people who have lost their homes over none payment of mortgages. All of them were genuine cases and did try to sort out the issues with the banks. All based in South Dublin and their gripes with the banks are legitimate.

Mr McGann is a parasite, he doesn't pay his taxes or his debts. He should have been turfed out years ago and people like him will make genuine cases of farmers who have tried to sort out their financial problems far more difficult. This situation will just push banks towards selling all their distressed loans to the vulture funds even quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Link?

Surely you can use google at this stage. Link to the gardai having footage from bodycams

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1217/1017554-roscommon-gardai-investigation/

“Gardaí will speak to some of those who were injured and examine the footage from body cameras worn by the security guards.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

• Advertisement

Ah we're onto someone else didn't pay their debts so that exonerates Anthony again!

Advertisement