Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

theguzman wrote: »
    I have spoken to alot of rural and country people over the last few days since this broke and almost every single person was 100% behind the family in Roscommon and actions of the Mob. Leo Varadkar to come out yesterday with his statement was practically the biggest own goal he could have done.

I seriously doubt that 100% of people support this gouger. The people I know who are republican leaning are taking the bait on this but the majority I have talked to are disguisted that this guy has gotten away with his parasitic behaviour for so long. I think Varadkar was right to make that statement, he was right to push SF to condemn the vigilante events of Sunday morning which they still haven't done.
    The beauty of the land, farmers are the stewards, they got it from their fore-fathers, their grand father fought and died for it, their great grandfathers were tortured over it. John B. Keane captured it beautifully in the field.

I think you got a different meaning from the Field than I did. It showed the stupidity and futility of making your worth in life measured by the land that you owned. It twisted Bull McCabe and only brought tragedy to his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

gandalf wrote: »
    If he has handed over his phone and laptop like that he can forget a career as a journalist.

He was probably forced to through fear.

klaaaz wrote: »

Fear of who/what?

Bull****, journalists in other countries have given their lives before they ponied up their sources. Apparently he brought them to the Gardai......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Omackeral wrote: »
    Billcarson wrote: »
    Oh that you are not. I can tell you that much MATE

I'm not you pal, friend.

I know that buddy. I know what you are though. But if I said it i would get a ban.

• Advertisement

Fear of who/what?
    Bull****, journalists in other countries have given their lives before they ponied up their sources. Apparently he brought them to the Gardai......

There has been numerous beatings handed out by Gardai to innocent people over the years, the latest being in Castlerea. We had the whistleblowers personal lives destroyed with one having a file on him mysteriously land at the child protection agency. Hence there is a genuine fear of having a dissenting voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

is this where Anthony lived https://binged.it/2LsyN6u

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

emo72 wrote: »
    Just for balance, count "em" when Leo is talking next time. You will be surprised.

I don’t watch our wannabe Kardashian Taoiseachs speeches.

3 or 4 lads pinning one guy to the ground. A security firm from outside the state. Are you mad? The gaurds should have arrested the heavies.

They were holding him down to prevent him punching and kicking. As soon as he calmed down they got him to his feet and walked him out.

There has been numerous beatings handed out by Gardai to innocent people over the years, the latest being in Castlerea. We had the whistleblowers personal lives destroyed with one having a file on him mysteriously land at the child protection agency. Hence there is a genuine fear of having a dissenting voice.

Those two lads in Castlerea were journalists?

Again if this lad was a real journalist he would not have ponied up his laptop and phone. We have had cases of journalists here in Ireland going to jail to protect their sources.

• Advertisement

nothing racist at all. Point is they have no right to engage in these activities in Ireland.

The North is part of the EU still. All EU citizens have a right to live and work anywhere in Ireland. The activities they were engaged in were all legal and above board.

What are you talking about?

They were holding him down to prevent him punching and kicking. As soon as he calmed down they got him to his feet and walked him out.

If you keep watching, you’ll see him talking to a Garda, then he throws himself onto the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,262 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I have spoken to alot of rural and country people over the last few days since this broke and almost every single person was 100% behind the family in Roscommon and actions of the Mob. Leo Varadkar to come out yesterday with his statement was practically the biggest own goal he could have done.

You're either talking sh;te or living in an echo-chamber.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

were you there?

Oh that you are not. I can tell you that much MATE

I'm not you pal, friend.

I know that buddy. I know what you are though. But if I said it i would get a ban.
    By the way in case you take that out of context I meant I don't want to use bad language.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Dissidents on either side are never far from the surface. Supporting the political wing though. That makes it legitimate.

Worrying times. They haven't gone away you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

tuxy wrote: »
    Do you have to swear an oath of allegiance to Tesco when you are hired?

Don't know about Tesco but Walmart :eek:

If you keep watching, you’ll see him talking to a Garda, then he throws himself onto the ground.

Did he tell the Garda to arrest the contractors and then threw a tantrum because they didn't do what he wanted. Ah diddums and then he scraped his knee.......

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Yeah but would your da batter my da?

Yeah but would your da batter my da?
    Don't know what you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I reckon he means you are full of ****.

I reckon he means you are full of ****.
    Well the feeling is more then mutual then. He has hiis opinions and I have mine

were you there?

No, but I have fully functioning eyed and it’s all on video. Aren’t you the guy claiming “vicious assault” etc? Were you there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

I am thinking the McCann's house will not sell too easily. Would you like to buy it?

No, it’s just a ****ty outdated cottage.

Did he tell the Garda to arrest the contractors and then threw a tantrum because they didn't do what he wanted. Ah diddums and then he scraped his knee.......

giphy.gif

Mocking old people and their bad injuries is despicable. Not everything can be recorded in time plus they were afraid of the thugs who were much younger and stronger than them who were using physical violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Sectarian divisions will always exist whilst the British occupy Northern Ireland and this has really reopened old wounds, Land is incredibly important and those without it will never understand it. The beauty of the land, farmers are the stewards, they got it from their fore-fathers, their grand father fought and died for it, their great grandfathers were tortured over it. John B. Keane captured it beautifully in the field.

I don't actually know how true that is though... Many people, locals included, would be 100% against the manner of the eviction, the method of the eviction, and who carried it out. Many are less enamoured with Mr McCanns background and 'business record ', especially the nearer you live to him,and the more locals you talk to.

Mr Corcoran would be new enough to the newspaper game, he and one or 2 others started the paper in the last 6 months or so. He never struck me as the brightest spark to be honest, and I don't know if he'd be clever or brave enough to resist any pressure from the Garda.

That said, what another monumental Fvck up by Roscommon gardai! The 3rd time this week they have fvxked up royally. This type of thing plays into the conspiracy theorists and whackos and serves no real purpose. You'd wonder do they know what to Fvck they're at at all.

Mocking old people and their bad injuries is despicable. Not everything can be recorded in time plus they were afraid of the thugs who were much younger and stronger than them who were using physical violence.

no bad injuries

no old ppl

what is the purpose of you repeating these stupid mistruths

I'm mocking a pathetic man child pretending to be hurt and the useful idiots who think what transpired there is an assault. Do you need directions to Specsavers?

qLT_DS.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

were you there?

Do you think these alleged assaults should be ignored? Just let the Northern boys away Scott free?

• Advertisement

Do you think these alleged assaults should be ignored? Just let the Northern boys away Scott free?

Which Northern boys are we talking about here? The guys carrying out a legal eviction or the Sunday Morning "boyscouts"?

I wonder did the boyscouts realise that the contractors were wearing bodycams?

Advertisement