Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strokestown **Mod Note in Post #4461**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

Well it seems that since you misrepresented what was said in those two posts you are now trying to get a poster to justify that error and in some way exonerate you.

I would have ask a physiologist to really understand what is going there.

When all else fails, just insult someone. Good man yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,732 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

What are the banks going to do with the property? I can guess who is going to end up there in the end one way or another.

I hope they turn it into a halting site just to spite all the local gombeens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Do you know what will happen if KBC think no matter what we can't evict people they will just pull out of the market and sell all there mortgage portfolio to the biggest bid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

the_syco wrote: »
    They lose future evictions by withdrawing.
    They gain an asset by evicting them.

It cost to evict, the asset will be impossible to sell, so worthless.

They should cut their losses and give it back, game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,210 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

greenpilot wrote: »
    Firstly, KBC bank handled this incident completely inappropriately using heavy handed techniques in removing the family and it is clear to most that there are other avenues which could have been explored with regard to the debts. In that regard, it's all about optics, and they got theirs completely wrong.

First of all, it was not KBC who handled this issue. The loan was sold on and it was the Sheriff who organised the security.

Secondly, what other avenue was there? The loans go back to 2004, thats 14/15 years ago. Apparently, nothing has been paid off those loans.
    Should he be given another 15 years before he starts to pay anything back?
    It's clear that we are dealing with a chancer and the banks were at the end of the road in regards dealing with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

As per tradition, when someone within the family dies, their bedroom is locked and the key hidden. When the McGann’s returned to the home, the door to the siblings’ late mother’s bedroom, which had been locked since 2015, had been smashed open.

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/roscommon-siblings-home-traumatized-after-violent-eviction

I never heard of this tradition. Half the houses in the country must be empty.

Oh Jesus, you don’t believe what you read in IrishCentral, do you? It’s a wonder they didn’t say her mummified remains were eaten straight out of the bed by the security men.

Why would it be impossible to sell?

pablo128 wrote: »
    When all else fails, just insult someone. Good man yourself.

There is no insult intended , it was just an observation. i am sorry if it hurt your feelings.

See its easy to say sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

pablo128 wrote: »
    Yes, a security guard needs to be licenced and resident in the state he is working in. You don't need to be licenced or resident here to carry out an eviction however. There are plans to change this, but that's how it is at the moment.

I don't know what you mean by "the state he is working in" as the PSA applies to Ireland only.
    I've had a look and you are correct there is a loophole and it boggles the mind that a person can't install a cctv camera without a licence but we let this type of thing slip through the cracks.
    I wouldn't usually be backing a SF proposal on anything but I see they are looking for the loophole to be closed and rightly so.
    If a scrawny asisn guy can't sit at a reception desk wearing a security uniform without a licence around his neck why why should a bunch of burly men from another country be allowed to force people to the ground in a group (this pushes the bounds of reasonable force and demonstrates a lack of ability on the part of these men to carry out their duties correctly, most likely due to a lack of training).
    Anyway, it boggles the mind but hopefully this loophole gets closed off and this type of thing doesn't happen again.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    One of the security personnel identified himself as British in Northern Irish accent, so that would make him a loyalist as for his being affiliated to the UDA that's really supposition.

Seriously? Is that it? A man with an accent makes him a member of the UDA?
    Christ, does that make every Irish man with an accent in Britain a member of the IRA.

What bigoted racist crap is that!

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »

Who would buy it?

Who would buy it?

Plenty of people would buy it.
    I know lots of people who have bought repossessed properties.
    Don't see any issues?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Steer55

if the price is right they will always be a buyer

• Registered Users Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Exactly. Someone bought that Jessbrook Centre (Gilligan funded) didn't they? No one could believe it would happen at the time, and many a CAB property has also been bought since.

If there is any trouble, the focus would be on the locals IMV. Shame on them supporting a defaulter for many debts. Sad really. Those who try to pay and keep their homes are actually looked after if the court reports are anything to go by. But these people?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

The "This is my Land" mentality of The Field apparently

markodaly wrote: »
    Seriously? Is that it? A man with an accent makes him a member of the UDA?
    Christ, does that make every Irish man with an accent in Britain a member of the IRA.

What bigoted racist crap is that!

Did you bother to read the post you quoted?
    I said he was clearly a loyalist and I then said assuming that makes him a member of the UDA is supposition. I don't think he necessarily is a UDA member, maybe he is, maybe he doesn't like jaffa cakes, I can't say.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The show of force will help others decide to leave when the Courts tell them to do so.

Did you bother to read the post you quoted?
    I said he was clearly a loyalist and I then said assuming that makes him a member of the UDA is supposition. I don't think he necessarily is a UDA member, maybe he is, maybe he doesn't like jaffa cakes, I can't say.

He was clearly a member of the UDA or a loyalist because he had an accent......

I guess all those guys with brown skin and funny beards are all members of ISIS.
    Look at the crap you are posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I asked before for proof of this before and was told to just go on Twitter.
    I call bull**** to the UDA/Loyalist link.

It's literally been thousands upon thousands of posts at this stage and it's now just become the narrative. It honestly has. It's hardly even challenged such is its ubiquity. If you question it, you're a unionist sympathiser. I've seen it stated that the man in charge of the security firm had previous links to a loyalist group. How that automatically makes every single person working for the company a paramilitary terrorist is beyond me but that's the style of debate these days. It's sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭pablo128

I don't know what you mean by "the state he is working in" as the PSA applies to Ireland only.
    I've had a look and you are correct there is a loophole and it boggles the mind that a person can't install a cctv camera without a licence but we let this type of thing slip through the cracks.
    I wouldn't usually be backing a SF proposal on anything but I see they are looking for the loophole to be closed and rightly so.
    If a scrawny asisn guy can't sit at a reception desk wearing a security uniform without a licence around his neck why why should a bunch of burly men from another country be allowed to force people to the ground in a group (this pushes the bounds of reasonable force and demonstrates a lack of ability on the part of these men to carry out their duties correctly, most likely due to a lack of training).
    Anyway, it boggles the mind but hopefully this loophole gets closed off and this type of thing doesn't happen again.

What I mean by resident is that a PSA holder has to reside in the republic of Ireland, while those holding the northern equivalent of the PSA have to reside in the north. Neither can work in the other jurisdiction as a security guard.

I'm not disagreeing with you that people carrying out evictions should be licenced, by the way. It should have been sorted long ago. However, for now that's how it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's literally been thousands upon thousands of posts at this stage and it's now just become the narrative. It honestly has. It's hardly even challenged such is its ubiquity. If you question it, you're a unionist sympathiser. I've seen it stated that the man in charge of the security firm had previous links to a loyalist group. How that automatically makes every single person working for the company a paramilitary terrorist is beyond me but that's the style of debate these days. It's sad.

What does that say for Sinn Féin?

Steer55 wrote: »
    if the price is right they will always be a buyer

All they will need is a team of security guards to protect it forever.

Could cost a few bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,923 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

OH look here, the defaulters put up two fingers to the banks and the debt collectors for many years. I am not one bit impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SOWHAT.IE

High Court Rules apply to evictions the "operatives" don't need to be licensed - Obviously they should be?

Omackeral wrote: »

Repeat a lie long enough it becomes the accepted truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

We can be fairly sure KBC has already worked this out long before evicting yer man, its not a step taken lightly.

If he hasn't paid in years, is not co-operating and the revenue are chasing him then they probably sold the loan for way less than it was originally worth.

If the fund gets *anything* in a sale they will be happy and it sends a message to anyone else thinking of not paying the bank.

He was clearly a member of the UDA or a loyalist because he had an accent......

I guess all those guys with brown skin and funny beards are all members of ISIS.
    Look at the crap you are posting.

A person who identifies themselves as British with a northern Irish accent can safely be described as loyalist (which does not affiliate them solely with sectarianism).

You are taking a massive leap in logic in accusing me of being bigoted and assuming I think all brown skinned people are members of ISIS.
    You need to calm down.

Glazers Out!

All they will need is a team of security guards to protect it forever.

Could cost a few bob.

What does this mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

First of all, it was not KBC who handled this issue. The loan was sold on and it was the Sheriff who organised the security.

Secondly, what other avenue was there? The loans go back to 2004, thats 14/15 years ago. Apparently, nothing has been paid off those loans.
    Should he be given another 15 years before he starts to pay anything back?
    It's clear that we are dealing with a chancer and the banks were at the end of the road in regards dealing with him.

People are disagreeing with that, what escalated it was the way it handled.

The Govt. response, understandable from them, yet it does not help. When did FG become converted to fiscal probity and the rule of law, what changed there?

Things like this happen every day across Ireland, about 80 times a week,they do not make the news, even locally.

Escalate it though and you'll get a reaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,639 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

What does this mean?

It is very obvious what it means.

Advertisement