Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jimmii: AMA

Options
  • 15-12-2018 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭

Please welcome our latest poster who will answer all of your deep, dark and daring questions.....jimmii :)

So to kick things off here are a few questions to sink your teeth into:

Do you have any particular philosophy when it comes to FPL?

What does the FSA mean to you?

Would you rather hands for feet, or feet for hands?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

What’s your funniest joke?

When was the last time you told someone “I told you so” and why?

Best FPL asset ever?

What do you work at?

Where does Jimmni come out of?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Is Jimmii winning matches ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

What's your favourite thing about Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

What hobbies do you have outside FPL?

What club do you support in real life and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Biggest FPL mistake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Please welcome our latest poster who will answer all of your deep, dark and daring questions.....jimmii :)

So to kick things off here are a few questions to sink your teeth into:

Do you have any particular philosophy when it comes to FPL?

I'm much more about trying to squeeze as much value out of my 15 instead of trying to fill it with as many big hitters as possible. I tend to not post my teams often as a lot of the time people just don't seem to get what I'm doing! I posted one earlier in the season out of curiosity and it got shredded! I've been spending heavy in defence for years just wish everyone e else hadn't started doing it this season too!
    What does the FSA mean to you?

For me it's somewhere to come to find like minded souls to compete with! As I say I don't tend to post my team often because it's not full of nice shiny players like most people! The leagues are good fun I was part of the original qualifier for the FSA leagues then missed the deadline so had to start all over again in the q league which was a bit of a mare it's been fun coming up through the leagues though and theres good banter in there.
    Would you rather hands for feet, or feet for hands?

Hands for feet for sure! Would actually be quite handy :pac: You'd be an absolute beast at jujitsu! Imagine the world records you'd set for catching things with your feet too. If you had feet for hands you'd just be a bit of a weirdo. It's like the duck horse question who the hell wants to fight a horse sized duck. Yeah its be cool to see it for a while but not if it wants to fight you. It would also be cool to see a load of duck sized horses too like how funny would that be them all running round like little tiny remote controlled horse toys!

Green&Red wrote: »
    What’s your funniest joke?

My friend thinks that life started in Croatia.

Yep he's a Croatianist :pac:
    When was the last time you told someone “I told you so” and why?

I'm married and yet still sometimes stumble into making this grave error. My wife has a shop in Edinburgh and earlier in the week I said make sure you have everything over prepared in case it gets much busier than expected. This didn't happen. Then I was in the shop after she closed and she was like I didn't have enough of this or that and my head was like nope don't do it don't say it you know what will happen but then before head can be engaged mouth is like "I told you that would happen" brains like nooooo what have you done!! But obviously the damage was done. Luckily because I had been right all I got was the look of death and an awkward silence.
    Best FPL asset ever?

Salah's season last year cant be underestimated it was incredible so he really has got to be everyone's best asset! Theo always served me well I had him captain the Christmas he went on a tear seem to remember he got a hat trick and two assists or something one game I seem to recall. I've been playing so long I had Andy Cole in my team when he scored 5!
    What do you work at?

Day to day i work for a charity in Scotland running retail and operations. I'm also a landlord and director of a wholesale & retail design company and director of the parent company of the shop with my wife.
    Where does Jimmni come out of?

Originally his mum. Now he occassionally ventures from his bed when he has to.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I love croatianist :pac:

Is Jimmii winning matches ?

JIMMII IS WINNING MATCHES!

Lots of matches in the FSA Championship right now. Currently 5th after starting the season with 3 loses just to give all those losers a head to start to make it more of a challenge!!

What's your favourite thing about Christmas?

Hmmm I love all of Christmas! I have a surprisingly large collection of Christmas jumpers and socks. I also really like the anticipation of who is going to make the biggest show of themselves at the Christmas party I don't so much like the post party realisation that once again it was me.

• Advertisement

shineon23 wrote: »
    What hobbies do you have outside FPL?
    I have done Muay Thai for years and enjoy that a lot. I run a lot too. I was a decent runner when I was younger (won a national 800m title in Kenya) but picked up a bad injury when I moved back to Europe and let it go but it's still nice to stick the headphones on and go for a job by the sea.
    What club do you support in real life and why?
    I don't really come from a sporting family (my parents met working in a lab) so my footballing journey began with a family we were friends with who were all United fans and got me United presents since I was born. They were sealson ticket holders so have lots of programmes from the 80s & 90s that they gave me. One of my most prized possessions is a players medal from one of the seasons in the 80s that I was gifted. I'm a bit of a hoarder and have a fairly big collection of memorabilia now.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Biggest FPL mistake

This is a funny one because most will be like I sold player so and so before they scored a million points but I don't see that as a mistake just poor luck. If anyone knows poker I've played a out 1m hands of plo and plo8 and fpl is just as high variance. You can make a dozen good decisions in a row and come out the loser everytime but you shouldnt stop making good decisions just because you've not had the best run. For example I sold Kane before his back to back hat tricks last season but it was the correct decision just unlucky but in this game we tend not to see it like that we think scoring or not scoring makes something the best decision whereas I just try to make the moves I think will result in the highest points expectation.

In my opinion the biggest mistake is fundamental game play errors and recently I missed a Friday night deadline and that is inexcusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

When did your love affair for Mick McCarthy first start ?

MOhLj4Q.jpg

If you were King for a day, what rule(s) in FPL would you change ?

What has changed the most about the FSA over the last few years ? What would you like to see more of on here and what would you like to see less of ?

What’s the best thing you could reasonably, you seem reasonable, expect to find in a cave?

What’s the most useless piece of trivia you know?

800m title in Kenya? That is VERY impressive, I won the egg and spoon race for fifth class. What was your time?

Kenya, Scotland, what are you doing on boards?

Which are the four players you have to have in your team for the Christmas period?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Best videogame of all time?

Is your bedroom a shrine to the Thundercats?

Rafael Van der Vaart or Clint Dempsey?

What’s the best thing you could reasonably, you seem reasonable, expect to find in a cave?

If it's me then it's more than likely when visiting said cave that I would be with wifey and just as likely was that should had worn inappropriate footwear so the best thing I could reasonably expect to find was that someone had left a good pair of hiking boots or some other sturdy footwear for her to wear so we could venture further into the cave. On the other hand if I was Ed Woodward then I would only be visiting a cave in the knowledge that Zinedine was partaking in his little known caving hobby and therefore the most useful thing I could reasonably expect to find would be him and a minor rock fall that resulted in us having to spend several hours to discuss just how similar Manchesfer and Madrid are.
    What’s the most useless piece of trivia you know?

1= A group of Puffins is called a circus.
    1= It is illegal to own just one Guinea pig in Switzerland
    800m title in Kenya? That is VERY impressive, I won the egg and spoon race for fifth class. What was your time?

Don't underestimate the skill of the egg and spoon race especially by fifth class when people actually understand how their legs work. I ran under 2.01 4 times without breaking 2.00 didn't matter if I went out fast or slow or balanced that was annoying! I never got the chance to run at low altitude to see if I could take a couple of seconds off that in good conditions. I was 16 when we left and I was training for all Irelands when all the hard surface running in Kenya caught up with me and I had am pretty bad stress fracture and that was the end of running competitively!
    Kenya, Scotland, what are you doing on boards?

Before we moved to Kenya an Irish company offered my Dad a job and they ended up keeping it open for him for 6 years while we were over there! My parents left early 98 and, so I could finish school, I stayed over there until the summer it was awesome! I was 16 had an apartment, a driver and essentially unlimited money because everything was so cheap there and the people whose apartment I was staying in owned a club, a few restaurants and a hotel which i was able to use as i wanted! Those were good, good times! They also played squash with the head master so I was able to dodge a few bullets thanks to that too lol!
    Which are the four players you have to have in your team for the Christmas period?

I don't have him but over the next 4 I think Hazard is the most likely to come out on top. I think we'll get good value out of West Ham and Wolves still too. Depending on who is overseeing things it wouldn't be a huge surprise if we suddenly seen a resurgent Pogba out to show how wrong Jose was so he could prove to be the pick of the 8m+ players potentially with the fixtures they have.

1 Hazard for captaincy picks
    2 Doherty because we all have him already right?
    3 Felipe Anderson or Hernandez depending on how you like to set up
    4 Pogback

Given Mr P was up before me PVA must get an honorouable mention right!

manual_man wrote: »
    Best videogame of all time?

I don't have time to play any more but for me it has to be Champ. I used to spend a ridiculous amount of time playing that and it was a great scouting tool for when your team was linked with unknown players. Of the non strategy games Wipeout on the original PS was incredible and the Chemical Brothers soundtrack put it on another level that hadn't really been seen before.
    Is your bedroom a shrine to the Thundercats?

That's hard to do post marriage day. I merely have to make do with using posters to paper the inside of my wardrobe. I'm still allowed to wear the pyjamas and I have a fine collection of socks. The sooner Michael Bay shuts up and makes the dam film the better.
    Rafael Van der Vaart or Clint Dempsey?

VDV was a great player but could he do this?

https://youtu.be/Lq_x38awHg4

Colking wrote: »
    When did your love affair for Mick McCarthy first start ?

I can't remember a time when it wasn't like that. Is it not the same for everyone??

If you were King for a day, what rule(s) in FPL would you change ?

I'm a simple fellow and fondly remember the simple times. I'd happily see the end of the chips maybe keeping one wildcard.

After that I'd really confuse people by bringing back the complexity of ultimate. I loved that version. Think by the end it was just myself and Kev playing it though but hey I'm king so I'd make everyone play mwahaha!
    What has changed the most about the FSA over the last few years ? What would you like to see more of on here and what would you like to see less of ?

I think what we've managed to do best round here is not change too much. I think we're all aware of how certain other fpl forums community interaction has deteriorated over the last few years but this place remains a great place to come for tips and advice and some good competition. For a football based forum we've also some how managed to avoid getting over run with the tribalism that normally plagues anything football related anywhere on the internet.

I'd like to see kev share more of his wildcards seems unfair that he should keep them all to himself.

As hinted at I'd like to see less chips! Unless it's the super defence chip that was trialled in the scandie game!! DEE-FENCE DEE-FENCE!!

Where are you no longer welcome?

Are you a premium defence man or a band of cheapies?

Top three albums of all time, top three films

What’s your best FPL finish?

Go onto WhatsApp and type in “when I grow up” and then hit any predictive text option 10 times, what does it say?

Where are you no longer welcome?

I don't think there's anywhere I'm not welcome really. Maybe near one girls desk in work because I kinda called her out in a meeting the other day!
    Are you a premium defence man or a band of cheapies?

Premium. I think that generally defenders are by far the best value outfield players so you should spend a bit extra there. This season it's definitely become in the in thing for a while everyone had 3. I've been using 433 a lot for a while with 2 or 3 premium defenders with a couple rotating.
    Top three albums of all time, top three films

I don't listen to a whole lot of music and my Spotify playlists often get mocked! When I do listen to music there's normally a lot of metal going on with a bit of big beat even our first dance was Fat Boy Slim!

Albums
    1) Nirvana - Nevermind
    2) The Darkness - Permission To Land
    3) The xx - xx

We see a LOT of films. We've had Cineworld cards for years saves us an absolute fortune. I tend to like escapism films that are a bit absurd where as wife prefers serious films. I have to go see fast and furious type films on my own!

1) Godfather (1972)
    2) 12 Angry Men (1957)
    3) The Fall (2006)
    What’s your best FPL finish?

949th this is the one and only week I've been in the top 1k so my timing was good! I went on an insane end of season run where I went for ~120k going into GW28 and then just went on a tear with green arrows every week. Wish it was always that easy!
    Go onto WhatsApp and type in “when I grow up” and then hit any predictive text option 10 times, what does it say?

When I grow up for the mma class in Jan on Friday lol no spoilers s to the present day

• Advertisement
Advertisement