Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castres Olympique vs Munster, Sat 15th Dec 5.30pm Irish time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Game truly and utterly lost. Laughing stock

Still believe topping the group is most likely but going any further than that right now looks like a pipe dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Could have easily beaten Exeter away from home,
    Should have gotten a TBP last week.
    Could have won today

Making the group very hard for ourselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Saw somebody on here call this match a "free shot" after yesterday's result.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I can see why Schmidt didn't pick Beirne in fairness. Didn't do it in the lineout there at key times.

Munster still have a long way to go. Need a few players I think. Jury still out on Joey. He was very average in that 2nd half. His basics aren't good enough.

Castres are probably the toughest French team away. They are always up for it at home. Up there with Clermont.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

2smiggy wrote: »
    I thought he kicked it out a second early. Pity they did not look at it on the video ref

Thought that as well paused it 59 seconds and ball was in he stands...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

As bad as it was, officials had a hand in the castre try which didn't seem to be grounded clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,179 ✭✭✭twinytwo

What a bizarre ending.

Very disappointing but somewhat the result I expected. I'm starting to think Munster took the wrong 10 from Leinster.

No thinking needed, its fact at this stage

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

It should have been, time wasn't up

Just like the Bath Toulouse game, the TV clock isn't the match click.

That was a brain dead performance from Munster. It wouldn't matter who was coaching them tonight, you can't legislate to idiocy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Worst performance I've seen from Barnes and the bar is low. The lack of consistency was laughable.

But the decision to tap and go just before half time lost them the game in the end. That and missed kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I've seen Owens check the timing of a kick to end the game earlier this season (think it was Edinburgh vs Treviso). Barnes should have at least had the decency to check.
    How he bailed out of the decision to not look at the knee slide and late hit on Conway by two separate players is beyond me.
    The TMO was assured it was a try but saw nothing for the remainder of the game.

But this is what people wanted to see Carbery do, he'll learn from it. You can't throw the baby out the bathwater.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

razorblunt wrote: »
    Poor kicking, ill discipline, stupid decision making.

I detest Wayne Barnes too.

Yep, silly execution errors cost us the match

I like that Barnes is decisive, however I find myself disagreeing with so many of the things he doesn’t call and let’s go, really frustrating to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,324 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Two terrible decisions cost us that match.
    1. not taking the 3 points just before half time

2. Not going to the corner with that penalty on the edge of the pitch near the half way line

We did all the work to win that match, but those decisions cost us.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,036 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Frustrating loss but in a very small consolation we got a LBP

Really up for it for the last 2 games and what a challenge that will be. Gloucester away and Exeter at home

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Peter File

Taunting of opposition players and screaming in their face should be a yellow. Respect to Murray for not reacting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Peter File wrote: »
    Taunting of opposition players and screaming in their face should be a yellow. Respect to Murray for not reacting

That Castres no. 7 was stupid. Nigel would reverse the penalty there for that sort of behaviour.

twinytwo wrote: »
    No thinking needed, its fact at this stage
    get out of it

Carbery is a very good player. Anyone can have an off day kicking. None of the kicks he missed were gimme kicks.

We lost this game due to decision making at key moments.

And hindsight is 20 20, those bad decisions would have been genius if we had scored a try just before half time, or nailed that difficult kick with 10 minutes to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Reality is, we should have win that game... Carberry missed 3 pens and an important kick for touch....Murray missed a pen.... Scannell got a stupid, stupid card .....
    But genuinely...I think our biggest miss is Kleyn in the lineout....his presence is a huge boost to our lineout options.... but he'll be back for the final rounds which will make all the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Akrasia wrote: »
    get out of it

Carberry is a very good player. Anyone can have an off day kicking. None of the kicks he missed were gimme kicks.

We lost this game due to decision making at key moments.

And hindsight is 20 20, those bad decisions would have been genius if we had scored a try just before half time, or nailed that difficult kick with 10 minutes to go.
    +1
    Young player, going to have both good days and learning days. Be a bit of a joke if the knives were out for him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Akrasia wrote: »
    Two terrible decisions cost us that match.
    1. not taking the 3 points just before half time

2. Not going to the corner with that penalty on the edge of the pitch near the half way line

We did all the work to win that match, but those decisions cost us.

O'Mahoney is a great player, but a bad captain. He's forever calling kicks when we should be going to the corner and vice versa. 3 of the missed kicks should have gone to the corner. Kicking from the half way line or out wide on the 10 meter? Stupidity.

Even though we lost, I still think it was a brilliant game though. Way more tense and exciting than the last game and anyone who watched the leinster game made the wrong decision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Akrasia wrote:

That tap and go was never on. Terrible decision. If you wanted 7 pts scrum was the option after a few scrum penalties in a row and they were down a man. They had plenty of cover.

The shots at goal I think were good options. All were kickable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 224 ✭✭Stout Warrior

I know it would have played out differently but I'd say they are eyeing that deferred 3 points on the stroke of half time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Some Yoke wrote: »
    +1
    Young player, going to have both good days and learning days. Be a bit of a joke if the knives were out for him

And I'd rather he make mistakes now and learn, than wait till the WC to make them

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭johny33

Peter File wrote: »
    I think it was for Murray throwing the ball away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

And I'd rather he make mistakes now and learn, than wait till the WC to make them

I hate this!!!

Couldn't give a rat's arse what happens once every 4 years...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭clsmooth

I hate this!!!

Agree. Bloody leap years.

What a bizarre ending.

Very disappointing but somewhat the result I expected. I'm starting to think Munster took the wrong 10 from Leinster.

Byrne was never going to go. He wanted to stay at Leinster even if he was third choice. Carberry took it upon himself to go and get gametime at flyhalf at Munster. Fair play to him. He is the kind of player who can win games from nowhere but failed to impose his stamp on the game today. All told he's better than any of the options Munster have at 10

The Munster performance was as flat as Donncha O Callaghan commentary. You can't show up and turnover that many ruck balls away from home you will get punished. Kicking wasn't the reason you lost tonight but lack of aggression and guile in the loose probably cost you

I hate this!!!

Come back on 2nd of November next year when we're holding the World cup trophy and say you don't care

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Reality is, we should have win that game... Carberry missed 3 pens and an important kick for touch....Murray missed a pen.... Scannell got a stupid, stupid card .....
    But genuinely...I think our biggest miss is Kleyn in the lineout....his presence is a huge boost to our lineout options.... but he'll be back for the final rounds which will make all the difference

Very much so. Puts himself about a bit too which was sorely lacking in the last two games. Castres 5 in particular needed some manners some put on him.

Advertisement