Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Castres Olympique vs Munster, Sat 15th Dec 5.30pm Irish time

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Im lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Neil3030 wrote: »
    What the crap is a MOLF?

Munster obsessed Leinster fan.

coined by a Munster fan on twitter user following some homophobic comments he received from a Leinster fan following the game at the weekend.

yerrahbah wrote: »

coined by a Munster fan on twitter user following some homophobic comments he received from a Leinster fan following the game at the weekend.

I dont like the soccer style rivalries coming into Rugby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

That.... doesn't make a huge amount of sense... but ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

No one is saying they're remotely the same. No-one.

All anyone said was that getting involved in the handbags and sledging when 30 points up in Thomond was a bad idea because it meant Castres were never going to roll over (as they often do in Europe) the following week. You're 30 points up, relax FFS.

As well as Scannell, there was another GIF doing the rounds of POM telling Kockott to 'f**k off' with the score at 30-0. Why?? Just ignore it, rise above it. Everyone thought this was great, good man Peter, I'll retweet that - but Castres went home with bruised egos and spent a week psyching themselves up for the return.

I posted before the match that if Castres were interested, they'd win, and that's exactly what happened. Castres host Bordeaux this weekend, it wouldn't have taken much for them to focus on that, but instead Munster themselves made sure that Castres were very interested in them for the full 80 minutes.

At some point, we might need to start thinking about what is going wrong at Munster because I don't see any signs of progress. We can't blame it all on Castres and Wayne Barnes.

Nutshell. Munster gave that chip on their shoulder to Castres in R3 and paid the price in R4.

Munster in R3 and R4 have shown a serious leadership void in the squad IMO. At some stage in R3 they needed to be clinical but they lost focus. Taking an age to take a conversion when the 2 points didn't matter a damn. We saw Bath do likewise in the Rec v Leinster when a quickly taken Pen get a the game restarted and gives them a last shot at a potential draw.

TBP up for grabs in R3 and Munster get involved needlessly in handbags, sledging and goading and allowed Castres to get under their skin. Castres saw this and Kockett is one player who seems to revel in this. Remember his reaction to denying England the 6n in 2015.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Also, this 'MOLF' sh*t is absolutely toxic. It used to be the norm for people to want all the provinces to do well. Some of us would still prefer it that way.

That TRK shyte is absolutely awful but no-one ever went broke appealing to the lowest common denominator and plenty of people here lapping it up. Garbage.

To paraphrase Nigel, this is not soccer, but it's starting to feel like it.

What's wrong with using a term MOLF?
    It describes quite a few posters in here and the spiel that some want all the provinces to do well, is shown to be very untrue by the gloating and classless posts in here.... but hey ..you keep on patting yourself on the back for being true to the spirit of what you hold dear

I give the mods permission to change my forum name to MOLF no.1 :D

coined by a Munster fan on twitter user following some homophobic comments he received from an asshole following the game at the weekend.

FYP

MOLF, hilarious! Such cutting wit! Let's all start parroting cretins from twitter, what a wonderful idea.

Or maybe Munster supporters could stop having meltdowns after losing games? The reaction to the Leinster game earlier in the season was straight up embarrassing and this is heading that way too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

I posted before the match that if Castres were interested, they'd win, and that's exactly what happened. Castres host Bordeaux this weekend, it wouldn't have taken much for them to focus on that, but instead Munster themselves made sure that Castres were very interested in them for the full 80 minutes.

I'd agree with much of your post, but I don't know how accurate the bolded part is. Castres are always going to be difficult at home. It's not too long ago they drew with Leinster in the final game when they had nothing to play for.

For me, this sums it up best:
    Akrasia wrote: »
    Every team crosses the line sometimes. Casters took it to another level last weekend.

That`s just the pashun coming to the fore though, because everyone knows Munster are always sinned against and never the sinners.

I don't think anyone's saying that either; this is just arguing too far the other way. As is often the case in these things, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

MOLF?

Would you need to put the browser into private mode?

Asking for a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I give the mods permission to change my forum name to MOLF no.1 :D

If only we had that power!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

kuang1 wrote: »
    Have to agree.

Please try to remember though that it's not the majority of us!

Yeah I know it's just few idiots. I just find it amusing/puzzling how some fans (of all teams in all sports) can be so myopic. I like to think I can be fairly impartial about incidents involving the teams I support.

Munster fans complaining that the opposition were dirty would be like kiwis complaining that the opposition forwards had good ball skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Kockott banned for 4 weeks. Not that it matters a toss now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,597 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Yeah I know it's just few idiots. I just find it amusing/puzzling how some fans (of all teams in all sports) can be so myopic. I like to think I can be fairly impartial about incidents involving the teams I support.

Munster fans complaining that the opposition were dirty would be like kiwis complaining that the opposition forwards had good ball skills.

We have half the rugby world saying Munster should have stood up to Castres and not let them bully them, another half saying that it's Munsters fault for not ignoring their sledging the week before, and the other two halves saying Munster shouldn't complain about tip tackles, eye gouging, off the ball shoulder slams, sliding tackles and kneeling players and shoving their face into the ground because we're a 'dirty team' so we deserve everything we get.

And Munster fans are the unreasonable or petty fans. Got it.

I always thought a molf was an average looking person or someone you'd more-or-less-fcuk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Elvisjuice wrote: »

Not sure how that is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Yeah_Right wrote: »

We have half the rugby world saying Munster should have stood up to Castres and not let them bully them, another half saying that it's Munsters fault for not ignoring their sledging the week before, and the other two halves saying Munster shouldn't complain about tip tackles, eye gouging, off the ball shoulder slams, sliding tackles and kneeling players and shoving their face into the ground because we're a 'dirty team' so we deserve everything we get.

They're sh*t at maths too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Elvisjuice

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Not sure how that is so.

all of the posters saying there was nothing wrong with either of infringements or it was border line yellow me hole which was nuts, and its just munster fans moaning , have you read through the thread ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Don't think I saw a single person here disagreeing with the citing for the gouging. Unless it was during the game or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭swiwi_

A wee google for sexy molf.

Venjur, mate, so much hair. In all sorts of places.

And what's with the username Keith Bigwood?

I won't tell if you won't. Promise.

MOLF, hilarious! Such cutting wit! Let's all start parroting cretins from twitter, what a wonderful idea.

Or maybe SOME Munster supporters could stop having meltdowns after losing games? The reaction to the Leinster game earlier in the season was straight up embarrassing and this is heading that way too.

fyp

Try_harder wrote: »
    fyp

Probably fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Don't think I saw a single person here disagreeing with the citing for the gouging. Unless it was during the game or something

Everyone said the player should be cited

Everyone did say it was just Munster fans moaning about the rest.....if you can dish it out at home then at least stand up and take it when your away.....

Blaming the sun, moon and stars is pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

The best thing would be if Munster stopped worrying about all the peripheral crap and just got on with winning rugby matches.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Everyone said the player should be cited

Everyone did say it was just Munster fans moaning about the rest.....if you can dish it out at home then at least stand up and take it when your away.....

Blaming the sun, moon and stars is pointless.

I don't remember any Munster player gouging during the home fixture..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,366 ✭✭✭✭phog

Getting to this thread very late in the day and haven't read the thread since before the match but my feelings immediately after the game was that Munster left 3 points behind them, poor decision making and errors cost them the game and I thought Barnes and his team had an absolute howler of a game, losing control might be harsh but by god they did their damnedest to lose control.

The citings and subsequent bans were inevitable and I wouldn't have been surprised to have seen one or two more.

Advertisement