Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stamp 4 renewal - Maximum time outside of Ireland

Options
  • 12-12-2018 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi all,

I have a Stamp 4 visa that I need to renew in 2020 sponsored for the company I work for. For personal reasons I have to be outside the country for 4 months, I am wondering if this is going to bring me problems when renewing the visa. I already arranged to work remotely for the time I will be outside and keep working for the same company that sponsors my visa.

Of course I searched in the INIS website but I can't find an answer to this.

Anyone knows what is the maximum time I can live outside of Ireland with a Stamp 4 visa?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭booksale

I was on stamp 4 and was out of the country for 4 months. I entered back in OK using my GNIB card that time. But I did not renew my visa after so I can't tell whether it would cause a problem when you renew.

I think if you have a valid reason and your company can write you a letter when applying to renew, it should be having no problem.

But of course, if you can check with INIS it would be better. I understand how difficult to get talk to them.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

It is only if you applied for citizenship would periods outside the state be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jamon_serrano

Ok, thanks guys for your responses.

Advertisement