Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kris kindle/ secret santa

Options
  • 03-12-2018 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Ok the workplace is doing kris kindle this year. I got a lad about 25, perfectly nice guy but is very quiet(bordering on awkward). Working in Dublin but would be from down the country. As a result I wouldn't mind getting something funny but not really sure what. Can't be too outrageous as I like my job and don't want to be fired when it gets pulled out of the bag infront of everyone including the boss.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Is there a price limit? Kriskindles are often set to no more than a fiver or tenner, for a small gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 LeSponge

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Is there a price limit? Kriskindles are often set to no more than a fiver or tenner, for a small gift.

Yes sorry, it's 15 euro limit for the present.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Tomw86

LeSponge wrote: »
    Ok the workplace is doing kris kindle this year. I got a lad about 25, perfectly nice guy but is very quiet(bordering on awkward). Working in Dublin but would be from down the country. As a result I wouldn't mind getting something funny but not really sure what. Can't be too outrageous as I like my job and don't want to be fired when it gets pulled out of the bag infront of everyone including the boss.

From where down the country?! O'Neills are doing mini Sam Maguires for 7euro, might be good as a joke!

One year I also got a mini pool table, sits on the desk and can be good for a laugh. They have them in most gadget shops (one in Dundrum).

Carroll's Gift shops might have something suitable. Gloves or hats, also, can't go wrong.

Light-hearted paperback from a bookshop, another safe and easy bet. Or booze, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Graphic novel. Sounds like that kind of guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Something interactive might be fun...

Nerf basketball for door, desk or bin?

a decision making pendulum swing for the desk or Magic 8 ball pen?

a Rubiks Cube fidget spinner?

...an indoor snowball fight kit?

a :oBS button ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

It's Kris Kringle isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,909 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Seve OB wrote: »
    It's Kris Kringle isn't it?

It's either. Kindle or Kringel.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Kris Kindle is secret santa
    Kris Kringle is actual Santa Claus

That's how I roll, anyway!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    Kris Kindle is secret santa
    Kris Kringle is actual Santa Claus

That's how I roll, anyway!

Same. That’s how I distinguish between them as well.

• Advertisement

Me, too: it was always "Kriskindel" for the little secret pressies.

"Kris Kringle" as a name for Santa Claus bothers me a little, it sounds like some kind of crackers or crisps. Have a munch of Santa, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Krist Kindl comes from German and literally means Christ Child .

Advertisement