Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will anyone be buying counterfeit gift this Christmas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Michael: i wear tommy hilfinger meself

Alan: don't you mean tommy hilfiger ?

Michael: no, tommy hilfinger says it on the bottle

Alan: have you been down the market?

Michael: Ah I

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Plenty of counterfeit soccer and nfl jerseys being given as presents by me this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The lads over here are experts at it.
    They have somehow kept a thread promoting countfeit sports wear open for 10 years!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057635672

It has the full backing of the mods there.
    We should get something like this started for after hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,503 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Andy you need to get yerself over to the Barras in Glasgow, Scotland's answer to Istanbul's Grand Bazaar, some of the stuff for sale there is a real eye opener plus they are open to midnight on Christmas Eve.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Barras

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Andy need to get yerself over to the Barras in Glasgow, Scotland's answer to Istanbul's Grand Bazaar, some of the stuff for sale there is a real eye opener plus they are open to midnight on Christmas Eve.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Barras

Just don't wear blue or anything that resembles a rangers jersey while there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I always find it funny when on holidays and you see the lucky lucky men selling their wares, it's usually 90% Irish people buying from them thinking the are getting a bargain when they are actually buying pure trash.

oh right - i thought it was the lookee lookee guys :)

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    What if these local shops had online shops?

if your a clever bricks and mortar shop these days you will learn to have an online shop running alongside it ...... and also open up longer hours so you are still open when people get out of work

I was going to buy some counterfeit pencils until I heard they had led in them aswell.

whats this led ??? - as in LED lights is it? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

I bought an Andy from Sligo, it was fake as fook.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    I get people's reasons for fake bags, watches etc...
    You can display them to others and pretend you own a luxury item, but in reality you can't.
    Fake perfume though... unless you are carrying the bottle around with you, others will think a cat pissed on you or the local wino slobbered all over your face.
    Even some of the chain fashion stores like Zara have perfumes that are decent if you're stuck for cash.

has anyone ever had some good perfume that has gone off after a certain time ? it bloody stinks terrible when it goes off . Bought some for the mrs once and she only put it on, on special occasions (so that was rare haha) anyway it sat in that bottle and when she went to go and put it on one day it absolutely smelt rank!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Not going to get caught out this year.
    Last December I bought makeup on a popular UK website and it was fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Does the receiver also know its fake or cant they tell normally

If you buy it off a fella who looks like this and says Gordon Bennett a lot then it's probably dodgy.

images.jpg

You obviously never bought knock off pencils.

who in their right mind buys 'knock off pencils' haha ... teachers I suppose maybe to give out in class if they want to supply a class with pencils maybe.

imagine buying knock off pencils as a gift "here lokah' I didnwant to get you socks again this year, so i got you a box of Pencils"* -- "merry feckin' chritmas!"

... (*gives me Idea!)

Fake Make-Up is another big one apparently. Bewildering stuff. You're paying for the quality, that's why they are so expensive. Having the box with some make up that could be from Dealz does not make sense.

€1.49 though ..... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

if your a clever bricks and mortar shop these days you will learn to have an online shop running alongside it ...... and also open up longer hours so you are still open when people get out of work

But if they all stay open then there'll be nobody getting out of work to go in to them ????? :confused::confused::confused:

tuxy wrote: »
    The lads over here are experts at it.
    They have somehow kept a thread promoting countfeit sports wear open for 10 years!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057635672

It has the full backing of the mods there.
    We should get something like this started for after hours.

Online Jersey store.....

468062.jpg

degsie wrote: »
    I bought an Andy from Sligo, it was fake as fook.

sorry - no refunds ...

Not going to get caught out this year.
    Last December I bought makeup on a popular UK website and it was fake.

Fake-up ....

Bob Harris wrote: »
    If you buy it off a fella who looks like this and says Gordon Bennett a lot then it's probably dodgy.

images.jpg

were's Dave?

But if they all stay open then there'll be nobody getting out of work to go in to them ????? :confused::confused::confused:

shift's ? (and not the kiss type) :)

Rota?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Fake Make-Up is another big one apparently. Bewildering stuff. You're paying for the quality, that's why they are so expensive. Having the box with some make up that could be from Dealz does not make sense.

Your paying for the massive marketing budgets, all the actual manufacturing is outsourced, same stuff as everything else but a different label.
    Nike don't make clothes, Apple don't make I phones, Make Up companies don't manufacture make up etc They are expensive because of marketing and profit margin

Your paying for the massive marketing budgets, all the actual manufacturing is outsourced, same stuff as everything else but a different label.
    Nike don't make clothes, Apple don't make I phones, Make Up companies don't manufacture make up etc They are expensive because of marketing and profit margin

that's made me think actually - I wonder how much price designer gear could go for if you took the advertising / sponsoring and marketing out of the equation? - it most probably (the product) would work out cheaper than the fake stuff possibly ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Yeah I've already purchased some counterfeit football jerseys that I've going to be giving to a relative this Christmas.

They are made in the same factories in China as the "genuine" ones.
    It used to mean something about 20 years ago when football tops were made in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Say what you want about Andy's threads, but you have to admit they usually end up being kinda funny. Usually for all the wrong reasons. Considering how every second thread in After Hours is dole bashing, anti-traveller, compo claim, immigration related misery, Andy's threads are a silly breath of fresh air.

Take it away, Andy.

Too right. I like andys threads.coffee in petrol station one was still the best so far.nothing wrong with harmless banter and asking questions.

Too right. I like andys threads.coffee in petrol station one was still the best so far.nothing wrong with harmless banter and asking questions.

nothing will top that one :D - God was that really nearly a year ago .. where does time fly to eh? - was like it was like yesterday i nearly choked to death and saw my colourful life pass in front of my eyes ..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 cmightycon

Can't bate the counterfeit johnnies, it's like wearing nothing at all.

has anyone ever had some good perfume that has gone off after a certain time ? it bloody stinks terrible when it goes off . Bought some for the mrs once and she only put it on, on special occasions (so that was rare haha) anyway it sat in that bottle and when she went to go and put it on one day it absolutely smelt rank!

They say you should keep it out of sunlight probably in its box. But I can’t confirm as my daughters steal my perfume long before that stage.

They say you should keep it out of sunlight probably in its box. But I can’t confirm as my daughters steal my perfume long before that stage.

yes, that could be true - it was out of the box on the bathroom shelf for ages - its like any chemicals though isnt it can change its molecular structure over time

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

reminds me of the trader next to my stall at one street market. He was calling out about the "genuine copy Gucchi handbags." he was selling.

• Advertisement

yes, that could be true - it was out of the box on the bathroom shelf for ages - its like any chemicals though isnt it can change its molecular structure over time

I think so. Google also informed me that changes in temperature also affect it so the bathroom is probably not the best place to store it.

Advertisement