Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deontay Wilder v Tyson Fury - December 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Draw
    Cyrus wrote: »
    you havent answered my question, do you believe both are clean?

AJs stomach area exhibits a lot of markers for HGH, maybe its just coincidence.

Wlad was in what i would consider unbelievable shape for a man in his 40's, when i say unbelievable i mean i dont believe its possible clean.

Wlad was in crazy shape but its 100% possible if clean ,

I have a close friend who is 36, 6'3 plays rugby and looks wise is in better shape than Wlad and he isn't even a professional ,
    This guy is just a genetic freak , not only is he built like tank and ripped he is also very athletic ,

I couldn't count the number of times people have asked him how long has he done steroids and the answer is never , some people are just freaks,

Now I believe its quite possible Wlad is also one of these freaks of nature and its the reason why he was a long reigning heavy weight champion

Is it possible Wlad is on roids YES, is it possible he is not YES,

With no failed test's id give him the benefit of the doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 55,028 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wilder Points
    desperation, desperation for what?

i like AJ, he is my second favourite HW, i think Fury would give him problems but AJ could beat him, but do i believe he is clean? No.

I may as well ask..

Fury? Clean? Not now...I mean in 2015 when he actually failed and in 2016 when he refused to give a sample?

Draw
    you have to presume they are clean unless proven otherwise, so up until lance armstrong was caught you assumed he was clean ?

In the case of Mr Armstrong there where so many stories and first hand accounts ,that it seemed unlikely he was clean ,

There are not the same with AJ or Wlad ,

And again Armstrong was caught so its easy to look back and say "we all knew anyway "

Wilder Points
    desperation, desperation for what?

Desperation to back up your claims/belief about a man who is already a natural amazing specimen, and one who has never failed a PEDs test...

You looking at his midsection to try and justify something..

That same midsection that was pretty much always ripped...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,891 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

walshb wrote: »
    Desperation to back up your claims/belief about a man who is already a natural amazing specimen, and one who has never failed a PEDs test...

You looking at his midsection to try and justify something..

That same midsection that was pretty much always ripped...

your last sentence shows that you don't understand the point i was making, read up a little.

If you believe he is an amazing natural specimen allow me to direct you to the tooth fairy, santa claus and other fairy tales :p

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    your last sentence shows that you don't understand the point i was making, read up a little.

If you believe he is an amazing natural specimen allow me to direct you to the tooth fairy, santa claus and other fairy tales :p

Again. Lost me...

You disputing that humans cannot be naturally amazing physical specimens without PEDs?

Again. Lost me...

You disputing that humans cannot be naturally amazing physical specimens without PEDs?

as i said read up, you are trying to refute a point you didn't understand,

as to your second question, in top level sport i believe most amazing physical specimens are pharmaceutically enhanced.

Wilder Points
    as i said read up, you are trying to refute a point you didn't understand,

as to your second question, in top level sport i believe most amazing physical specimens are pharmaceutically enhanced.

I don’t need to read up. Your relying on your eyes here is what makes your argument ridiculous. Saying things like “read up” doesn’t stop it being ridiculous...read all you like. You are basing this off visuals...

You have 0 actual credible evidence...

Wilder Points

Most?

Would you agree that AJ and Wlad we two athletes with naturally very impressive physiques?

See...to be both are very natural. Always looked muscular, ripped and impressive...

I am not saying this means both are definitely clean, but going by your visual argument, it kind of makes a mockery of it to think of those two as regards “most.”

I don’t need to read up. Your relying on your eyes here is what makes your argument ridiculous. Saying things like “read up” doesn’t stop it being ridiculous...read all you like. You are basing this off visuals...

You have 0 actual credible evidence...

fine continue in ignorance then, doesn't bother me :)

• Advertisement

Most?

Would you agree that AJ and Wlad we two athletes with naturally very impressive physiques?

See...to be both are very natural. Always looked muscular, ripped and impressive...

I am not saying this means both are definitely clean, but going by your visual argument, it kind of makes a mockery of it to think of those two as regards “most.”

yes most, and i include AJ and Wlad in most, clear enough?

AJ isn't natural for god's sake

Wilder Points
    Nothing ignorant to assume possible that two career athletes who have never failed tests might actually be clean and honest...

Really arrogant and ignorant/nasty to try label them cheats with 0 evidence

And, any chance you’ll answer my question on Fury?

Wilder Points

You’re on a wind up now if you don’t believe AJ to be a naturally very impressive specimen...

Did you ever hear of or see the man before his pro career?

6 feet 6 SHW amateur boxer aged 20/21 or so...

You come across very limited here..

Nothing ignorant to assume possible that two career athletes who have never failed tests might actually be clean and honest...

Really arrogant and ignorant/nasty to try label them cheats with 0 evidence

And, any chance you’ll answer my question on Fury?

your ignorance relates to your knowledge of how HGH affects the stomach area just to spell it out as it seems i must.

you calling me ignorant and nasty is uncalled for.

what is your question?

You’re on a wind up now if you don’t believe AJ to be a naturally very impressive specimen...

Did you ever hear of it see the man before his pro career?

6 feet 6 SHW amateur boxer aged 20/21 or so...

You come across very limited here..

i have followed Joshua's career from the olympics. Yes he is an impressive speciman, i'm saying he isn't natural.

you are coming across as limited to be honest if you can't comprehend that.

Wilder Points
    your ignorance relates to your knowledge of how HGH affects the stomach area just to spell it out as it seems i must.

you calling me ignorant and nasty is uncalled for.

what is your question?

Hold on...you implied me ignorant, yet me making a claim that people labeling athletes cheats with no evidence to back it up is ignorant/arrogant/nasty is uncalled for...

Draw

From looks alone I would agree that AJ does not look natural and he looks like has the GHG belly going on ,

Wlad for me looks like a man who is just in amazing natural shape , he doesn't look as obvious as AJ,

But again if Aj hasn't tested positive its hard to claim otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder Points
    There's double standards everywhere when it comes to drug cheats. Everyone has an excuse.

The likes of Roy Jones, Holyfield, Mosley, Morales, Toney all get free passes despite being drug cheats.

The likes of Dillian Whyte and Kid Galahad never have their failed tests brought up. Completely thrown under the carpet as if they never happened.

People love to bring up the likes of Fury, Canelo and Povetkins failed test at every opportunity.

Surely everyone deserves the same treatment. A failed test is a failed test. You can't pick and choose who gets an asterisk.

Hold on...you implied me ignorant, yet me making a claim that people labeling athletes cheats with no evidence to back it up is ignorant/arrogant/nasty is uncalled for...

surely even you understand the difference between ignorance as it relates to a piece of knowledge and labelling someone ignorant or are you just on a wind up?

Wilder Points
    They can all get an asterisk...

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    surely even you understand the difference between ignorance as it relates to a piece of knowledge and labelling someone ignorant or are you just on a wind up?

Gimme a shout when you unearth this piece of knowledge that bolsters your claims so much.

Gimme a shout when you unearth this piece of knowledge that bolsters your claims so much.

you wouldn't read it anyway so why bother :P

Morrison J wrote: »
    There's double standards everywhere when it comes to drug cheats. Everyone has an excuse.

The likes of Roy Jones, Holyfield, Mosley, Morales, Toney all get free passes despite being drug cheats.

its almost as if some of the greatest boxers of all time were on PEDs, but everyone else probably isn't :pac:

Wilder Points
    Well,

It certainly has meandered since my original post regarding an asterisk being put beside Fury's win over Wlad...

We've gone from that to Vitali/Lance/Toney/Holyfield/ then to "accusing/implying" about guys who have never failed tests and so on....

Wilder Points
    pac_man wrote: »
    I'm always uncomfortable with the term 'drugs cheat'. To me, a cheat is someone that is knowingly gaining an advantage by dishonest means.

I'm sure there has been times in which people have failed drug tests and have been completely oblivious as to how they failed them. It's a bit too simplistic just to label anyone that fails a drugs test as a drugs cheat.

I agree with this...

I am sure there many examples of genuine errors and mistakes and no intention to cheat/deceive.

The ones we choose to believe and disbelieve is down to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I'm always uncomfortable with the term 'drugs cheat'. To me, a cheat is someone that is knowingly gaining an advantage by dishonest means.

I'm sure there has been times in which people have failed drug tests and have been completely oblivious as to how they failed them. It's a bit too simplistic just to label anyone that fails a drugs test as a drugs cheat.

Most people don't fail drugs tests being oblivious to the fact that they had ingested drugs.

And if they have, there is no excuse for them or their team being so sloppy and taking 'tainted supplements' or eating meat from cows that were on a serious cycle of Clen.

Wilder Points
    Most people don't fail drugs tests being oblivious to the fact that they had ingested drugs.

And if they have, there is no excuse for them or their team being so sloppy and taking 'tainted supplements' or eating meat from cows that were on a serious cycle of Clen.

He never said in all cases.....

We all know many are deliberate intentions to cheat....

But to suggest all cases are intentional cheating seems ridiculous to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

He never said in all cases.....

We all know many are deliberate intentions to cheat....

But to suggest all cases are intentional cheating seems ridiculous to me.

I didn't say 'all' cases. I said 'most'.

I agree with this...

I am sure there many examples of genuine errors and mistakes and no intention to cheat/deceive.

exactly like two cousins eating contaminated boar :)

• Advertisement

Wilder Points
    So you could be potentially labeling someone as a cheat when they never had any intention of cheating due to the fact that it was a genuine error . That doesn't seem right or fair.

Yes, but isn't that life......if we cannot say for sure then we have to make choices....based on each case and its merits and circumstances

Your overall point is true.....not all cases of failed tests are due to intentional cheating.

One for me is Maria Sharapova. For me hard done by. I never believed that she gained any edge, or that she deliberately tried to.

Advertisement