Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travis - The Olympia, 9th of Dec

Options
  • 17-08-2018 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭

Performing 'The Man Who' album

Anyone else get tickets for this today? I'm really looking forward to it. Big gang of us going

Top album and reminds me of my youth, saw them at witness in 2000 when I was 17 (why does it always rain on me :D)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

mojesius wrote: »

Anyone else get tickets for this today? I'm really looking forward to it. Big gang of us going

Top album and reminds me of my youth, saw them at witness in 2000 when I was 17 (why does it always rain on me :D)

Yea got tickets myself. Can’t wait love the Olympia too. Seen that a second date was added already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Grabbed tickets for the second night, never seen em, couldnt pass up the man who album in full

• Subscribers Posts: 41,085 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

h, saw them at witness in 2000 when I was 17 (why does it always rain on me :D)

same here, still a great memory

beck blew me away that day, the man has some voice !

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I remember Turn and the build up to the big guitar big... goosebump stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spindex

For witnness 2000 it was Therapy? That blew me away. I can't remember much of Travis from that weekend. I might head up to this alright though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

hi all, Meself and my wife have bought two sets of tickets by mistake for the sunday night. They are standing tickets, which is now sold out for the sunday night. If anyone wants them for face value can you PM me. They are physical tickets rather than emailed so collection will have to be arranged.
    apologies Mod's if this is not permitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

hi all, Meself and my wife have bought two sets of tickets by mistake for the sunday night. They are standing tickets, which is now sold out for the sunday night. If anyone wants them for face value can you PM me. They are physical tickets rather than emailed so collection will have to be arranged.

I'd post them here:
    https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=31945

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

I might be interested. Will know later tonight or early tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

quazzy wrote: »
    I might be interested. Will know later tonight or early tomorrow.

Great let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Zardoz wrote: »

Ooft.

Still might head along tomorrow. It'll be a sober gig if I do

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

What a gig. They seem like such a sound bunch. I’d almost go again tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

Going tonight, does anyone know the stage times? Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

jasonb wrote: »
    Going tonight, does anyone know the stage times? Thanks...

Support 8pm
    Travis on stage 9pm
    Was agreat show last night. Enjoy today !

Excellent, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭A-Train

Going tonight with some of the lads to relive our youth!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

A-Train wrote: »
    Going tonight with some of the lads to relive our youth!

Think we're all in the same boat! Very excited for it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads I have seated tickets for tonight but my mate can’t make it til 9:45. Will I be able to go into the standing section with seated tickets or is it typically strict?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,391 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Lads I have seated tickets for tonight but my mate can’t make it til 9:45. Will I be able to go into the standing section with seated tickets or is it typically strict?

Usually very strict for health and safety reasons (crowd control).

There's also no connectivity between seated and standing section, it's two completely different entrances.
    Ya never know though, might get someone in a good mood at the door.

What a gig. They seem like such a sound bunch. I’d almost go again tomorrow

Yep, it was an excellent Gig! They seem to enjoy playing so much, and have such energy and heart, it was just infectious and the crowd loved it. Easily one of the best gigs I’ve been to this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭A-Train

jasonb wrote: »
    Yep, it was an excellent Gig! They seem to enjoy playing so much, and have such energy and heart, it was just infectious and the crowd loved it. Easily one of the best gigs I’ve been to this year.

It was a brilliant gig and would agree with you that they looked to be having a great time. Liked that they highlighted that very few people listen to the whole album nowadays and most people there knew every song.

Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

It was great; not the biggest Travis fan, would be familiar with the singles and the odd album cut, but I really enjoyed myself - because the band enjoyed themselves. Or at least looked like they did!

Musically spot on, nice balance between the music and Fran Healy's between-song chat, and was cool to see Rick Wakeman's son on keyboards.

Cursed again to be stood need in-concert chatters (why oh why do we have to put up with this so much?) but overall the vibe was a good feeling (pun intended), and the crowd singalong for "Turn" really makes you understand the beauty in simplicity when it comes to writing a hit single.

Yep, Turn was a definite highlight, which was cool 'cos it's probably my favourite song by theirs...

Advertisement