Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056772901/1/#post81099163

Link to the cooking club stuffing balls from Bazmo

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,071 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Slow cooker Bolognaise served with macaroni. Amazing.

Divided the sauce into 4 dishes. Will have it with linguine tomorrow and freeze the rest for a pizza sauce.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Roast leg of lamb with root vegetable gratin (trying it out for the Christmas dinner and it was amazing), roast potatoes, green beans and mangetout.
    No photos because we had company.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Roast leg of lamb with root vegetable gratin (trying it out for the Christmas dinner and it was amazing), roast potatoes, green beans and mangetout.
    No photos because we had company..............and I didn't want to look weird taking a photo of my food!

:D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

We were busy yesterday so we had the "Sunday Roast" today. I learnt how to do roast potatoes from this forum, many, many thanks.

zocdjd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

An amazing stew done in the slow cooker. There's even enough left for tomorrow's dinner :D

Probably one of my favourite dinners: pork loin, salsa verde, potato salad and some green leaves.

20181202-190013-800x450.jpg

Yesterday was roast chicken, so continuing the tradition, today was chicken and frozen peas risotto. Added some steamed green beans to up the veg intake.

467446.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Red Wine Beef stew. After seeing them mentioned earlier I tried out making some dumplings, turned out well very light and fluffy!

467520.jpg

467519.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,371 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Made a Macaroni/Cauliflower/Broccoli Cheese yesterday and added a layer of Aldi’s no drain tuna on top before a layer of cheese and sliced tomatoes.

I didn’t take a pic because I thought it would just be ok but it was absolutely delicious! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,495 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Crispy aromatic goat. It was absolutely amazing.

47373018_10157948690797678_5696939239543930880_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=d69035e4c4600e9fc5c4ca160c28d575&oe=5C661196

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Since Himself was out I treated myself to mackerel marinated in garlic, ginger and turmeric with spiced beans. I served it with a salad, for healthyness, you know.

IMG-3625.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ryath, that stew.....omg I want it now

Went simple today. Sausage and Beans with Fried Onion Mash (and some spicy coleslaw for extra veg).

5-DAE4-D85-FDB6-4-CE0-ACB7-5797-F33-FB60-F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I had leftovers. mac and cheese and assorted vegetables, and extra cheese...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Ryath

Tandoori Butter Chicken Curry

Tried out my new air fryer chicken pieces turned out well.

467707.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

early dinner here... my first ever Polish food at the insistence of a family member.... Perogis.... with sweet potato chips . fine beans and Brussels sprouts... Interesting are perogis....Hmmmm.. got them in Castlebar at a Polish shop called "The Breadski Brothers". Never been in a Polish shop before either ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Graces7 wrote: »
    early dinner here... my first ever Polish food at the insistence of a family member.... Perogis.... with sweet potato chips . fine beans and Brussels sprouts... Interesting are perogis....Hmmmm.. got them in Castlebar at a Polish shop called "The Breadski Brothers". Never been in a Polish shop before either ;)

Yes, little pasta dumplings, very nice.
    I think the nicest food I had in Poland was a tasty hunter's stew.

Went to one of the old milk cafes (?), still there from soviet times, and had a nice soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

Herself was out so instead of the usual takeaway I opted to spend what I would've spent on some decent charceuterie from Listons......finishing off the last if it tonight......

IMG_1689_26.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Chicken Madras (made from scratch) with pilau rice (pack bought) and an nice cold beer to wash it down with.

It was as good as any takeaway I've had in ages.

20181209-184610.jpg

• Advertisement

After my son was born at 10:29 this morning, my dinner tonight is wheat, barley, sugar and yeast.

IMG-20181209-WA0019-600x1067.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Dónal wrote: »
    After my son was born at 10:29 this morning, my dinner tonight is wheat, barley, sugar and yeast.

Massive congratulations to you. It's a magical time becoming a parent. Enjoy the nights sleep😉

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

Congrats Dónal!! Hope mammy and baby are doing well :)

Massive congratulations to you. It's a magical time becoming a parent. Enjoy the nights sleep��

Thanks! We already have a 2 year old girl who is my assistant when cooking :)

All well, thanks jellybear!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Enjoy, enjoy and enjoy again and again. Because now the real deal starts. You will get very little sleep for the next few months. Unless you have done it before.:D

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Congratulations to you and yours on your new addition to the family Donal.

Health and happiness to all.

Congrats Donàl, going from one kid to two I believe is comparable to going from owning a dog to owning a zoo. You can thank me for this advice in six months. Enjoy! :)

Congrats Donàl, going from one kid to two I believe is comparable to going from owning a dog to owning a zoo. You can thank me for this advice in six months. Enjoy! :)

Never a truer word spoken. Lie ins are a thing of the past once the second bundle of joy comes along!

Congrats Donál!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Congratulations Donal the very best wishes to you and your family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Congrats! Hope you have the freezer packed with frozen dinners!

Advertisement