Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amalgamation for GAA Juveniles

• 24-11-2018 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has any info regarding the following situation.

If your local GAA Club amalgamates with another club at all grades resulting in the Juvenile club amalgamating, do the Juvenile players all have to go or can some players choose another club.
    For eg. My son wants to play with my home club which is not part of this amalgamation. I'm a former player and currently a full member of my home club but haven't been actively involved for some time as my kids played with a club which was near their National School. I was involved here due to the fact that my kids wanted to play football with their school friends. Now they are moving up to U13 next year and have played zero competitive football at this level.

SO:
    Can they join/transfer to my home club if an Amalgamation does takes place with their current club and another local club which will then have an U13 team.

Any advice appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Have you tried asking the county board what their take is on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Once they haven't played an official game at U13 or U14 then they are free to move club without a transfer.

However, there appears to be a team for them to play on, so what is the basis for them leaving?

This is the 2nd thread you have started about this

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dorchul30

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    Once they haven't played an official game at U13 or U14 then they are free to move club without a transfer.

However, there appears to be a team for them to play on, so what is the basis for them leaving?

This is the 2nd thread you have started about this

Hi. I never mentioned an Amalgamation in my first thread as this has become a recent development. Hence reason for for a new thread. Thanks for advice anyhow.

Advertisement