Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shanotheslayer: AMA

• 07-12-2018 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭

What’s ur best ever FPL finish?

How much time does the odds website take up and has it improved ur FPL performance?

What do you do for a living?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Green&Red wrote: »
    What’s ur best ever FPL finish?

How much time does the odds website take up and has it improved ur FPL performance?

What do you do for a living?

I've only played FPL seriously for 2 years previously.This is my 3rd year. I finished 67K highest nothing amazing.

OddsOnFPL can take as long as you like in terms of article writing. Paddy did all the design and the background excel work. The actual odds is easy. Takes maybe 5-10 mins to do the odds. Writing the article is longer. I've always said the article won't benefit boards and experienced FPL players. It's very generic.
    It hasn't changed how I play FPL for the simple fact I think I'm smarter than the bookies. I can nearly guess most of them but i do use it to reference points in a debate.

I work in I.T! Broadband and telephony communications.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Are you getting much traffic at oddsonfpl? I do use it fairly frequently - good work on it.

Are you getting much traffic at oddsonfpl? I do use it fairly frequently - good work on it.

Financially it's not a profit. The money we do make we just reinvest back into the site. There was an issue awhile ago with someone on twitter/Reddit taking our idea and using it. I'm not sure if they still do it.

Traffic wise we do quite well. Generally GW1 is always huge in terms of traffic. In the last 30 days we had 35K visits. In the last 365 days it's been 218K total. Although the new domain was only set up since June or July so those numbers are from around then.

Thanks for using it! Hopefully it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Do you find this AMA platform a little sad and circle jerkly?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Rhetorical question I’d assume? Was exactly my thoughts too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,805 ✭✭✭✭CSF

callaway92 wrote: »
    Rhetorical question I’d assume? Was exactly my thoughts too

It’s harmless surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What's your username all about? Closet buffy fan?

No. I think it's just more interaction within the forum. I like it personally.

What's your username all about? Closet buffy fan?

Shano is based on my name. Surprisingly to many it's not Shane-o it's Shan-o. The slayer part was just from gaming when I was younger. I think my boards account is closed to 10 years old if not more!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Shano is based on my name. Surprisingly to many it's not Shane-o it's Shan-o. The slayer part was just from gaming when I was younger. I think my boards account is closed to 10 years old if not more!

11.5 years (ya noob)!
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Absolutely, isn’t that why we’re all here?

Do you ever see the website making a profit and/or keeping you?
    Surely the same idea could be transferred to another sector that could make you $$$

What is the one lesson life has taught you to date ?

If you could pass on one piece of advice, to someone currently in their teens, what would it be ?

Green&Red wrote: »
    Absolutely, isn’t that why we’re all here?

Do you ever see the website making a profit and/or keeping you?
    Surely the same idea could be transferred to another sector that could make you $$$

I think it'll make profit by next year. Especially with FPL growing each year. Id be just as happy breaking even!

What is the one lesson life has taught you to date ?

If you could pass on one piece of advice, to someone currently in their teens, what would it be ?

Things that bother you now probably won't bother you in 12 months time. Weather that be a bad break up tough work situations or personal stress. The likelihood is that by next year you'll have thought it was nothing.

A basic piece of advice but, don't start smoking. I started in my teens and financially it's absolutely crazy. On top of that the health issues that arise with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What do you enjoy doing during your spare time?

Favourite holiday destination?

Favourite music genre, bands and/or artists?

Paully D wrote: »
    What do you enjoy doing during your spare time?

Favourite holiday destination?

Favourite music genre, bands and/or artists?

100% gaming. I love games. I've a playstation Xbox and a PC. Mostly play Counter Strike on PC. I played to a very high standard to Battlefield and World of Warcraft for years competiting in tournaments.

Holiday destination I guess would be Lanzarote. Considering I'm currently here now relaxing. It's just cheap and relaxing. Can't go wrong with €2 beers and decent weather.

Music i'd have a very broad range of. Mostly listen to Pop Rap or Rap. I've seen J Cole and Kendrick Lamar live and they're probably my top two!

As this appears to be wrapped up. I nominate Mr.Prodston from the list!

If a mode can set up a thread and move it please

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

If a mode can set up a thread and move it please

Start a thread with a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

100% gaming. I love games. I've a playstation Xbox and a PC. Mostly play Counter Strike on PC. I played to a very high standard to Battlefield and World of Warcraft for years competiting in tournaments.

Holiday destination I guess would be Lanzarote. Considering I'm currently here now relaxing. It's just cheap and relaxing. Can't go wrong with €2 beers and decent weather.

Music i'd have a very broad range of. Mostly listen to Pop Rap or Rap. I've seen J Cole and Kendrick Lamar live and they're probably my top two!

What rank are you in CSGO?

It's my game too.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    What rank are you in CSGO?

It's my game too.

MG2 mate. PM me if want to organize a few games.

• Advertisement

How are you doing this season? Winning your ML?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement