Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media call about crypto

Options
  • 07-12-2018 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there,
    My wife just called me and reported a weird situation to me:

Virgin Media (our ISP) called her and told her that they see crypto currency activities from our IP and that they want their "crypto consultant" to call or even visit.

Number:
    +353857729628

I highly reckon this is scam.

Anybody else having experience?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

wsg9654 wrote: »
    Hi there,
    My wife just called me and reported a weird situation to me:

Virgin Media (our ISP) called her and told her that they see crypto currency activities from our IP and that they want their "crypto consultant" to call or even visit.

Number:
    +353857729628

I highly reckon this is scam.

Anybody else having experience?

Almost definitely a scam, ring Virgin head office to be sure and don't return a call to this number. See https://www.phonenumbers.ie/number/353857729628

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wsg9654

Yupp, couldnt post the link unfortunately due to being a new user.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 wsg9654

Just confimed with Virgin Media: it's a scam.

Others, needless to say potentially, but stay safe out there. Brief your wives if necessary. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

well there goes my idea to get fake uniform & stop random people for a 'crypto wallet inspection'. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

28m9tr.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement