Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dafty - Chrome extension for Daft.ie

Options
  • 03-12-2018 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

For all you people using Daft.ie to find property to buy or rent, I've build a useful Chrome extension called Dafty, which you can download here https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dafty/happgjoidpbmcnnjifkpgjlmicpehnnc

It has a number of useful features
    - Hide a property so you never see it again
    - Save notes about a property from the search screen
    - Show a properties details in the search page, without having to open another page
    - See all photos for a property in the search page, without having to open another page.
    - Auto-paginate search results, loading 10 pages at a time, so you can quickly scroll through them all.

I hope you like it!

P.S. If you're a long time listener, almost 10 years ago I wrote a GreaseMonkey script called DaftMonkey that did similar things. Time moves on, daft.ie was rewritten to break that script, and Chrome got proper extension support, so I've completely rewritten it from scratch into this extension.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Sounds useful, I'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Very nice, I just purchased a few months ago so not really using daft much anymore but looks like very useful tool.

Edit to add: if you could have a button to bring up the map it would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 17 s_o_s

cruizer101 wrote: »
    if you could have a button to bring up the map it would be great

That's a bit trickier, I'll look at it but it may not be feasible. It definitely would be useful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Good job, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 s_o_s

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Very nice, I just purchased a few months ago so not really using daft much anymore but looks like very useful tool.

Edit to add: if you could have a button to bring up the map it would be great

Ok, I figured out a way to show the map too. I just submitted to the Chrome Web Store, it should auto-update on your browser in the next hour or two. Thanks for the idea, other ideas welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,367 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Looks great

Advertisement