Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

UK Classic Conundrum

Options
  • 03-12-2018 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi All
    I have a slight problem which I'm hoping someone has some form of guidance on !

A bit of a saga but my father passed in 2012 leaving behind a few classic cars - these are in good order and get used fairly regularly and have all thier relevant paperwork - however there is a black sheep among these

A Porsche 924 on a UK plate was purchased in 2006 needing a bit of work - this like all projects got forgot about and in a subsequent fire the taxbook was destroyed.

I recently got notions of getting this car back to useable condition on the road again

Is this a difficult task to get paperwork sorted or do i run the risk of attracting revenue for unpaid VRT and 12 years backtax etc or do I just phone the scrapper bin the car and forget it.

Thanks in advance lads !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

could buy a chassis from one / a rotten one here and move over all the bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

If you fill out this form and send it to DVLA they will send you a Certificate of Export which you can use to register it here....

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/414961/V756_260215.pdf

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

What year is the 924? Mind, if imported in 2006 it won't have been over 30 years old.

You'd have to think the VRT office would be reasonable on this given the car belonged to your late father and isn't in running order.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Yarisbob

Thanks a mill for that lads ! The more I look at this car the better it seems to be - it's a late 1983 924 Lux on an A reg ! She has an electric roof windows and mirrors - do they all have these ? I recall the car being driven in to the corner !

The car is in good order body wise and rust wise but needs to be fully commissioned properly - I'm not up for just jump starting it and driving off !! Needs to be correct and not just dickied up !

I'll get that form filled in and off to the DVLA once I get the export form I'll take my cap in hand sing totally dumb and hopefully get a sound person !!

I'm not going the route of stripping it or having taxbook magic - the car needs to be 100% legit NCTed taxed and proper - I'm not going to bin it either that would be a sin !!

I must say Dades yours is absolutely beautiful and looking at pictures on the 924 superthread gives me the enthusiasm to see this project through !! Loads of good tips too so i have no excuse for sitting on my hands !

I'm no expert but I'm willing to have a crack at it !!

I'll keep you all posted -

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Yarisbob wrote: »
    The more I look at this car the better it seems to be - it's a late 1983 924 Lux on an A reg ! She has an electric roof windows and mirrors - do they all have these ?
    Mine is a late 83' (formerly A reg) with all those bits! Though for years I'd wished for manual windows. :pac:
    Yarisbob wrote: »
    I must say Dades yours is absolutely beautiful and looking at pictures on the 924 superthread gives me the enthusiasm to see this project through !! Loads of good tips too so i have no excuse for sitting on my hands !
    Thanks Yarisbob - post some pics here or in the superthread we'd love a look. Exterior, interior, enginebay... let's see it all. There's great advice to be found here. Plenty of other resources on the web too, UK and US.

Look forward to the journey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

Presumably the vrt and motor tax is only your responsibility from the date it became yours. When you get it into your name, you have a short period to get it SORDd

Advertisement