Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kylie - 3Arena 7th October 2018

Options
  • 06-03-2018 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

Love her or loathe her she's great live, BUT

€65.45 to €116 for seats and €176 for Gold Circle standing!!

She should be so lucky...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭kwat

Seems to be the standard range for tickets nowadays unfortunately :(
    Got a standing ticket - worked out at €83 including fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

How could anyway loathe Kylie?!

I know it's annoying but most concerts are priced from €65.00 these days. If artists that have only been around a few years can charge those prices, Kylie has certainly earned the right to. She has been in the business for 30 years and usually puts on an amazing show.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

Really looking forward to this, although gutted to have been totally priced out of the Golden Circle this time around. Do 3 Arena still operate the priority queuing for standing gigs does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

If anybody hasn't heard, tonight's gig has been postponed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Birneybau wrote: »
    If anybody hasn't heard, tonight's gig has been postponed.

Just got a text now.

WTF?

Poor ticket sales? Illness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Someone on Twitter was saying they had actually flown in from L.A. for the gig :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

Just got a text now.

WTF?

Poor ticket sales? Illness?

If ticket sales were bad, I think they would've just said it's cancelled, but she and ticketmaster are saying new dates soon.

The new dates will probably be at the end of her Europe tour, so late November.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Someone on Twitter was saying they had actually flown in from L.A. for the gig :eek:

She has tons of South American fans who travel to Dublin each tour to see her too. Lots of very disappointed fans but I'm lucky I'm a Dub so not too far to travel for the new date.

It takes a lot for her to cancel shows so she must be very sick, hope she makes a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Trying to make an educated guess as to when a replacement show might take place so I can pre-emptively book a hotel room cheap.

Her next scheduled show isn't until November 6, but looks like 3Arena is pretty much booked solid from now until then. The rest of her shows end on November 24, so maybe end of November?

Looks like 3Arena is free on November 26, 28 & 29.

The SSE arena in Belfast looks to be free on November 26, 27 & 28 so maybe the 27th & 28th or 28th & 29th would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Dontfadeaway

kmurph wrote: »
    Trying to make an educated guess as to when a replacement show might take place so I can pre-emptively book a hotel room cheap.

Her next scheduled show isn't until November 6, but looks like 3Arena is pretty much booked solid from now until then. The rest of her shows end on November 24, so maybe end of November?

Looks like 3Arena is free on November 26, 28 & 29.

The SSE arena in Belfast looks to be free on November 26, 27 & 28 so maybe the 27th & 28th or 28th & 29th would work.

I think end of November is more likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭unichick

Very short notice that the concert was cancelled. Was travelling from the mid West & we were in Kildare by the time we heard.

Can you get a refund on tickets if the rescheduled date doesn't suit? The New Year would suit me better. If it's at the weekend it would be fine as it's outside of work hours but then you get screwed with Dublin prices for hotels.

Was really looking forward to it. Such a shame. Hope she feels better soon.

unichick wrote: »
    Very short notice that the concert was cancelled. Was travelling from the mid West & we were in Kildare by the time we heard.

Can you get a refund on tickets if the rescheduled date doesn't suit? The New Year would suit me better. If it's at the weekend it would be fine as it's outside of work hours but then you get screwed with Dublin prices for hotels.

Was really looking forward to it. Such a shame. Hope she feels better soon.

As far I'm aware, if the rescheduled date doesn't suit, you can apply for a refund. This happened to me before years ago and people did get refunded.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

New dates are Dublin 3rd of December and Belfast 5th of December.

From Kylie on Insta.

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    New dates are Dublin 3rd of December and Belfast 5th of December.

From Kylie on Insta.

Gutted I can't make the new date. Anyone any experience of applying for refunds from TM?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Gutted I can't make the new date. Anyone any experience of applying for refunds from TM?
    I just sent them a message looking for a refund through this form: https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353 and got a reply back about 2 hours later saying that the ticket had been cancelled and I'd see the refund in a few days. The ticket is gone from my purchase history now on the site. Fairly painless really.

kmurph wrote: »
    I just sent them a message looking for a refund through this form: https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000117353 and got a reply back about 2 hours later saying that the ticket had been cancelled and I'd see the refund in a few days. The ticket is gone from my purchase history now on the site. Fairly painless really.

Thanks for this. I processed my refund earlier today *sadface*

Absolutely disgraceful concert from Kylie Minogue tonight.

Started at 8.15 (fair enough) intermission kicked in at 8.55 and we're still waiting for her return.

Lipsynched her way through a lead vocal backing track for the first half with occasional shouts to the crowd.

The lavish sets of old are gone just the new screens scam.

Screeching drunk women everywhere

Just awful

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

How was the 2nd half of the show?

The Nal wrote: »
    How was the 2nd half of the show?

I left at around 10, half way through the second half and I wasn't alone. It was a bit more pop focused and she was clad in biker gear.

Loads of people were giving out and leaving from about 20 minutes in.

Part of problem was the layout downstairs. There was a walkway surrounded by the gold circle which one girl came of out of whingeing "I can't believe I paid €180 for this" and the entrance to the GC was in through the regular standing so there was a tremendous amount of pushing and shoving all round. For some reason (not her size!) it was impossible to see Kylie from no matter where you were standing.

Her voice is shot. Disappointment all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I left at around 10, half way through the second half and I wasn't alone. It was a bit more pop focused and she was clad in biker gear.

Part of problem was the layout downstairs. There was a walkway surrounded by the gold circle which one girl came of out of whingeing "I can't believe I paid €180 for this" and the entrance to the GC was in through the regular standing so there was a tremendous amount of pushing and shoving all round. For some reason (not her size!) it was impossible to see Kylie from no matter where you were standing.

Wow ok. Interesting to note as shes heavily rumoured to be playing the Glastonbury Sunday legend slot and the videos Ive seen of this tour look Sunday night at the Palladium standard at best.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    Wow ok. Interesting to note as shes heavily rumoured to be playing the Glastonbury Sunday legend slot and the videos Ive seen of this tour look Sunday night at the Palladium standard at best.

Yeah no way is last night's show good enough to carry Glasto.

It's surprising because the three times I've seen her before (2005, 2011 and 2014) are the best commercial pop gigs I've ever been at.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Okay - haven’t seen Kylie since the 2005 gig, and this one wasn’t a patch on it, but it wasn’t THAT bad. Got a good vantage point beside the sound desk, with decent view of the stage, and not too far from Kylie when she came out the walkway. She never could sing particularly well tbh - so had no expectations on that front. Crowd around me were well up for it and enjoyed the night. 2nd half of the gig was miles better than the first.

Ended up getting a last-minute ticket for this thankfully as I've never missed a Kylie show here.

I would've been pretty annoyed if I had paid for Golden Circle too. Had a general standing ticket and was right up at the barrier at the end of the catwalk so had a great view.

Bearing in mind she cancelled the gig in October because of her voice troubles and being ill, I wasn't surprised that she seemed to be taking it a little easier with the high notes last night, although I didn't get the impression she was miming at all. She did seem exhausted by the end of the show compared to other times I've seen her.

Thankfully didn't see many drunk people, and certainly none directly around me, just a lot of fans having a great time.

I felt the show had a much more chilled vibe, with the set list and less elaborate costumes lending to this. She has had intervals in every show since her comeback after her cancer treatment so a long interval didn't bother me as I knew it was coming.

Wasn't disappointed in the slightest with the show and looking forward to the next one whenever that may be.

Ended up getting a last-minute ticket for this thankfully as I've never missed a Kylie show here.

I would've been pretty annoyed if I had paid for Golden Circle too. Had a general standing ticket and was right up at the barrier at the end of the catwalk so had a great view.

Bearing in mind she cancelled the gig in October because of her voice troubles and being ill, I wasn't surprised that she seemed to be taking it a little easier with the high notes last night, although I didn't get the impression she was miming at all. She did seem exhausted by the end of the show compared to other times I've seen her.

Thankfully didn't see many drunk people, and certainly none directly around me, just a lot of fans having a great time.

I felt the show had a much more chilled vibe, with the set list and less elaborate costumes lending to this. She has had intervals in every show since her comeback after her cancer treatment so a long interval didn't bother me as I knew it was coming.

Wasn't disappointed in the slightest with the show and looking forward to the next one whenever that may be.

I must have been at a completely different show to you. Her lead vocal was booming out from the backing tracks through all the uptempo tracks with her joining in periodically or shouting over it to the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

HKl3AMz.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

What were people giving out about exactly?

I had a completely different experience and it sounds like I was at a different concert! I have seen Kylie a good few times and this concert was just as good as all the others. I thought there was a great atmosphere and it seemed to me that everybody was loving it.

I was in the gold circle and had a great view. I didn't notice any problems with the set up of the gold circle.

It was a great set list and I really don't think she was miming. I'm usually pretty good at picking up when somebody is miming.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Screeching drunk women everywhere

Unfortunately that seems to be the norm at most concerts nowadays.
    Middle aged women out for the night with most of them spend more time
    drinking and talking then listening to the concert.

urbangoo wrote: »
    What were people giving out about exactly?

I had a completely different experience and it sounds like I was at a different concert! I have seen Kylie a good few times and this concert was just as good as all the others. I thought there was a great atmosphere and it seemed to me that everybody was loving it.

I was in the gold circle and had a great view. I didn't notice any problems with the set up of the gold circle.

It was a great set list and I really don't think she was miming. I'm usually pretty good at picking up when somebody is miming.

You could see because you were in the Gold Circle.

Look at this clip from the first night of the tour, around the 8.08 mark on and then come back to me and tell me she wasn't miming.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jyAo0TUBIdc

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Space Dog

You could see because you were in the Gold Circle.

Look at this clip from the first night of the tour, around the 8.08 mark on and then come back to me and tell me she wasn't miming.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jyAo0TUBIdc

She's using a prerecorded track and singing over it. In that clip you can hear her shout to the audience over the track and then she resumes her singing. I've been to plenty of concerts where this is the norm. It's usually done when singers incorporate dance routines. Madonna uses it as well. As long as the show is not completely mimed (Britney Spears...) I don't mind. Mariah Carey also relies on it these days as she can't hit the notes she used to hit when she was younger.

I thought the gig was fun. There was a chilled and relaxed vibe, probably helped by the fact that it wasn't sold out. I've only seen the Folies tour before and while it had more spectacle I found it a bit boring. She hasn't had a proper big hit since All The Lovers and her past few albums (except for Golden) didn't sell very well, so she probably can't spend as much anymore on lavish sets.

As has been pointed out here she relies on intervals since her cancer treatment. I'd prefer a long-ish video interlude with songs she doesn't sing at the concert, but what can you do. She is also 50 now and the gigs probably take more out of her, especially after being sick a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
Advertisement