Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA College Football - 2018 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Good, ****ing delighted, they can stop with the ****e talk about having them ranked ahead of a team that beat them now.

Hmmmm very em passionate my friend very passionate.. that Texas heat getting to you is it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,837 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

brinty wrote: »
    Good, ****ing delighted, they can stop with the ****e talk about having them ranked ahead of a team that beat them now.

Hmmmm very em passionate my friend very passionate.. that Texas heat getting to you is it
    Haha maybe. Actually the weather these times is fantastic here, a sunny 18 degrees, but I miss the cold winter you get further north. And as proud as UNT football might be, twas nice being able to walk by a busy notre Dame training field on your way to work. Maybe that's what's getting to me!

Uninspiring start from ND, they improved in the second quarter but they looked like a team with not much to play for to start out, rather than a team with a serious shot at the big time. Running game hasn't been able to get going at all. I think this thing of struggling to put away poor teams early is the reason there's so many doubts still hanging over this team. I don't think those doubts are correct though, but they need to be putting it on the board. Second quarter was more like it but they were unfortunate not to get a second score on the final drive. Need to get boykin into it more as well, he's been fairly well held today

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

TD Notre Dame, Dexter Williams. Hopefully the start of a dominant second half and a place in the playoffs.

That should be enough to do it. Decent win after a bad start. Don't think they're going to be beating bama but no reason to doubt them against anyone else.

• Advertisement

Agh lads no mention of the Aggies v LSU
    7 periods of over time
    146 points
    The over under was 45.5...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Agh lads no mention of the Aggies v LSU
    7 periods of over time
    146 points
    The over under was 45.5...
    Incredible game, watched the highlights this morning. Favourite part was the LSU coach getting soaked with Gatorade when they thought they had it won in regular time, he then had to go through 7 periods of OT wet and sticky :D:D

Question about OT, were they not allowed to take 1 point conversions after a certain number of OT periods? Texas had 2 chances to win it with a 1 point conversion but went for 2 on both occasions, including the winning conversion.

Question about OT, were they not allowed to take 1 point conversions after a certain number of OT periods? Texas had 2 chances to win it with a 1 point conversion but went for 2 on both occasions, including the winning conversion.

I believe after the second period you have to go for two points

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Some game here between Texas and Oklahoma. Penalties have killed Texas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Hopefully Bama Georgia hopefully be a banger

• Advertisement

As a longhorns fan I’m disappointed
    Penalties killed us
    Sterns going out and foster his replacement was targeted relentlessly and not at the standard required but he’s a freshman so will learn from that.
    Offensive line in red zone were awful
    Defense couldn’t make stops when needed
    Didn’t score in the fourth quarter,not designed to play from behind
    Rushing game outside of ehlinger was poor

Saying all that the Sooners battled hard but I wouldn’t put them into the final four right now. I expect the bulldogs and bama to be close affair and guarantee both a spot in the final four. Against a better offense Sooners will concede 50 points

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭cosatron

As a longhorns fan I’m disappointed
    Penalties killed us
    Sterns going out and foster his replacement was targeted relentlessly and not at the standard required but he’s a freshman so will learn from that.
    Offensive line in red zone were awful
    Defense couldn’t make stops when needed
    Didn’t score in the fourth quarter,not designed to play from behind
    Rushing game outside of ehlinger was poor

Saying all that the Sooners battled hard but I wouldn’t put them into the final four right now. I expect the bulldogs and bama to be close affair and guarantee both a spot in the final four. Against a better offense Sooners will concede 50 points
    The safety was a killer and changed the whole momentum of the game. And the boyd penalties were some boneheaded plays.

Longhorns vs Sooners was a cracking game but I think it's going to be bettered by this fascinating battle between Alabama and Georgia.

Bama down by 7 at the half. Crimson Tide have been a different animal in the second half of games that were close at halftime, be interesting to see if the Bulldogs can keep it up.

Georgia now up by 14. Big hole for Alabama now to come back from.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I know close to nothing about college but I'm enjoying this game. That was a brilliant TD just now for Georgia.

Cracking game. Some final quarter coming up. Georgia just can’t put Alabama away and that missed FG could be crucial

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

first game of college football i'm watching this season and i picked a good one. got alabama at 4/1 there just after halftime and feeling good they'll pull it out somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

That's the worst fake punt I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Georgia have really sh1t the bed here!

• Advertisement

Hurts wins it for Alabama. Well almost certainly it's over.

Georgia don't deserve to be into the playoffs after that insane fake punt.

You know I'm thinking that Kyler Murray is going to get the Heisman after all that's transpired in this game.

Gotta say that Hurts seems like a great guy. He acts like a very respectable kid, and the way he reacted to losing the starting job was impressive. To come back in tonight with his team down by two tds and pull out the win just shows what he is made of.

OMG, Haskins is amazing. Kept the play alive for a long time and then throws a great TD pass to give the Buckeyes a 7-0 lead. Kid is gonna be big stuff in the NFL when he goes.

eagle eye wrote:
    OMG, Haskins is amazing. Kept the play alive for a long time and then throws a great TD pass to give the Buckeyes a 7-0 lead. Kid is gonna be big stuff in the NFL when he goes.

Hope he wins the Heiser now
    Can't stand Murray and think tua and his injuries might count against him

brinty wrote:
    Hope he wins the Heiser now Can't stand Murray and think tua and his injuries might count against him
    I'd live to see him get it too but just can't see it happening. Murray has broken a lot of records and he runs a lot, Heisman committee seem to love that. I agree that Tua's injury tonight is the killer. I think he would have won it with a good performance tonight but that didn't happen.

Final four announced
    Bama v Sooners
    Clemson v the Irish

Georgia and Texas in the sugar bowl

Final four announced
    Bama v Sooners
    Clemson v the Irish

Georgia and Texas in the sugar bowl

Georgia will have to feel aggrieved, I know they lost but that is about as good a performance against Alabama as we're likely to see

Georgia will have to feel aggrieved, I know they lost but that is about as good a performance against Alabama as we're likely to see
    The insane fake punt cost them big. Kinda fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

this playoff selection is a joke .It should be extended to 8 teams , its suposed to be the best 4 teams in the country in the playoff ,Notre Dame are not in the top 4 .Georgia should be in they are the closest to Alabama right now.

this playoff selection is a joke .It should be extended to 8 teams , its suposed to be the best 4 teams in the country in the playoff ,Notre Dame are not in the top 4 .Georgia should be in they are the closest to Alabama right now.
    How do you pick out Note Dame as not being one of the four best?
    They are unbeaten, had the second toughest strength of schedule of those in contention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

eagle eye wrote: »
    How do you pick out Note Dame as not being one of the four best?
    They are unbeaten, had the second toughest strength of schedule of those in contention.

Notre dame are a good team for sure .I just feel there not as good as alabama clemson georgia whereas oklahoma has an explosive offence .It needs to be changed to 8 teams ,Ohio state are a conference champion ,hammered the suposedly best defence in the country , u could say they were hard done by.I just think its a flawed system just my opinion .

Advertisement